Mosque near ground zero

Clarke

Why is it dangerous to stop a violent ideology from propagating ?
because, even if the religion is violent, majority of the 2-10 million (whatever the estimate is) US muslims have never done anything more violent than swat a fly during a backyard BBQ. and by majority i mean a mere 99.99%. and thats IF the religion IS IN FACT violent. and doesn't preach things like defensive only warfare.

Majority of Saudis ' date=' kashmiris and pakis dont even do the fly swatting .... ergo they must be the most peacefull lot to ever represent ROP .... hence ROP = Peacefrull religion wonly.[/quote'] while you struggle to answer that first question...here's a 2nd to chew on: if islam is a "violent ideology" then what difference does the presence or absence of a mosque make? are you suggesting that in the absence of all these proposed mosques throughout the USA (Cali, tennessee, lower manhattan, etc) the people behind the mosque projects and their respective communities will now become "peaceful"?

The goal? To echo the mosque’s own website, which says it’s trying to promote integration and tolerance. I figured, I could return the favor, by opening a gay bar. After all, Islam despises homosexuality – and this Muslim-friendly gay bar would help mend fences. Right now the working name of the bar is Heaven and Halal. It will be two floors – one serving Hallel food, and other other serving cocktails. There will be 72 of them. And they will be virgin. So here’s an update, since last night. Now, I’ve scoped out some properties. And, I’ve received countless inquiries regarding investment, folks who have offered up to six figures. But because some of them were drunk, they may have placed the decimal point in the wrong place. I also contacted the Cordoba House, the folks behind the mosque – but they have not returned my calls. So I tweeted them. Here’s what they tweeted back. You’re free to open whatever you like. If you won’t consider the sensibilities of Muslims, you’re not going to build dialog. By the way, I’m not building dialog, I’m building a bar.
:hysterical::hysterical:

LOL!! what a great little way to expose the muslim double standards. they separate themselves as much as possible fro the rest of society in order to claim preferential treatment for doing whatever they please in the name of freedom and liberty. but they deny others the same rights, in this case, by citing 'sensibilities'. what about the sensibilities of all the families that lost their lives in the terrorist attacks, you animals? doesnt matter...

Its amazing this. Politicos who agree to this proposal are in for the heroism, people who don't want it are called racist, Muslims want for the fact to rub it in. Those who don't care are joining the party for the heck of it and if it's built, its going to remind everyone of what happened that day and recreate hatred for something which had quit down for so long

LOL!! what a great little way to expose the muslim double standards. they separate themselves as much as possible fro the rest of society in order to claim preferential treatment for doing whatever they please in the name of freedom and liberty. but they deny others the same rights' date=' in this case, by citing 'sensibilities'. what about the sensibilities of all the families that lost their lives in the terrorist attacks, you animals? doesnt matter...[/quote'] :yay: It looks very stupid when some people talk about the rights... freedom... for themselves while there is absolutely no freedom when they are majority.

While they cry hoarse about Md cartoons' date=' they welcome somebody who desecrates gods of other religions.[/quote'] same is true of people from other religions as well. they (rightfully) are offended by mofo hussien's nude potraits of Hindu gods/goddesses, but Md Cartoons are fair game. :winky:

same is true of people from other religions as well. they (rightfully) are offended by mofo hussien's nude potraits of Hindu gods/goddesses' date=' but Md Cartoons are fair game. :winky:[/quote'] but they dont go on trying to kill the person or harm the country he came from unlike the other people.

but they dont go on trying to kill the person or harm the country he came from unlike the other people.
agree, violence is the distinguisher, but it still doesn't mean Md Cartoons were ok or crying hoarse about it is wrong.

Check out the follow up message: One day after President Obama defended the freedom of Muslims to build an Islamic complex near New York's Ground Zero, he offered a less forceful version of that position on Saturday: Yes, Muslims have that right, Obama said -- but that doesn't mean he believes it is the right thing for them to do. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/08/14/AR2010081401796.html He must be Islamophobic too :gossip:

Not every Muslim is a terrorist. We as humanity need to understand each other' date=' accept each other with our flaws, work towards correcting them and leading a peaceful life. If a Mosque at Ground Zero can pave the way for this, sure.[/quote'] aaaaaaaw, how sweet. i hope the nobel peace prize committee takes note of your post and keeps you in mind when the awards are handed out next year.

Check out the follow up message: One day after President Obama defended the freedom of Muslims to build an Islamic complex near New York's Ground Zero, he offered a less forceful version of that position on Saturday: Yes, Muslims have that right, Obama said -- but that doesn't mean he believes it is the right thing for them to do. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/08/14/AR2010081401796.html
From the article: But he went on to explain that he was not endorsing the construction of the Islamic center. "I was not commenting and I will not comment on the wisdom of making the decision to put a mosque there," he said. Will not comment? Typical politician - trying to talk out of both sides of his mouth. They have a right to build it, but I didn't say it was right, but I did not even say it was wrong so I can always fall back and explain it away as "nuance." And then this gem from a White House spokesman and I paraphrase - "It is a local project. It is not his job to comment on every local project ..." Is it really, Mr. Burton? Are you blind or stupid or just hiding behind technicality? Wonder what's next - A Shinto shrine right next to the USS Arizona memorial in Honolulu?

It is not like Al-Qaeda is trying to open a terrorist camp there folks. :hehe: A mosque is a place of worship, not sure what is the relation to 911 is other than that all the terrorists were Muslims.
Say that the next time a muslim terrorist mows down your house and the town wishes to build a mosque in the same place.

It is not like Al-Qaeda is trying to open a terrorist camp there folks. :hehe: A mosque is a place of worship, not sure what is the relation to 911 is other than that all the terrorists were Muslims.
Say that the next time a muslim terrorist mows down your house and the town wishes to build a mosque in the same place.
Why not ? It will help the healing process, promote understanding and build bridges.