Do you use English at home?

head coach

Re: Do you use English at home?

madraasi_mania :wtg: good to know dude :wtg:
Hehe.. this is better than marirs_mania.. i shd probably change it to madraasi_mania... :hic:
MM consultation fees dena mat bhoolna name suggestion ki :hic: :hic:

zaroor dhoonga... check ya cash ?? P.S - not bad... my hindi... :hic:
and Madraasi_mania bro... till i receive your check I will do with Cash :wtg: :hic: :hic: :lmao: :lmao:
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Re: Do you use English at home? At home i don't speak much, except in English ( single guy living by himself in Canada !). When i am 'home home', i speak mostly in Bengali, a little hindi because i got a bihari uncle close by (he and i speak in hindi rather than bengali- his bengali is still wonky, my bhojpuri is non-existant) and english (when talking to mom as i am trying to get her english to improve). With my one and only bro, i speak a mix of hindi-english-bengali. I thought we were a bit 'haat-ke' for speking a slew of such languages but i guess not. So many here do it - hell, i guess if this keeps up, India will create a few major really messed up languages by mixing hindi and english in. :wtg: Personally, i am fluent in reading English only. I can read Hindi and Bengali but it is a lot slower and i cannot read handwritings very well. I can write all three but Bengali-Hindi are chok-full of spelling mistakes. I can speak all three pretty well though and i keep my bengali/hindi pronounciation/flow alive by thinking in bengali/hindi sometimes.

Re: Do you use English at home? My wife a Kansas native.........thoroughbred midwestern........so English is the only language I get to speak. Talk in Bengali when I am calling relatives or parents in India. Spoke a lot of Hindi when I was a poor graduate student, but with years of not speaking try not to embarass myself. However a recent tour to New Delhi, I realized I still have the Hindi OK, although grammar is a bit messed up.

Re: Do you use English at home? My wife a Kansas native.........thoroughbred midwestern........so English is the only language I get to speak. Talk in Bengali only when I am calling relatives or parents in India. Spoke a lot of Hindi when I was a poor graduate student, but with years of not speaking try not to embarass myself. However a recent tour to New Delhi, I realized I still have the Hindi OK, although grammar is a bit messed up.

Re: Do you use English at home? My wife is a Kansas native.........thoroughbred midwestern........so English is the only language I get to speak. Talk in Bengali only when I am calling relatives or parents in India. Spoke a lot of Hindi when I was a poor graduate student, but with years of not speaking try not to embarass myself. However a recent tour to New Delhi, I realized I still have the Hindi OK, although grammar is a bit messed up.

Re: Do you use English at home? shwetabh, here you go: My wife is a Kansas native.........thoroughbred midwestern........so English is the only language I get to speak. Talk in Bengali only when I am calling relatives or parents in India. Spoke a lot of Hindi when I was a poor graduate student, but with years of not speaking try not to embarass myself. However a recent tour to New Delhi, I realized I still have the Hindi OK, although grammar is a bit messed up. _________________ Dr. Indranil Dandaroy

Re: Do you use English at home? Marathi, English, hindi... I used to talk hindi with my bros and dad, mrathi with mom. But with shadi, only mrathi allowed at home. Kids are learning mrathi. They are v bad with marathi but they are learning. Mostly speak in english. wifee can speak good frnch, german and bit of other lingos, guj, marwadi etc.

shwetabh, here you go: My wife is a Kansas native.........thoroughbred midwestern........so English is the only language I get to speak. Talk in Bengali only when I am calling relatives or parents in India. Spoke a lot of Hindi when I was a poor graduate student, but with years of not speaking try not to embarass myself. However a recent tour to New Delhi, I realized I still have the Hindi OK, although grammar is a bit messed up. _________________ Dr. Indranil Dandaroy
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Re: Do you use English at home? i am reading this thread after a while...so late response... recently i went to my native place in bihar...and stayed there for 20 days..so now i can say that i can understand Bhojpuri quite well... some some varients of it...can try to speak some easy Bhojpuri sentences... it was fun learning the language... we usually speak in Hindi....english when necessary... love to speak in Haryanvi...but i fail every time....just can not master the accent... used to be fluent in Bengali ( read and write )when i was a Bengal...lost touch ... can understand hindinised punjabi....hindinised haryanvi.... can not make head and tail of southern languages...except few gaalis which friends tought me.. :hic: actually never been to southern india....

shwetabh, here you go: My wife is a Kansas native.........thoroughbred midwestern........so English is the only language I get to speak. Talk in Bengali only when I am calling relatives or parents in India. Spoke a lot of Hindi when I was a poor graduate student, but with years of not speaking try not to embarass myself. However a recent tour to New Delhi, I realized I still have the Hindi OK, although grammar is a bit messed up. _________________ Dr. Indranil Dandaroy
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: