Should Rahul Dravid retire now???

Silly thread. Averagred just a shade under 50 for last 2 years. Looked superb today, middled everyting and oozed class, just got out, that happens. Had one series with low scores and the vultures are out!!!! The guy is a legend and has been superb, give him a break! Also whats all ths clap track about the difficult eng/aus tracks!!! Lords is a draw fest these days, just cos pak batting collapses cos they are pathetic it makes the tracks great now all of a sudden. They are as flat as others. Indias last 4 tests in India have produced 4 results, whats all the flat track nonsense!! Lazy pathetic sterotypes which have no basis in reality. Even SL tracks are ok. Yes 2nd track was pathetic. But test 1 produced a result and this track is a great cricket track and will produce a result. Cricket last 2 days has been thrilling. It seems coconuts on this forum cant think a test match is good without bumble and the sky sports commentary team.
Bump:--D

Believe me, RD is capable of scoring a 75 even when he is 60. Guess some of you don't mind watching him even then. :giggle: I am one of RD's biggest fans, but would rather have him retire with his head high, than keep on playing as his average keeps dropping, today's innings notwithstanding.

Believe me, RD is capable of scoring a 75 even when he is 60. I am one of RD's biggest fans, but would rather have him retire with his head high, than keep on playing as his average keeps dropping, today's innings notwithstanding.
If he can score 75 at age 60, then average would never drop buddy. actually it might increase. please watch the legend.
If he can score 75 at age 60, then average would never drop buddy. actually it might increase. please watch the legend.
Well, I always watch the legend. That said, wouldn't mind watching Kohli either in his place after having watched RD all these years and having enough satisfaction. I am for youngsters getting a chance too. Regarding his average, it has dropped almost 6 points from it's peak when he was getting close to 60. Anyways, my post was in response to the stupid bump where people seem to love wanting to keep bumping old threads and wanting to keep restarting old discussions.

But he used to play strokes much more than he is doing this days. Excuse me if am wrong as i havent watched todays innings. He should avoid going into his shell , which he is doing much regularly this days and Play Freely as he used to do before or as SRT is doing this days.

But he used to play strokes much more than he is doing this days. Excuse me if am wrong as i havent watched todays innings. He should avoid going into his shell ' date=' which he is doing much regularly this days and Play Freely as he used to do before or as SRT is doing this days.[/quote'] He was a few years back i remember watching him against Australia or NZ where we was under pressure and restricted himself to only playing down the ground, his classic off side cut and flicks, however recently and today he has found some form, today he played plenty of shots (think he got about 12/13 fours) and his strike rate was pretty good. Remember Dravid has never been a Shewag or SRT, hes been the rock in the middle order and a balanced team NEEDS such a playa, 6 Sehwag's would not win you a match in certain conditions and situations. Its like in football, when Chelsea dont have Essien whos a good holding playa or Man Utd dont have HArgreaves or M Carrick, the attacking players dont do as well as they have no one backtracking and helping the defence, Dravid has a similar role.
But he used to play strokes much more than he is doing this days. Excuse me if am wrong as i havent watched todays innings. He should avoid going into his shell ' date=' which he is doing much regularly this days and Play Freely as he used to do before or as SRT is doing this days.[/quote'] So you did not even see the innings and criticise him. Bizzare!!! Did you see him bat in SL?
Could Chet Pujara be tested? Afterall we have to get some replacement.
He probably could, but the selectors and the team managements probably don't have the guts to do that. The problem also is that we generally play only 2 test series, usually suck balls in the first test and therefore are playing catch up in the second test, which means we never ever play a dead rubber e.g. a 3 test series where we are leading 2-0 and could afford to test some replacement players in the dead rubber.
He probably could' date=' but the selectors and the team managements probably don't have the guts to do that. The problem also is that we generally play only 2 test series, usually suck balls in the first test and therefore are playing catch up in the second test, which means we never ever play a dead rubber e.g. a [b']3 test series where we are leading 2-0 and could afford to test some replacement players in the dead rubber.
I agree..But It hink it comes to 'having guts'. Also Test Cricket is probably very low in BCCI's list.. Actually, 2 test series is ridiculous...
Well, I always watch the legend. That said, wouldn't mind watching Kohli either in his place after having watched RD all these years and having enough satisfaction. I am for youngsters getting a chance too. Regarding his average, it has dropped almost 6 points from it's peak when he was getting close to 60.
Echo this sentiment. In fact, I think all the biggest Dravid fans here including yoda, beetle, fineleg and I would be feeling the same. I think RD should have retired/been dropped a long time ago. He has lost his footwork and patience. It just hurts when he cant score in important situations like the 4th innings today. His 4th innings has dropped big time now. He just cant get it done anymore :( :( We can still enjoy him in mindless 20-20s :)