Was that Deepika Padukone cheering for BRC in semi-final 1?

Deleted_User_1

Guest Hiten.

It's so bloody annoying to see these "superstars" shouting their lungs out without having any ****ing knowledge of cricket or a true allegiance towards a team. When Jack Nicholson buys LA Laker's ticket, you know he ain't effing around; he's there because he loves the team and its sport.

Its a luck thing. Whenever Kat has come to the matches this season (Papa invited her), they have lost and whenever Dimpy has been invited by the Rajkumar of the family, they have won. Which is why, she was invited for the SF. Unfortunately, Dimpy's 100% record is over :P

Hold on.. what exactly Test cricket has that is beyond comprehension of a supposedly a T20 cricket fan except one is played for 5 days other is played for 3.5 hours. Infact T20 has extra rules like free hit, over restriction. field restriction et al . T20 is not a true measurement of someone's skill. You can argue along the line. But in terms of laws there is insignificant difference between 3 formats.

It's so bloody annoying to see these "superstars" shouting their lungs out without having any ****ing knowledge of cricket or a true allegiance towards a team. When Jack Nicholson buys LA Laker's ticket' date= you know he ain't effing around; he's there because he loves the team and its sport.
Dude, the owners pay them money, they come to the stadium and make their presence felt. Its as simple as that. What makes you think they should feel passionately about their team or know tons of cricket? For eff's sake, they're not a coach or something, they're just brand ambassadors. Its a bit like a celebrity endorsing any product. If Shah Rukh Khan endorses the new i10 on TV, do you expect him to absolutely love the car and drive it around in real life as well? But, if they're really passionate about their team and its success, then thats good as well, but they're in no way incumbent to be so.

...I can go on and on but I dont think the avg T20 fan understands any of this ... (never mind Deepika) ...
Boss Bhai, I agree with all your points ... ..but if the above quoted part is true, then I am afraid it sounds like the death of test cricket. 'cuz Test cricket needs ordinary fans to survive and thrive. If Test Cricket is appreciated only by the elite, smart-brained few, the revenues and the support system will have little motivation to exist. Like it or not, most things in this world work like in a mobocracy (which is hidden by the euphemism called democracy) - if the mob wants T20 and ignores Test Cricket, you know what's going to happen. The point of this post is that we who belong to the elite few who appreciate and enjoy test cricket should get rid of our "elite" attitude and encourage/introduce the masses to the joys of test cricket. I do not know how this will be done or if this is even possible. It might even be a pipe dream but it is a step in the right direction. We all know that most cricketers who have actually played the game automatically appreciate the beauty of test cricket. I have not met a single person who plays cricket on at least a semi-regular basis that does not understand the beauty and the intricacies of test cricket. So in order to educate the masses, one solution could be to make cricket more affordable and cheaper for the masses. I'll stop now, this post has become longer than I intended.

Super Epic phail :fail: The beauty of test match cricket comes from the fact that there are no restrictive rules for bowlers and fielding sides and bowlers are almost always looking to get batsmen out
My point is you make out as if any ignorant can follow T20 but he will struggle to comperhend Test. Explain to me. What exactly is different in Test in terms of rules and regulations. I am talking only about understanding the game. Are you saying you need to have gone to IIT to understand Test cricket? This is our only sport. So pretty much every cricket follower in India knows the difference between Test and T20 cricket. It is a different matter whether you follow or not.

Boss Bhai, I agree with all your points ... ..but if the above quoted part is true, then I am afraid it sounds like the death of test cricket. 'cuz Test cricket needs ordinary fans to survive and thrive. If Test Cricket is appreciated only by the elite, smart-brained few, the revenues and the support system will have little motivation to exist. Like it or not, most things in this world work like in a mobocracy (which is hidden by the euphemism called democracy) - if the mob wants T20 and ignores Test Cricket, you know what's going to happen. The point of this post is that we who belong to the elite few who appreciate and enjoy test cricket should get rid of our "elite" attitude and encourage/introduce the masses to the joys of test cricket. I do not know how this will be done or if this is even possible. It might even be a pipe dream but it is a step in the right direction. We all know that most cricketers who have actually played the game automatically appreciate the beauty of test cricket. I have not met a single person who plays cricket on at least a semi-regular basis that does not understand the beauty and the intricacies of test cricket. So in order to educate the masses, one solution could be to make cricket more affordable and cheaper for the masses. I'll stop now, this post has become longer than I intended.
:two_thumbs_up:

. If people dont understand the beauty of it and start calling Uthappa as the next best thing because he cowlashes the same balls to midwicket (which has already started to happen) ... then its a sad day.
Uthappa is hyped because of his six hitting ability in this format. Nobody is suggesting Uthappa should be picked for one dayers let alone Tests.

Amitab bhachan for all we know probably grew up with test cricket lol Remember he was sitting in a Bangladesh match expert panel and saying to Murali Karthik " I think he deliberately gave a 4 runs to get his wicket " lol. You should have seen Kartik's face then. I grew up in a village. But we used to follow every single cricket match. Test match, ODi match, Ranji trophy, double wicket, six a side, benefit match, divisional match, school match. Cricket runs in most of us. Even Tests between other countries. Chennai blue collar workers never ceases to amaze me with indepth analysis of Test cricket. I have had scores of such opportunities over a period. some guys remember even things that happened 20 years back. My most memorable was one guy who explained how Yashpal sharma scored at a frantic rate by 1979 standard to pull off a chase and India missed it by 40 odd runs. I searched that found that score card. He was trying to underline the point how todays captains would refuse to declare with this kind of target. http://www.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/63245.html