Mosque near ground zero

Clarke

No' date=' I just refuse to be paranoid like the rest of the majority. If mainstream Muslims, who form 99.99% of the Muslim population, want to build a place of worship to pray, why should we doubt them by default?[/quote'] Because of the location they chose. Its hard to believe that it wasn't chosen deliberately to antagonise other 'mainstream' people.

This mosque when built will be a huge propaganda tool for recruiting jihadists. All that the gullible young would-be terrorists need to hear is that the 9/11 mujahids destroyed the WTC and now a mosque stands in its stead signifying the conquest of that land by Islam. This would easily relate to the lengthy history of Islamic conquests where "kafir" temples/monasteries were demolished and Islamic structures erected in their place.

This mosque when built will be a huge propaganda tool for recruiting jihadists. All that the gullible young would-be terrorists need to hear is that the 9/11 mujahids destroyed the WTC and now a mosque stands in its stead signifying the conquest of that land by Islam. This would easily relate to the lengthy history of Islamic conquests where "kafir" temples/monasteries were demolished and Islamic structures erected in their place.
i can totally see this happening. you can just imagine a **** like zaeed hamid saying this on one of his rants. sad, but true.

No' date=' I just refuse to be paranoid like the rest of the majority. If mainstream Muslims, who form 99.99% of the Muslim population, want to build a place of worship to pray, why should we doubt them by default?[/quote'] The stubbornness that comes while supporting this mosque from its supporters is unnerving. They know very well the exclusivity that most religions including theirs carry and yet claim they intend to serve the community as a whole; what a pile of rubbish. There are way better means of serving the community and they could have gone with any of those but they just had to go ahead with a religious and not a humanitarian symbol. There is a tiny bit of extremism (however microscopic) in all this; My religion is more important to me than anything else, the thoughts and feelings of all the victims and millions of Americans be damned. I do not care if it reminds people of the worst tragedy my country has seen in decades because my god is the most important of all. This is the same mentality by which the seeds of 9/11 were sown and as indicated on this page, it shall inspire many more.

Because of the location they chose. Its hard to believe that it wasn't chosen deliberately to antagonise other 'mainstream' people.
You havent completely read what I said. My stand is that that even though I have no reasons to doubt the intentions of mainstream muslims to build a mosque to pray, I don’t support the building of this particular mosque near the 9/11 site. I think such a move will be counter-productive and create more harm than good.

You havent completely read what I said. My stand is that that even though I have no reasons to doubt the intentions of mainstream muslims to build a mosque to pray' date=' I don’t support the building of this particular mosque near the 9/11 site. I think such a move will be counter-productive and create more harm than good.[/quote'] No religious discussions on this site please. Please refrain from such posts in the future. :giggle:

No religious discussions on this site please. Please refrain from such posts in the future. :giggle:
Wow, am I really reading what I am reading? :omg: After nearly 3 years of cajoling and consoling, it has finally dawned up KT, Nick Griffin’s best buddy and the British National Party’s biggest campaign contributor, that religious discussions are not cool on ICF! This is great cause of celebration! :yay: And btw, if you remove your usual hate-blinkers read my post again, you’d probably realize that I didn’t post anything even partially connected to any religion, but who cares about facts and technicalities! KT’s reformed! :yay:

Imagine if 9/11 happened in Jordan or UAE or pakistan or Bangladesh or Malaysia and the perpetrators were let's say Hindus or Jews or Christians..... and 10 yrs later some sorta Hindu, Jew, Christian organization asked permission to build a temple, synagogue or church? Biggest hypocrites alive ..... double standard ka baap
yep dont you know according to them, everyone must follow their regulations in their countries as it is their right and when in other countries, other people should follow them as they are peaceful people.

You havent completely read what I said. My stand is that that even though I have no reasons to doubt the intentions of mainstream muslims to build a mosque to pray' date= I don’t support the building of this particular mosque near the 9/11 site. I think such a move will be counter-productive and create more harm than good.
Wow, am I really reading what I am reading? :omg: After nearly 3 years of cajoling and consoling, it has finally dawned up KT, Nick Griffin’s best buddy and the British National Party’s biggest campaign contributor, that religious discussions are not cool on ICF! This is great cause of celebration! :yay: And btw, if you remove your usual hate-blinkers read my post again, you’d probably realize that I didn’t post anything even partially connected to any religion, but who cares about facts and technicalities! KT’s reformed! :yay:
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

I think that this provocation by muslims might backfire on them. Imagine, even in a liberal city like New York, a majority of the people oppose that mosque.. so what would the opinion be in the more conservative areas of the country. Let me recount my experience - I was returning last june in a cab from the station to my home in Pittsburgh, and the white American driver started the usual chit chat. He then asked me if I was a muslim, and I replied no. Instantly, he went off angrily about the proposed Ground Zero mosque calling it a slap on the face of Americans. I kept quiet, simply saying that yes it is controversial. He was clearly worked up about it. I think that this issue will invariably be played up as an affront to Americans and might lead to more harm than good for the already sorry image of Islam in US. I do think that this is insensitive on the part of the islamic organization to plan a mosque on the site of a building ruined in the 9/11 attacks (it was damaged by the debris).

There is nothing legally wrong in building a mosque at the site. America does grant a certain right to property and if someone is buying the land, they can do pretty much any legal activity there. However, this is one of those cases where the Muslim community and those responsible for the construction of the mosque must think this through rather than be boneheaded about it. With the extremely liberal legal rights to property laws in the US, I doubt such a thing can be overturned by the local council or court. It is up to those responsible for the construction to think about the repercussions this might have against their own community. It is in no way going to benefit them and might lead to avoidable anger against the ordinary Muslim. They might even be able to negotiate for the local government to fund a part of their project if they offer to move the construction to another place. Sadly, it looks like this has just become an ego issue of my dick is bigger than yours, which is not going to benefit anyone.

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
If you’re done with your silly laughter and read the post again, you’d probably realize that I am referring to peoples’ rights to gather and pray and not making a case for or against any particular religion. You can replace the word ‘Muslim’ with ‘Christians’, or ‘Jews’ or ‘Hindus’ and the essence of my post wouldn’t change a bit. If Jews wanted to build a synaggoue or Hindus wanted to build a temple near the 9/11 site, I'd have said the EXACT same thing. But obviously, you’re so busy looking for things to whine and moan about that I guess you hardly ever read before commenting. :laugh:

If you’re done with your silly laughter and read the post again, you’d probably realize that I am referring to peoples’ rights to gather and pray and not making a case for or against any particular religion. You can replace the word ‘Muslim’ with ‘Christians’, or ‘Jews’ or ‘Hindus’ and the essence of my post wouldn’t change a bit. If Jews wanted to build a synaggoue or Hindus wanted to build a temple near the 9/11 site, I'd have said the EXACT same thing. But obviously, you’re so busy looking for things to whine and moan about that I guess you hardly ever read before commenting. :laugh:
Yes, the words Islam, Mosque aren't connected to any religion. My bad, cause you could any time come back and replace them with words belonging to any other religion and it still wouldn't be related to religion or religious talk at all :giggle:

Yes' date=' the words Islam, Mosque aren't connected to any religion. My bad, cause you could any time come back and replace them with words belonging to any other religion and it still wouldn't be related to religion or religious talk at all :giggle:[/quote'] Question – Should Muslims be allowed to build a mosque near 9/11 site? Me: Well, people (in this case, muslims) have the right to gather, build places of worship and pray wherever they want. But in this case, it might be a bit inappropriate and counter-productive, so they should refrain from doing so. Yoda: Gotchaaaaaaa! You’re speaking for a particular religion, you left-wing, psec, Islamist sympathizer! Me: :hmmmm2: :haha:

I know what will be immense fun – I am now going to start a thread and ask if Hindus should be allowed to build a MASSIVE Ram temple on the site of the Babri Masjid. And obviously, my reply will be along very similar lines – Hindus can pray wherever they want, but building a temple in that site will only exacerbate the communal tensions. So that is not a good idea. But but but, Yoda will then declare me a Hindu sympathizer! :woot:

I know what will be immense fun – I am now going to start a thread and ask if Hindus should be allowed to build a MASSIVE Ram temple on the site of the Babri Masjid. And obviously, my reply will be along very similar lines – Hindus can pray wherever they want, but building a temple in that site will only exacerbate the communal tensions. So that is not a good idea. But but but, Yoda will then declare me a Hindu sympathizer! :woot:
:haha: More like a Hindu traitor .... you kind of remind me of those stories I've read about few Jews selling information to Nazis during WWII of secret hideout of other jews for their own selfish interests In fact, The biggest irony YOUR name is SRIRAM which I consider a bigger insult to Lord Ram than building a masjid on the ruins of a Ram mandir

:haha: More like a Hindu traitor .... you kind of remind me of those stories I've read about few Jews selling information to Nazis during WWII of secret hideout of other jews for their own selfish interests In fact, The biggest irony YOUR name is SRIRAM which I consider a bigger insult to Lord Ram than building a masjid on the ruins of a Ram mandir
First of all, you actually read WW II stories? :woot: Pretty remarkable considering you spend so much time surveying the interwebs for celeb gossips and male grooming tips. :haha: Second of all, I don’t consider myself a Hindu. So, technically speaking, I cannot be a Hindu traitor if I am not even Hindu to begin with. Sure, I have a Hindu sounding name, but there’s nothing I can really do about it. I’d like to call myself a ‘passionate secularist’, or in your terms ‘Psec, Islam loving, liberal, left-wing communist’. :laugh: Thirdly, and most importantly, since you claim to be devout Hindu yourself, I need you to list three verifiable things that you have done, in the recent past, for the advancement of the Hindu religion. Go on, lets hear it from you, I am all ears. P.S;And just to make sure we’re both on the same plane, things like ‘Err, I pray three times a day’, or ‘I dance in Hindu festivals’ or ‘I bash Islam with unbelievable regularity’, DON’T count. :cantstop: P.P.S; And how are you SOOOO sure Lord Ram feels insulted? Have a direct, hotline with him?

I see that M is still trying to convince people how talk about Muslims and Mosques isn't related to religion at all as only M can. :hysterical:
I see that Yoda is still confusing talk regarding peoples’ religious freedom to discussion about that religion itself, in a way only Yoda can. :phehehe: