'South Park' creators receive death threats !!

Texy

Not being religious and not believing in religion are completely different my friend' date=' [b']WHO'S SPECIAL NOW
What a joke! So there's people who believe in religion but are not religious .. As in there's supposed to be an almighty most powerful perfect being, but i shall ignore his teachings :hysterical: Just like someone who believes in science and is not scientific in approach since he/she is fine with ignoring gravity and is ready to jump off a cliff .. now thats special :two_thumbs_up:

Pioneer, a question for you. According to the little I know of Islam, Mohammed's way of life is not only allowed for others to follow, it's a preferred way of living. How do you reconcile modern findings about the effect of marriage and sex on children, say even just into puberty, with people much older than them? Should it be permissible and preferred?

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Pioneer.... you are a joke.. btw people.. which episode is this..??
Episode 200, mainly focusses on Tom Cruise and other celebrities but obviously the whole muhammad thing is getting over blown. The latest episode followed on from where it left off after Ginger terrorists wanted muhammad to stop them getting abuse.

Hmm so because people of other religions are too spineless to defend their religion we should keep quiet too? It is our duty to protect Islam and we shall continue to do it, doesn't matter if other religions accept this kind of BS about their faith, we won't. However the death threats are completely ridiculous. Islam does not permit this BS as well. But demanding an apology and that the episode is not aired again is fully in order. And the means to attain those demands should not exceed street protests, asking Muslims and Non-Muslims to boycott South Park and it's associated networks and TV shows and campaigning and getting petitions signed. My personal opinion South Park is for losers who get bullied in their workplace/school and like to take it out by fantasising horrible thoughts about their oppressors from the comfort of their homes instead of confronting them. Just like the creators of the show Matt Stone and Trey Parker.

That got to be one of the dumbest things said even by your standards. I didnt marry a 8 year old. I didnt massacre thousands and spread my word as the only truth. I didnt say trick an idiot to follow my word or kill him. A prophet of a religion that has followers who think his words as gods word did. I didnt wage war in the name of god. I didnt burn people in the name of witch craft. I didnt marry 1000 girls. I didnt ask my wife to burn herself to prove her purity. Gods, priest who represent religion and men who follow religion did all that in the name of god and I am the animal? I would rather live like an animal than live like you.
Did i say something that wasnt fact? Did Mohammed not marry a 8 year old ? Was everything i said not in Islam? Why dont you educate me if i am wrong instead of being angry because you cannot defend your prophet marrying a 8 year old. I am not stubborn. I am willing to learn. Its funny that when I have mocked both Christianity and Hinduism in my post and yet you find only the Islam bits objectionable.
Zap I did not expect this from you .. I dont have problem with fun like in South Park but you are insulting a religious figure which is not right .. regarding the 8 year old myth, that is BS... my dad is an extremely devout Muslim (not conservative) and I asked him once and he clearly said that it is clearly BS .. he has read religious books more than most people and nowhere in acceptable religious scriptures is it mentioned that he married a 8 year old .. that is a hoax and nothing else for sure and he confirmed me about it Please dont make insults at religious leaders ... I dont have any problem with just joking or making fun but insulting any religion or Prophet is not acceptable

Zap I did not expect this from you .. I dont have problem with fun like in South Park but you are insulting a religious figure which is not right .. regarding the 8 year old myth, that is BS... my dad is an extremely devout Muslim (not conservative) and I asked him once and he clearly said that it is clearly BS .. he has read religious books more than most people and nowhere in acceptable religious scriptures is it mentioned that he married a 8 year old .. that is a hoax and nothing else for sure and he confirmed me about it Please dont make insults at religious leaders ... I dont have any problem with just joking or making fun but insulting any religion or Prophet is not acceptable
yes, ayesha was 32 maybe even 40 when muhammad married her. its mentioned in the Koran or is it the Quran. during those times a year was what we now consider two years as they had no way to keep track of time. they had to go by the position of the planets to calculate the years and we all know how accurate that can be. and they could not go by seasons because the middle east had only one season aka the hot and steamy season.

Viru, I believe that you can have your opinion. I dont mind that. I am not against what people think or what they follow. I have no problem. But i too have opinions on religion. But Aisha was a child. I have done my research. The age is up for debate but no doubt that she was a child. To me pedophilia is the worst crime in the world. Worse than murder or any other crime as children are helpless and it has been shown that a molested child is screwed up in his head. That is probably why i just have no respect for Islam. In this thread, i has ridiculed Rama's test of Sita purity, Krishnas 1000 wives but yet a fact is the one being contested here. My father and mother are religious..probably the most religious people i have known properly. They have a shrine which includes jesus pic. and some sort of Islamic representation as well. I have grown up listening about all religions, that too only the good parts. I have gone to Sabari mala 3 times before i turned 10. I am not saying anything i have said because i hate a particular religion. I have read about them and have made my own conclusions from them. I sorry i hurt your feelings. I know there are a few muslims here. But i am also sorry that in a religious thread, i like to express my opinions as well.

yes' date=' ayesha was 32 maybe even 40 when muhammad married her. its mentioned in the Koran or is it the Quran. during those times a year was what we now consider two years as they had no way to keep track of time. they had to go by the position of the planets to calculate the years and we all know how accurate that can be. and they could not go by seasons because the middle east had only one season aka the hot and steamy season.[/quote'] source please...If i am wrong, then i would appreciate a good source to confirm your hypothesis

My personal opinion South Park is for losers who get bullied in their workplace/school and like to take it out by fantasising horrible thoughts about their oppressors from the comfort of their homes instead of confronting them. Just like the creators of the show Matt Stone and Trey Parker.
lol you have an absolutely horrible opinion. South Park is awesome because it reminds me of me and my friends as kids, its the only show where I actually laugh at fart jokes. And Matt and Trey and got bullied in school? I highly, highly doubt that :hysterical:

lol you have an absolutely horrible opinion. South Park is awesome because it reminds me of me and my friends as kids' date=' its the only show where I actually laugh at fart jokes. And Matt and Trey and got bullied in school? I highly, highly doubt that :hysterical:[/quote'] watch Futurama

Pioneer' date=' a question for you. According to the little I know of Islam, Mohammed's way of life is not only allowed for others to follow, it's a preferred way of living. How do you reconcile modern findings about the effect of marriage and sex on children, say even just into puberty, with people much older than them? Should it be permissible and preferred?[/quote'] Muslims are only allowed to marry females over the age of 14 according to Islamic law. And with regards to the effects- nothing that is harmful to health is permissable in Islam, even smoking and it is why drinking alcohol is not allowed. So no, it is not permissable. Importantly the marriage of the prophet to his young wife was not consummated till much later. He did not, Zap, procreate with an 8 year old. And Viru, no it is not myth it did happen. Regarding the Quran Zap- consider this- the tribes and clans that existed in the prophets time viewed him as a major threat politically. They fought wars later, and in the early days drove him out of his home town of Mecca. When Islam was in its embroynic stages all that the enemies had to do to rob Mohammed of any credibility was to replicate the Quran. The Quran was a major factor in gaining new converts -it still is. Theres a faily explicit challenge in there to mankind to write something like it. If it was in fact Mohammeds word -and he was illiterate- then why couldnt the many tribes and clans of the time with the array of poets and writers they no doubt had access to write something exactly like it and say- Its not Gods word...

going back to the cartoon- Im not going to deny that muslims overreact massively But WHY then do all these papers and cartoons still insist on taking the p1ss out of Mohammed - Not just Islam, as maybe that would be less irksome to people. Trying to portray what the prophet is like has been done before by Danish cartoons and we all saw what happened. Yet they persist, there was another paper in Sweden or something that did it again- solely to piss off the muslim community, and if they have that 'right' then the muslim community has a right to be pissed.

From The Times April 22, 2010 12-year-old bride’s divorce prompts marriage age review in Saudi ArabiaHugh Tomlinson in Dubai A girl aged 12 has won a divorce from her 80-year-old husband in Saudi Arabia in a case that may help to introduce a minimum age of marriage in the kingdom for the first time. The girl’s unusual legal challenge to the arrangement generated international media attention and scrutiny of Saudi Arabia’s record of child marriages. It also prompted the state-run Human Rights Commission to appoint a lawyer to represent her. The commission has capitalised on the case and pushed for a legal minimum age for marriage of at least 16. Three committees have been assembled to examine the possibility. Medical experts, child psychologists, social workers and scholars in Islamic law will debate the issue over the coming months before submitting their recommendations to a public hearing. Based on these findings, the commission and the Ministry of Justice will issue new guidelines and impose a legal minimum age for the first time. “The main aim is to not allow cases like this to happen again,†said Alanoud alHejailan, a lawyer for the commission. “There will be some opposition, of course, but we feel that public opinion has changed on this issue. We want to gather all the public support we can for a minimum age for marriage.†Since the girl’s case became public, judges and clerics in Saudi Arabia have waded into the debate about whether child marriages should be banned. The Prophet Muhammad’s marriage to a nine-year-old girl has been used as justification for the practice in some quarters. In January, however, Sheikh Abdullah al-Manie, a senior Saudi cleric, spoke out in defence of the girl, declaring that the Prophet’s marriage 14 centuries ago could not be used to justify child brides today. The 12-year-old has been fighting her case through the courts in the conservative town of Buraidah, near Riyadh, the capital. She was married against her wishes to her father’s elderly cousin last year. A dowry of 85,000 riyals (£14,500) was paid and the marriage consummated. She has now reached agreement with her family that a divorce will be settled privately, and has dropped her legal challenge to the marriage. Saudi Arabia’s Human Rights Commission said that it would continue to monitor her situation. It is also looking to increase co-operation with international bodies on children’s rights and human trafficking. Under King Abdullah, Saudi Arabia’s ruler, slow but steady progress has been made to improve human rights within the kingdom, helped by the foundation of the commission in 2005. Navi Pillay, UN High Commissioner for Human Rights, is on a tour of the Middle East and met King Abdullah in Riyadh on Monday. UN officials confirmed that child marriage was discussed with King Abdullah and the Ministry of Justice. Ms Pillay noted an “encouraging level of government activity to improve human rights†in the region, but rogress has been particularly difficult on women’s rights. King Abdullah faced down criticism from orthodox clerics last year when he opened Saudi Arabia’s first mixed university in Jedda.