Should Rahul Dravid retire now???

Australia haven't beaten us in 8 test matches now. They've lost 5 of them to us. And they came here with inexperienced batsmen. I didn't see you complain about how they're a relatively weak team and so Sachin's 403 runs don't really matter all that much. Blatant ignorance, and no knowledge of the game and complete reliance on stats yields utter trash like what you've written above. Based on his stats for the last one year in test cricket, make a case for him to be dropped right now.

Results at the end of the day doesnt speak at all how completitive AUS have been in the last two tests they have played. Yes they lost two to Nil but have been much more Competitive than What Sri Lanka have been in the last 3 Test matches they have played here. Two Defeats by huge margin says it all. Utter crap if you are trying to Equate Sri Lanka's 2-0 loss to Aus' 2-0 Loss. AUS have always been competitive over here in India tha n What Sri Lanka have been (Atleast), WTF am trying to tell you if you dont know that SL are yet to win a test match in India you dont hold and eligibility to comment on my Knowledge for the game. For any India Cricket Fan Scoring against AUS in India > Scoring against Sri Lanka in INDIA. And this is the Umpteenth time you are jumping on guns without reading my Post. So here again i repost it.

Well i remember a similar sequence of Incidents last year. He scored 177 against Lanka (A relatively weak opposition in India) and then Failed most of the time this year. Yet again he has scored a Ton against NZ (Relatively weaker Opposition- TBH the worst currently), Hope he doesnt fail the rest of the Year or the next series. If he does i think its time to say good bye to him.
I still hold Lankan attack in India as relatively weaker among all the teams who have toured us in last few years. Only New Zealand is behind them. Hence described the innings he folowed up with that 177, and has been a pretty poor Year by RD 's standard. (If we exclude this innings). Goddy is in the form of his life, I wonder how you compare SRT's form and Performance over the 20 years to RD's? Had RD been in fine touch you wont have seen threads and Posts from other posters asking for his head.

The fact is, against quality bowling Dravid has been pathetic... and the way he plays, he seriously makes me turn off my tv.. he just kills the mood... I will wait till RSA series and retire him if he doesnt score above 50 average...sad part is, the guy will suck in most innings and and will scrore a turtle-kinda hundred in the one innings and all you guys will jump all over the place calling him 'the wall'... its time we brood a youngster like Pujara in the team

Since his peak form in 2006, he has nearly played 60 innings and scored 2657 @50. It is very much a career for many good players. Do you guy at all think about anything or just come up with some crappy logic every now and then and ask for someones head? Average of 50 is very good. We have quite a few batsmen who are doing great right now, including VS, GG, SRT and VVS. They are more or less contributing and keeping us on a winning stake.

http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?agemin1=38;ageval1=age;class=1;filter=advanced;orderby=batting_average;qualmin1=15;qualval1=matches;spanmax1=31+Dec+2010;spanmin1=01+Jan+1970;spanval1=span;template=results;type=batting I added one more rider (min of 15 matches after 38) now you can see the list. Clive Lloyd alone has had a really incredible run after that age. The next highest average is 41 and there are only about 5 batsmen on that list in 40 years. That is the reality and this is why Dravid must retire at the end of this season after SA.
Since his peak form in 2006, he has nearly played 60 innings and scored 2657 @50. It is very much a career for many good players. Do you guy at all think about anything or just come up with some crappy logic every now and then and ask for someones head? Average of 50 is very good. We have quite a few batsmen who are doing great right now, including VS, GG, SRT and VVS. They are more or less contributing and keeping us on a winning stake.
PWND!!!
There you go i needn't defend the opinion that Majority Holds.
You're using the support of a guy who thinks Yusuf Pathan is an amazing match winner for India. Really? Anyway, you need not defend anyone's opinion but your own, and all I've got is "fact vs. opinion", blah blah blah. You posted and deleted some pretty strongly opinionated statements in Shane's thread earlier today about Dravid. I want you to defend them. So go ahead. Tell me why Dravid needs to be dropped. Show me stats, what they mean, etc, etc. And dont generalize about for "every Indian cricket fan", and crap like that. Argue your viewpoint as strongly as you can without clinging onto idiots like above.
You're using the support of a guy who thinks Yusuf Pathan is an amazing match winner for India. Really? Anyway, you need not defend anyone's opinion but your own, and all I've got is "fact vs. opinion", blah blah blah. You posted and deleted some pretty strongly opinionated statements in Shane's thread earlier today about Dravid. I want you to defend them. So go ahead. Tell me why Dravid needs to be dropped. Show me stats, what they mean, etc, etc. And dont generalize about for "every Indian cricket fan", and crap like that. Argue your viewpoint as strongly as you can without clinging onto idiots like above.
The Posts i have deleted counts really? We can argue on on the opinion of my Posts, Not the one i deleted. You have access to Deleted posts doesnt mean you bring them up over here on this board, Posts that were deleted doesnt count, Hence they were deleted. Show me one post where i have asked him to be dropped? Yes he is out of form for long, if this continues in SA he should be dropped.Argue on my viewpoint as strongly as you can without clinging onto Deleted Posts.
:two_thumbs_up::yay::hatsoff:
dravid is by far the SECOND best batsman for india. Without him india would have sucked big time. Being a big sachin and sehwag fan... i thot without dravid india would have been ****. When he was in form... he made even likes of tendulkar look mediocore player. Such was his consistency and the man for crisis just like laxman. I would love to have him for another 2 years.