Pakistan’s Irfan signed by Kolkata Knight Riders

imran666

LAHORE: Pakistan’s tall fast bowler Mohammad Irfan has signed a one-year contract with Kolkata Knight Riders for playing Indian Premier League. Talking with media here today at the National Cricket Academy, Irfan said that after the trials were held for including new players in Kolkata Knight Riders, he was offered a contract which he has accepted. Mohammad Irfan said he desires to play for his country and hopes he would soon achieve his goal. http://thenews.jang.com.pk/updates.asp?id=110003 for those of u who dont know whos m.irafn check this out .. 0XKXKZXx4nQ&feature=related

He isn't too quick' date=' rumoured to bowl at around 130kph.[/quote'] naa he bowls at 140 kph regularly ...i personally know him .he have played tape ball cricket with my cousain for years then he was called to rashid latif acadmy where they checked his speed for 60 balls ..his average speed was 137 kph ..but pace is not his main weapon ..coz of his hight he gets extra bounce which could trouble lots of batsmens in IPL ..i personally am fan of KKR and would love to see him in action ...he was rumored to be used as a secret weapon in the comming WC ..

since when do pakis like the IPL and become fans of teams? they rejected all your players last time, remembr?
well i watch it coz of love of cricket ..and i dont hate indians ..infect i work for a hindu indian guy whos from mumbai and hes the nicest guy ive ever seen ..and ive been to india in 2003 ..i just hate politics in both countrys ..hope all hate fades away and peace prevails :two_thumbs_up:

This is madness. KKR’s entire IPL campaign last year was devastated by the denial of visas to Pakistani players. Yet they choose to sign up another Pakistani player? Even assuming SRK has access to the top echelons of the powers-that-be in the Indian govt. and they have reliably informed him that the relations b/w the two countries have significantly warmed to the extent where Pakistani players will be granted visas next year, whats the guarantee that another Mumbai style attack does not happen and muddles up things all over again? Even if you ignore the allegations that SRK has been using his IPL team to cosy with the Pakistanis+B’deshishis (and it is very hard to ignore those allegations because all indications do suggest that it is just more than cricketing interests that seem to influence their squad selection), from a pure logistical/practicality stand-point, why would they want to continuously recruit players whose participation itself is seen to be in massive doubt?

naa he bowls at 140 kph regularly ...i personally know him .he have played tape ball cricket with my cousain for years then he was called to rashid latif acadmy where they checked his speed for 60 balls ..his average speed was 137 kph ..but pace is not his main weapon ..coz of his hight he gets extra bounce which could trouble lots of batsmens in IPL ..i personally am fan of KKR and would love to see him in action ...he was rumored to be used as a secret weapon in the comming WC ..
wot ? 140 kph ? Blasphemy!!! That vegetarian/hindoo yadav bowls that phaasst.

SRK's obsession with Pak players is really strange.
the guy is a businessman first and foremost. and a shrewd one at that. the nutjobs within indian population, the kind who watch his crappy films will love him no matte what he does, so his popularity isnt going down in india anytime soon. and he is vastly popular with the pakis and the bhanglas. this is where he can make more money than his counterparts. so he is basically playing to the crowd. remember, IPL has nothing to do with cirkcet and is all about the money. I can imagine the KKR merchandise selling prolifically in banglardesh because mashraful mortuza plays for them. now realistically, u would never pay 750k for an average bowler from bangaldesh, it just doesnt make sense as a purely sporting decision. and the guy hardly evr plays for the team. so you can see the rationale behind that decision. same thing going on with this mohamd irfan. kolkata's marketing dikwads are getting paid top dollar for making the franchise popular and they must know how profitable it is to pick a paki in order to lure viewership and make money. they pick up an unknown paki on the sly and get him playing, its a nice little cinderella type, corny veer-zaara india-paki bhai bhai type bullshit that SRK is known for. he doesnt even have to play, the interest he generates will be enough to make this investment worthwhile. i can imagine all the pakis in da UK goin to their dole offices to claim extra benefits so they can get cable subscription to Sony or whoever is covering the IPL when this fool signs

7.1 feet? He is never gonna hit the wicket. And he will get a hell lot of height no-balls.
he played in the RBS T20 earlyer this year and his bouncers were lethal ..and he did hit the stump on a few occations ..but he does have a big problem with no balls ..he bowled 4 no balls in one over