King Raina

zubinpepsi

precisely British people know its worth nothing. Its only foreigners who do not know this.
Vaughan said: "It was a great team effort and I'm really pleased all the players have been honoured."
All-rounder Andrew Flintoff emphasised the team aspect of England's Ashes victory. "I am pleased the whole team have got one because throughout the Ashes there was somebody different contributing at different times - it was a team effort," he said. "But to win the Ashes and get an MBE for doing it is unbelievable," he said.
Vice-captain Marcus Trescothick, who led England in the one-day series in Pakistan in the absence of the injured Vaughan, admitted he was surprised at the award. "It's not something you expect to happen to you just for playing cricket," he said. "To be appointed an MBE by your country is a great honour and I think it shows just how much winning the Ashes meant to everybody.
Glamorgan seamer Simon Jones said the award had given him a huge lift after the disappointment of missing the final Ashes Test at The Oval and the recent tour to Pakistan with an ankle injury. "It's been a frustrating few months for me but to become an MBE is unbelievable," he said.
Bowler Matthew Hoggard, who took 16 wickets in the Ashes campaign, said the honours recognised the public interest shown in the game during a thrilling summer. "It's very good for English cricket that we've been recognised because it's been a long time since cricket's kicked up such a stir," he said. "It's a very proud moment for all the team. It's an amazing feeling to be honoured by the Queen."
Graveney, who has been chairman of selectors since 1997, said: "I thought the players quite rightly would be honoured in some way, but for me to also be honoured is amazing. "When I made my debut for Gloucestershire 33 years ago I certainly didn't expect anything like this to happen. "As great an honour as it is for me, this is for my family and all the other selectors I've worked with because I've always said it's a team effort.
Sure, it's worth nothing. :hysterical: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/cricket/4569600.stm

yesss...its a token thats worthless...its like if you get a present you don't want' date=' you do not act all ungrateful.[/quote'] And random fans on an online forum calling someone 'King' is worth what? :hysterical:
The members of The Beatles were made MBEs in 1965, to much criticism. John Lennon justified the comparative merits of his investiture by comparing military membership in the order, saying, "Lots of people who complained about us receiving the MBE received theirs for heroism in the war – for killing people." He continued: "We received ours for entertaining other people. I'd say we deserve ours more."