Radka-stan Royals

achilles

You've gotta love the franchise and hate the owners. After winning the 1st IPL, they made truckloads of money, only to fail epicly in S02. And now, they've got even more weaker in S03. One major reason is the "TYPICAL MARWADI ATTITUDE" of the franchise owners. Buy cheap players, old retirees, guys who haven't even played a First Class game under the garb of "promoting youngsters" and then expect absolute nobody's in cricket to repeat one miracle too many. I would really like to know just what the hell have the owners done with the money they've made? Has it all gone to their personal trust fund? Are their constant attempts to buy sub-standard players cheap justified when a team like Mumbai & even a Kolkata goes out to rectify their flaws, so as to change their fortunes? I feel disgusted with these Radkya's. I am a RR fan who feels let down by this pretentious, money-whoring approach of, what is one of the highest valued and most popular IPL franchise. The owners are dumber than doorknobs. Stupid tools!

A huge hole was left by Tanvir, let's be honest he and Watson are the reason they won the first one. Now Tanvir can't play and Watson missed the first half of this season, so they should have made plans for this. Perhaps they should have forked out on Bollinger or someone else to fill in that left arm seamer role, they should have also tried to find someone to replace Watson for the first half of the season. There are not many players in world cricket you can use to replace Watson cause he's that good, but still you make plans for such losses.

The worst part was that they got fined for not spending enough..they lucked out on Y Pathan' date=watson,tanvir and warne, when noone else wanted most of them
You think the guys who bought the franchises are in it to help improve the standard of cricket and the ability of the players? They're there for the money, so they have every right to pocket the profits
Do that. Earn money. But not at the cost of the bloody city. I'm sure just like Mohali must be feeling embarrassed of Kings XI, the day is not far away when Rajasthan meets the same fate. And come September, when all players are auctioned again and Rajasthan again buys the cheapest players on the table under the garb of being "youth friendly" and pwn themselves again, I'm sure many people will laugh their wits out seeing them lose.
A huge hole was left by Tanvir' date=' let's be honest he and Watson are the reason they won the first one. Now Tanvir can't play and Watson missed the first half of this season, so they should have made plans for this. Perhaps they should have forked out on Bollinger or someone else to fill in that left arm seamer role, they should have also tried to find someone to replace Watson for the first half of the season. There are not many players in world cricket you can use to replace Watson cause he's that good, but still you make plans for such losses.[/quote']
Just how useless is this Lumb' date=' the worst part about Lumb is, he's got picked for the England side and he's done nothing to earn that call up.[/quote'] This is the problem. They have only 2 or 3 players who shine. And thats why S01 was a miracle. Miracles don't happen all the time, like we saw last year. This year, its just Lumb and Yusuf who actually play. Once both are out, they are, like Gauti said, "ORDINARY". And no babaa, are you nuts? Why will they spend on Dougie? They spend only $200,000 on a retired player and pick "talented Indian kids" who haven't played a single game even at the FC level for $20,000. They don't sin by spending on players. They stash it all in their personal funds. Don't you know? :((
Why buy a franchise when you can't afford it?

Worst thing they pick poor domestic players whereas good domestic players are warming the benches of other teams. For ex: Good t-20 prospects like sodhi, binny,Abhishek Nayar, rahane, Vignesh,Mithun are warming the benches whreas RR plays with lesser or unheard domestic players .

Worst thing they pick poor domestic players whereas good domestic players are warming the benches of other teams. For ex: Good t-20 prospects like sodhi' date=' binny,Abhishek Nayar, rahane, Vignesh,Mithun are warming the benches whreas RR plays with lesser or unheard domestic players .[/quote'] Precisely. They should atleast pick the right young players to "promote young talent". Tools!
they have spent all their money on Shilpa's make up and breast implants
:hysterical:
really? when did this happen?
The Jaipur franchise has been penalised for falling short of spending the mandatory minimum amount in the IPL players' auction, Cricinfo has learnt. Jaipur bought only eight players, spending US$2,925,000, a figure well below the required US$3.3 million mark. Source- http://www.cricinfo.com/ipl/content/story/338103.html

You've gotta love the franchise and hate the owners. After winning the 1st IPL, they made truckloads of money, only to fail epicly in S02. And now, they've got even more weaker in S03. One major reason is the "TYPICAL MARWADI ATTITUDE" of the franchise owners. Buy cheap players, old retirees, guys who haven't even played a First Class game under the garb of "promoting youngsters" and then expect absolute nobody's in cricket to repeat one miracle too many. I would really like to know just what the hell have the owners done with the money they've made? Has it all gone to their personal trust fund? Are their constant attempts to buy sub-standard players cheap justified when a team like Mumbai & even a Kolkata goes out to rectify their flaws, so as to change their fortunes? I feel disgusted with these Radkya's. I am a RR fan who feels let down by this pretentious, money-whoring approach of, what is one of the highest valued and most popular IPL franchise. The owners are dumber than doorknobs. Stupid tools!
It's their money. They can spend it as they wish. Who are you to preach them - on how to spend their money? :dontknow:
For ex: Good t-20 prospects like sodhi' date= :dance:
Are yer outta yer mind?

Is this a joke?Especially when your team has won IPL, you will definitely not want to have changes. No teams who have performed well will seek a major reinforcement so I understand and get why they did not ought to go crazy in IPL 2 auctions. Still, they did get Tyderson and Mascheranous, Botha etc who cost a lot of money and did not perform well. But unlike teams like MI, whom just decided to outbid every team for every players. RR quietly were buying players which is why people like you who just read main news will miss their process. Next, they are still in this tournament and it will be interesting to know that MI never receive criticism for what has been a very bad IPL overall and failed just very epically in the last 2 seasons.
Worst thing they pick poor domestic players whereas good domestic players are warming the benches of other teams. For ex: Good t-20 prospects like sodhi' date=' binny,Abhishek Nayar, rahane, Vignesh,Mithun are warming the benches whreas RR plays with lesser or unheard domestic players .[/quote'] But who is this Nayer? It was IPL who made him so just because you do not know some players or their stats are not very impressive, means righty nothing to teams as they are there to give opportunities. Even Dhoni was just a average wicketkeeper looking by his stats b4 he played for India but as there was that keeper problem, he came and took the opportunities and boom his record went up and up.

They have returned. Thing is the players who play for Royals are initially noname players. They become famous only after playing for Royals. In the case of teams like PKXI, BRC they were already established players. So double credit should go to Royals and their leader Warnie. Shane Watson is an opener for Australia in all formats. Yet Warnie didn't want to disturb the combination. I bet most of the teams would have demoted Ojha.