Indian Speed Database

CG

I also like Umesh Yadav's action compared to Abu Nechim ... he does not need to put too much effort and yet bowls at nearly 145 each and every ball .. I would really like to see this guy in the Indian squad soon
he needs India A experience before that we do not need to put extra pressure on him as yet...we bring these bowlers too early in the team, they rise too early and they fall faster than that.....

he needs India A experience before that we do not need to put extra pressure on him as yet...we bring these bowlers too early in the team' date=' they rise too early and they fall faster than that.....[/quote'] you are wrong no indian bowler bowled with this pace this consistently in indian pitches before..no one I mean No one.......

you are wrong no indian bowler bowled with this pace this consistently in indian pitches before..no one I mean No one.......
You are right. Umesh can bowl 140+ consistently. That comes naturally to him. He is well built and has a very good run up. He was unluncky in few of the matches where batsman were getting boundaries through edges. :mad:

How peculiar! After all the hype over Abhimanyu Mithun, we have someone from near obscurity breaking into the scene as India's fastest bowler..! If its pace and only pace that you're into, then Umesh Yadav's the real deal. This guy seems genuinely capable of bowling 6 legitimate balls/over at around 90 mph and I dont think we could EVER say that of an Indian quick in the past (apart from maybe Srinath during some isolated times in his career). And you can tell by just watching, Umesh Yadav's pace isnt by accident or him being good rhythm or what not, it comes off a strong physique and a solid action. When someone like Irfan bowled at 140 clicks, it was amazing because it was obvious that his round-armish action was more conducive for swing, rather than pace. And, when Ishant burst into the scene, every one was taken pleasantly by surprise by the numbers he notched up, despite the fact that his wasnt the most brute-force action you saw. Umesh Yadav is different. His action is meant for one thing and one thing only - Bowl as quick as possible, which is probably a good thing because the only way he's going to be threatening is by bowling fast We might have just unearthed our first GENUINE fast bowler here. So, yea, in that sense, its probably time for celebrations! :party:

ishant never promised to be a genuine quickie...he occasionally bowled at 142 odd may be 2 overs in a 10 over spell that too in australian wickets..but this umesh start his warm up balls at 138-142...and easily touches 146 without much effort and long run up even in this heat and humidity.. Abu nachem used to bowl at 142 the last time I saw him in ICL.....we need both o them simply because our other guys like Nehra and co are bowling at 126 but that too wayward....so better get a wayward bowler who can bowl at 146..I am sure Umesh and Abu both can generate 150 plus in cool conditions and fast tracks like aus and new zealand

How peculiar! After all the hype over Abhimanyu Mithun, we have someone from near obscurity breaking into the scene as India's fastest bowler..! If its pace and only pace that you're into, then Umesh Yadav's the real deal. This guy seems genuinely capable of bowling 6 legitimate balls/over at around 90 mph and I dont think we could EVER say that of an Indian quick in the past (apart from maybe Srinath during some isolated times in his career). And you can tell by just watching, Umesh Yadav's pace isnt by accident or him being good rhythm or what not, it comes off a strong physique and a solid action. When someone like Irfan bowled at 140 clicks, it was amazing because it was obvious that his round-armish action was more conducive for swing, rather than pace. And, when Ishant burst into the scene, every one was taken pleasantly by surprise by the numbers he notched up, despite the fact that his wasnt the most brute-force action you saw. Umesh Yadav is different. His action is meant for one thing and one thing only - Bowl as quick as possible, which is probably a good thing because the only way he's going to be threatening is by bowling fast We might have just unearthed our first GENUINE fast bowler here. So, yea, in that sense, its probably time for celebrations! :party:
Good thing is Eric Simmons is DD's coach. So he knows about Umesh better than anyone now in the indian team. I want to see him in the team as soon as possible. We have had enough of trundlers. It doesn't matter if he goes for runs just pick him. He can bowl 6 yorkers in an over. And could be a good death bowler.

again Big daddy guys win over players from unsung teams...Abu nachem ignored again although 5 reserve players have been brought in..that is why IPL is not cricket..there are no semtiments only money..rohit as always does well in IPL and a liability when playing for the country..shame

Umesh gets wicket with first ball at 141....and our MR GAvaskar says "he gets wicket with a gentle LOOSENER" umesh then touches 146 in this heat and gavaskar says silent...... Mr gavaskar would not have called it in this sarcastic way if the guy was from Mumbai...I don't know why I feel Umesh will be a victim of politics,our big names are just ignoring him totally.....

In a sense I am happy that our media or any of the commentators haven't yet started talking about Umesh . Will keep the lad grounded. Hopefully men who matter (selectors, dhoni, gary and eric simmons ) have taken note of his potential and blood him at the right time to ensure he doesnt get lost.

DD are out but I hope BCCI and selectors do not forget Umesh Yadav ... after a long time I am seeing a bowler who can bowl 145K bowls with hardly any effort and without a chucking or slingy action ... he has got round arm action yet has bowled 145K balls consistently throughout IPL without much effort .. his control of the ball is also good and does not ball much wides or off target deliveries even at this pace. .. I hope the selectors keep an eye on him and hone him (not by Venkatesh Prasad etc. for sure)

Oh shut up about Abu Nechim, he bowls at around 138kph which makes him fast medium and he was all over the place. Mumbai have a genuinely strong bowling line up and it makes no sense to give someone a go because they are slightly quicker than most other indian bowlers.

Oh shut up about Abu Nechim' date=' he bowls at around 138kph which makes him fast medium and he was all over the place. Mumbai have a genuinely strong bowling line up and it makes no sense to give someone a go because they are slightly quicker than most other indian bowlers.[/quote'] Well they're playing a dead rubber tomorrow, no harm in giving him a game and resting someone else

Well they're playing a dead rubber tomorrow' date=' no harm in giving him a game and resting someone else[/quote'] No harm whatsoever. However, the idea that there is a need to play him just because he is slightly quicker medium than other indian bowlers (remembering that Fernando is a possible overseas option) is just a misunderstanding of how cricket is played at the highest level.