Whats with the abuse?

thevortex

I dont know if people have noticed. But almost every Indian bowler after dismissing a batsman lets loose with an invective directed at the other's sister. We all know what that is, I guess. If that is not on show then the universally popular four letter word is. Do you guys think that this is fairly new fangled? Because it was not always this way. Of course with specific reference to India.

See, this is the one thing I dont understand. The moment talk of abuse comes in, Sreesanth comes in. The fact is that he was not really big on verbal abuse. He was theatrical. He celebrated wildly. But he did not descend into vulgar verbal abuse - so far as I could see. Munaf on the other hand is a real gutter mouth. He also has such a poor temperament that he really cannot ever hope to get into the Indian squad.

Guest DeveGowda

IPL effect.. what they will do in these kind of flat wickets...:winky: So far most of them plays in domestic matches which are not on TV..now suddenly they are all on TV and any batsmen hit them most of the time they have to relese their frustration som how...:hmmm:

Anyone got the clip off Nehra abusing Dhoni.......That was funny as hell..not if u were dhoni though.
its d affect of being on tv.. all bowlers like to look aggressive so that the public thinks they have a "heart" for battle... the worst part is below par talents like rajat bhatia, nehra, munaf and many many more are the worst offenders..

I dont know that I agree with you, desi cartman. I am presently in Chennai but I have lived for over 8 years in North India including Delhi for about 3 years. Saying what you say in friendly company as fun is one thing. I cannot remember the instance when somebody did not get angry when it was directed at them as an invective. There is a difference.

Well i dont like anyone calling me, neither i use those words to any of my friend even though in fun.I avoid using abuses that are directed towards their family members, i d rather say ch***** and then catch my tongue to avoid going further.Saying this to our own mates, is a serious crime, i remember Bhajji saying some BS to Manish Pandeyt after he got out.This is not the way to play, yes u are passionate but uhave to understand that the other guy is also playing for a franchisee and he needs to do well, rather than appreciating his knock, saying bad words to him will serve as a "bad reputation" of bhajji in the minds of Manish Pandey.This is not a good sign for experienced players and it must be avoided as it really hurts many.

ZK yelled MFkr at Uthappa after he got out hitting him for a couple of 4s. It didnt look nice on India's premier bowler. Another thing is we all see bowlers yelling, but don't know what the batsman say to the bowlers when they are fielding. We only see one side of things to judge bowlers.

Folks - I dont know how many people think the same way, but there is a reason why I started this thread in the IPL section and not the general Cricket Talk one. Never have I ever seen our bowlers unloading so many invectives at opposition batsmen. It must not go unnoticed that the invectives are particularly loathful when the opposition batsman happens to be Indian. With the foreigners in the opposition, the Indian bowlers do not make much of a din. Yesterday Harbhajan after he got Suman out was going on and on about the other's sister/mother. Nobody needed a degree in lip reading to understand what he was saying. My question is - why should this happen just in the IPL? Is it all a function of the money? I know a lot of people are up in arms once the monetary aspect of the IPL is questioned. But this has to be tackled somehow. The question must also be asked - if the IPL is not so bothered about such things - then why make all the hullabaloo over the spirit of the game at the start of the games? Lastly I am not blaming the organizers or the promoters of the IPL for such poor attitude on the part of the Indian internationals. I blame the individuals themselves. What I do not understand is why they are this way when it comes to IPL alone. I have certainly not seen so much blaspheming and plain gutter mouth behaviour when they play international games. What do folks here make of all this?

They have their FairPlay award, and i am really surprised to see Mumbai Indians on op with 60 points even after Bhajji and Zak speaking dirt most of the tim eafter getting batsman out.And i think they blast the words only on Indian batters because only they can understand what that means :giggle:.If you give a Hindi Gaali to a foreigner it wont have any effect on him as he will not understand it, its just about the mental pressure that this game has on you that comes out of one's mouth in the form of abuses. But yes, i agree its players responsibilty and the yshould know how to behave themselves on the field, after all you cant keep abusing.What i feel is that it relieves the pressure from the bowler after getting the wicket and that relief comes in form of Abuses.

bhajji has been fined for his swearing yes i too have noticed an increase in the number of verbal expletives used by our bowlers... the adrenalin in the T20 games maybe running too high causing this barrage of swearing. IPL top management should do somthing more about this menace.... its embarassing sometimes for us to watch