Kevin Pietersen forced to play against will after bomb rocks IPL stadium

mastana

BTW there is not even a single quote from KP in that article ... I am not sure but maybe that English website is trying to create masala like Aaj Tak or India TV .. I am also not fully convinced that KP had said that
The times does not just make stuff up.

The times does not just make stuff up.
Irrespective of whether they make or do not make up stuff but they try every bit to pull down or ridicule IPL .. I have been following times articles about IPL since several years and their columnist Atherton seems to be hell bent upon pulling down IPL .. check out many of their articles I posted in ICF last year .. they tried every bit to pull down and ridicule IPL since years Ok I got the thread where I mentioned a few of his articles.. Times had problem with English players playing IPL even in SA .. they are hell bent against IPL and it is quite evident.. check this thread http://indiancricketfans.com/showthread.php?t=155049

English media like to blow things out of proportion. Nothing new. Nobody forced anybody here. Do you see anyone saying England forced KP to move to England from South Africa to play cricket for England?
He's "English". So that won't happen. However, had Keiswetter gone back, the media would have gone beserk stating how he was pressurized by CSA to go back to playing for CSA. Elitist crap and all that jazz, you see. And it comes through in every article they write about how rubbish IPL is, just coz no one cares a crap about them anymore. :dance:

Folks - where do you think this fighting spirit will go if a bomb were to burst right in the middle of the seats with hundreds of spectators in them? The move of not evacuating the crowd and not stopping play until and after all security measures had been taken was not just stupid but utterly irresponsible towards the personal safety of the cricketers and more importantly of the 30,000 people in attendance. Would we ever have cricket in the same way if we had lost 13 players and 2 umpires on the field of play that day? We can be fans of the IPL and still see the senselessness and hopeless manipulation of the situation in this case.