'South Park' creators receive death threats !!

Texy

Hmm so because people of other religions are too spineless to defend their religion we should keep quiet too? It is our duty to protect Islam and we shall continue to do it, doesn't matter if other religions accept this kind of BS about their faith, we won't. However the death threats are completely ridiculous. Islam does not permit this BS as well. But demanding an apology and that the episode is not aired again is fully in order. And the means to attain those demands should not exceed street protests, asking Muslims and Non-Muslims to boycott South Park and it's associated networks and TV shows and campaigning and getting petitions signed. My personal opinion South Park is for losers who get bullied in their workplace/school and like to take it out by fantasising horrible thoughts about their oppressors from the comfort of their homes instead of confronting them. Just like the creators of the show Matt Stone and Trey Parker.
OMG i haz been PwNeD ... BTW your opinion is a fail :finger:. People watch it cuz they wanna laugh about stuff. South park makes so much fun of Jews especially but I dont see them geting riled up. Defend islam :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: from whom ... cartoonists ... so this is what religion has come to " Religion vs cartoonists " and God cant win this battle without the support of humans :dontknow: I dont get it .. anyway why did God create us .. pls dont say to pray ...

I dont know why i get riled up and get people all worked up in religious threads. I am going to stay away from such threads in the future. I am out. Though i will pray for CSK on sunday with beer' date=' [b']bloody marys and a bottle of cheap Chianti.
Go soon before a right-wing christian group haunts you EhMan!

Sooda, which point?the age? Or about the war? From Wiki, According to the traditional sources, Aisha was six or seven years old when betrothed to Muhammad.[1][3][4] Aisha stayed in her parents' home for several years until she joined Muhammad and the marriage was consummated.[1][3][4][5][6][7] Most of the sources indicate that she was nine years old at the time, with the single exception of al-Tabari, who records that she was ten.[3] I know Wikipedia is not a good source but i am pointing towards the references in it. The references are, 1 Watt, "Aisha", Encyclopedia of Islam Online 3 D. A. Spellberg, Politics, Gender, and the Islamic Past: the Legacy of A'isha bint Abi Bakr, Columbia University Press, 1994, p. 40 4 Karen Armstrong, Muhammad: A Biography of the Prophet, Harper San Francisco, 1992, p. 157. 5 Barlas (2002), p.125-126 6 Sahih al-Bukhari 5:58:234, 5:58:236, 7:62:64, 7:62:65, 7:62:88, Sahih Muslim 8:3309, :3310, 8:3311, Sunnan Abu Dawud 41:4915, 41:4917 7 Tabari, Volume 9, Page 131; Tabari, Volume 7, Page 7 I am sorry i keep saying 8. I dont know why i keep saying that. Regarding wars... Like i said before, I understand that times were not peaceful. But then again, he was the messenger of god. He might have not started the war but he did start battles or raids. It wasnt like he was only defending when others came to attack him. He got an army, formed a strategy,attacked targets to make the enemy weaker etc..like a general in a war. He certainly wasnt Jesus to let things go.
I meant regarding the Quran.. Re: her age, I am not denying that she was young- but as I said in my post and as Wiki confirms: it was not consumated until much later. And the point made before regarding those times and the age at which girls got married- that holds true. Our own great grandmums would have married quite young

I meant regarding the Quran.. Re: her age, I am not denying that she was young- but as I said in my post and as Wiki confirms: it was not consumated until much later. And the point made before regarding those times and the age at which girls got married- that holds true. Our own great grandmums would have married quite young
Sooda, don't you see anything wrong with a 9 year old girl marrying a 50 year old and consummating the marriage once she reaches puberty?

Hmm so because people of other religions are too spineless to defend their religion we should keep quiet too? It is our duty to protect Islam and we shall continue to do it, doesn't matter if other religions accept this kind of BS about their faith, we won't. However the death threats are completely ridiculous. Islam does not permit this BS as well. But demanding an apology and that the episode is not aired again is fully in order. And the means to attain those demands should not exceed street protests, asking Muslims and Non-Muslims to boycott South Park and it's associated networks and TV shows and campaigning and getting petitions signed. My personal opinion South Park is for losers who get bullied in their workplace/school and like to take it out by fantasising horrible thoughts about their oppressors from the comfort of their homes instead of confronting them. Just like the creators of the show Matt Stone and Trey Parker.
Matt and Trey are geniuses. You should realise that they highlight a lot of social issues which is hidden in their humour. From bullying to homosexuality to blind followers of religion they highlight them all. By making us laugh at them they also give us a chance to look at the issues and at ourselves. is your religion so weak that it needs to be defended against a cartoon? Will showing a cartoon affect your religion so much that you need to kill the creators? People of other religion are spineless? No. They are just smart enough to realise that just because they show Krishna in a bad light wouldnt make Krishna any less. Similarly mocking Jesus Christ wont make Jesus any less of a figure in the eyes of millions and millions of people. It wouldnt make the followers or the religion any less. When an elephant walks all kinds of dogs bark at it. But the elephant does not need to defend itself against the barking as it has no danger from it. It will just ignore and keep walking. Only the weak jackal will react to the barking as it is a weak animal and needs to defend itself . The cartoon is not going to affect any religion but the violent reactions and death threat would. No one remembers that in the same episode Krishna and Buddha were mocked too. But because of such violent reaction everyone will remember Islam being mocked. So which harmed the religion more, the cartoon or the reactions? There is no way in the world you can keep people quiet all the time. There will be opposition to even the most beautiful idea and the most wonderful person. You can spend all your life fighting against others and opposing them or you can actually provide an example of how beautiful and peaceful your religion is by even befriending your enemies. The choice is yours

The cartoon is not going to affect any religion but the violent reactions and death threat would. No one remembers that in the same episode Krishna and Buddha were mocked too. But because of such violent reaction everyone will remember Islam being mocked. So which harmed the religion more' date=' the cartoon or their reactions?[/quote'] The Streisand Effect - Even though I had known about South park, I hadn't watched it much. If not for the reactions and the threats against the creator this episode would have just gone under the radar of most people, but this nws has now created an interest and more and more casual people like me are likely to look for the particular episode and watch it. How ironic the episode also has Barbara Streisand :))
The Streisand effect is a primarily online phenomenon in which an attempt to censor or remove a piece of information has the unintended consequence of causing the information to be publicized widely and to a greater extent than would have occurred if no censorship had been attempted. It is named after American entertainer Barbara Streisand, following a 2003 incident in which her attempts to suppress photographs of her residence inadvertently generated further publicity
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streisand_effect

it is a disgrace that the show was threatened. For equinox - if you proclaim to be aggressive defenders why do you also claim religion of peace? every religion has stupidity which is easy to be made fun of, so islam also should be ok with that, if it is not ok live inside your bubble and dont come out of that to where people of other beliefs or no beliefs live, if you cannot play nice with others.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/world/middle-east/Saudi-court-lets-bride-12-divorce-80-yr-old-hubby-/articleshow/5850702.cms Saudi court lets bride, 12, divorce 80-yr-old hubby DUBAI: In what could become a prelude to introduction of a minimum age for marriage in Saudi Arabia, a 12-year-old girl has won a divorce from her 80-year-old husband. According to local reports, the girl was married to her father’s cousin last year against her wishes and those of her mother. The marriage was sealed with a dowry of 85,000 riyals and consummated. The 12-year-old, with the help of Saudi government’s legal assistance, fought her case in a court in Buraidah, near Riyadh. The unusual legal challenge had generated international media attention and scrutiny of Saudi Arabia’s record of child marriages, and prompted the state-run Human Rights Commission to appoint a lawyer to represent her. Based on the ruling, the commission has assembled three committees to examine the possibility of pushing for a legal minimum age for marriage of at least 16. “The main aim is to not allow cases like this to happen again,” Alanoud alHejailan, a lawyer for the commission, said. “We feel that public opinion has changed on this issue. We want to gather all the public support we can for a minimum marriage age,” he added. The case had sparked debate in Saudi Arabia, with some judges and clerics using Prophet Muhammad’s marriage to a nine-year-old girl as justification of child marriage. However, in January Sheikh Abdullah al-Manie, a senior Saudi cleric, spoke out in defence of the girl, declaring that the Prophet’s marriage 14 centuries ago could not be used to justify child marriages today.