Indian Speed Database

CG

Umesh Yadav is a defnite India prospect. His pace and his ability to bowl half decent yorkers make him reasonable threat. At a minimum, its good to see an Indian bowler bowling 6 balls an over, near the 90 mph mark.
That too without a long run up. :aha:

and he is not even looking like bowling at full throttle like Dale Steyn and Lee usually do when they generate real pace over 145....i would like to see him running a bit hard and bowling at full throttle if he could while maintaining decent line and length....

Yadav looks a solid bowler - should be one to watch, though I hope he is not pushed to the international level too fast, he still lacks great control and will be fodder at ODI or Test level, imo. At his speed, he will dominate domestic cricket if he is reasonablly accurate and since this is not the case, we can say that he is still pretty raw.

and he is not even looking like bowling at full throttle like Dale Steyn and Lee usually do when they generate real pace over 145....i would like to see him running a bit hard and bowling at full throttle if he could while maintaining decent line and length....
He looks like he is going full throttle to me. His slowish run up is probably what he needs to have the time to explode at the crease and climb into the action. Sprinting is not always the best way, as Mitchell Johnson and Allan Donald showed (Donald had a headset with Bob Woolmer who would time his run up in the 1999 WC to tell him if he was at his optimum speed which was slower than his max running speed). If you look at the action, there is a full follow through where the arms swing through fully and the back knee powers through, some clear signs of full effort.

He looks like he is going full throttle to me. His slowish run up is probably what he needs to have the time to explode at the crease and climb into the action. Sprinting is not always the best way' date=' as Mitchell Johnson and Allan Donald showed (Donald had a headset with Bob Woolmer who would time his run up in the 1999 WC to tell him if he was at his optimum speed which was slower than his max running speed). If you look at the action, there is a full follow through where the arms swing through fully and the back knee powers through, some clear signs of full effort.[/quote'] right now his bowling approach is quite like Kemar Roach

Exactly' date=' and it would not be reasonable to say Roach could bowl 10kph faster if he sprinted in. They both merely have the approach that suits them.[/quote'] but he is a strong lad in comparison to Ishant or Tyagi and I feel that he will certainly bowl a bit faster than this with some experience, also that fact that he has not played much FC cricket, in his first season he was superb and in second season he was coming off a back stress fracture so was a bit susceptible, hope he goes well and not take the direction of IKP or IS

but he is a strong lad in comparison to Ishant or Tyagi and I feel that he will certainly bowl a bit faster than this with some experience' date=' also that fact that he has not played much FC cricket, in his first season he was superb and in second season he was coming off a back stress fracture so was a bit susceptible, hope he goes well and not take the direction of IKP or IS[/quote'] Yes. He is certainly not express, but I reckon he could bowl from 135-145kph over the course of his career with a build like his (not skinny like all our previous pacers). The point about the stress fracture is valid too, about it hindering his last season. The only fear is that our previous bowler with an build like his, VRV Singh, was a promising bowler, but looks to have disappeared off the face of the earth, presumably with some sort of horrid injury. Regarding IKP, I think this IPL has actually shown promising signs for him. He does not look fully recovered from injury and so is bowling at a reduced speed, but he seems to be getting a fair bit of swing, something he wasn't getting between 2007-9. As I say, keep him in domestic cricket for a few years, see if he can wrack up a record of fitness and wickets and then we can take another look.

Yes. He is certainly not express, but I reckon he could bowl from 135-145kph over the course of his career with a build like his (not skinny like all our previous pacers). The point about the stress fracture is valid too, about it hindering his last season. The only fear is that our previous bowler with an build like his, VRV Singh, was a promising bowler, but looks to have disappeared off the face of the earth, presumably with some sort of horrid injury. Regarding IKP, I think this IPL has actually shown promising signs for him. He does not look fully recovered from injury and so is bowling at a reduced speed, but he seems to be getting a fair bit of swing, something he wasn't getting between 2007-9. As I say, keep him in domestic cricket for a few years, see if he can wrack up a record of fitness and wickets and then we can take another look.
he is express if he is faster than nannes who is express,he wioll be lcocked over 150km/h in australia,england,sa even shauntait bowls 145 here

cricket_god, excellent thread bro. If you can jot down speeds for different series then it will easily prove that the speed guns are very non-standardized not only for different series but sometimes also within the same series. I personally feel that in the IPL we are seeing 2 types of speed gun readings. In some matches the speeds are about 4 kmph slower than in some other matches. Also, in some matches some faster deliveries are clocked as slower deliveries and in some others a few slower deliveries are clocked as faster ones but this does not happen consistently. Thanks for your effort.

cricket_god, excellent thread bro. If you can jot down speeds for different series then it will easily prove that the speed guns are very non-standardized not only for different series but sometimes also within the same series. I personally feel that in the IPL we are seeing 2 types of speed gun readings. In some matches the speeds are about 4 kmph slower than in some other matches. Also, in some matches some faster deliveries are clocked as slower deliveries and in some others a few slower deliveries are clocked as faster ones but this does not happen consistently. Thanks for your effort.
thanks bro you are absolutely right some slower ball are clocked at 140k m/h ,speedguns are set so high up the stadium and bowlers arm it really measure most speeds wrong

after UMESH now ABU NACHEM bowling at 142......I saw this guy in ICL>.he is given a chance for CSK ,wow...he still has pace 144.9 in first over!!!!I remember him frm ICL...india better try these young guns who can bowl at 142 regularly