Enthiran/Robot

SachDan

Lay off the lame metaphors people' date=' we need more reviews from people who have already seen it.. :hitler:[/quote'] I am not the best reviewer in the world, but I'll give it a go. As I said in an earlier post, if you are an hardcore Rajini fan, and go to the movie expecting the regular Rajini with an intro song, a few fights and punch dialogues then you will be disappointed. It has nothing of that sort. This is an attempt at creating a sci-fi movie but one that Shankar has tried keeping very simple so that it is understood by the masses. The basic lot is Vaseegaran is a scientist who has spent 10 years in creating a Robot that is similar to humans bar the emotions which he wants to dedicate to the Indian army as a fighting unit instead of human soldiers. When he tries to get it approved by the AI Research Dept, they reject it because it does not emotions and ergo it can be easily manipulated by an enemy. So Vaseegaran ( Rajini) tries to train the Robot - Chitti (Rajini) and successfully does it. What happens next is how when a Robot gets emotions and decides to break the rules as humans do, how it goes completely out of control. The CGI effects in the end where the Robot self clones itself into 100s & 1000s of robots and those roots join together and change into different shapes is simply outstanding. The film could have been more slick in the second half by reducing some songs and some unwanted romance scenes between the lead pair. Aishwarya is really gorgeous, Shanker has made her look more gorgeous than he did in Jeans. The camera work for te songs sequence is good. The real highlight of the movie is the CGI.

I am not the best reviewer in the world, but I'll give it a go. As I said in an earlier post, if you are an hardcore Rajini fan, and go to the movie expecting the regular Rajini with an intro song, a few fights and punch dialogues then you will be disappointed. It has nothing of that sort. This is an attempt at creating a sci-fi movie but one that Shankar has tried keeping very simple so that it is understood by the masses. The basic lot is Vaseegaran is a scientist who has spent 10 years in creating a Robot that is similar to humans bar the emotions which he wants to dedicate to the Indian army as a fighting unit instead of human soldiers. When he tries to get it approved by the AI Research Dept, they reject it because it does not emotions and ergo it can be easily manipulated by an enemy. So Vaseegaran ( Rajini) tries to train the Robot - Chitti (Rajini) and successfully does it. What happens next is how when a Robot gets emotions and decides to break the rules as humans do, how it goes completely out of control. The CGI effects in the end where the Robot self clones itself into 100s & 1000s of robots and those roots join together and change into different shapes is simply outstanding. The film could have been more slick in the second half by reducing some songs and some unwanted romance scenes between the lead pair. Aishwarya is really gorgeous, Shanker has made her look more gorgeous than he did in Jeans. The camera work for te songs sequence is good. The real highlight of the movie is the CGI.
Ok, I sort of get the gist. Seems like the movie’s main ingredients are a fast-paced yet simple screenplay, eye-catching CGI, Shankar’s production quality and AR’s music, all spread on a base of Rajni’s charisma, garnished at the end with the beauty of Ash. That seems like a mouth-watering prospect. :--D

^@GM You forgot to mention 'Chitti's' verbal duel with mosquitoes :cantstop:
That verbal duel, the bit before the Kilimanjaro song, could have ben edited. It would have made the movie 10 mins shorter and made for a more crispier second half. Those bits are irrelevant to the movie. One thing I must applaud Shanker for is he didnt give into the Rajini mass requirement compared to what Vasu did in Kuselan. That was my biggest criticism with Kuselan, it never should have been a Rajini movie. While Shankar made a Rajini movie in Sivaji, this is a Shanker movie with Rajini. I would go on as much to say, had it been Kamal instead of Rajini the ouput wouldn't have been that different. The mass hysteria & product saleability wouldnt have been as hyper as it is now had it had Kamal, but the end product would have still been more or less similar.

I have only see 3 Rajnikant movies Giraftar- (as a kid loved his action style), Probably only movie had 3 superstars, Rajni, AB and Kamal Hassan. Anda Kanoon (again loved him) Chalbaaz (again loved his role, funny I think all three were hits in Bollywood. Haven't seen any of his Tamil movies yet. Hope one day I have enough courage to watch his tamil movie.

That verbal duel, the bit before the Kilimanjaro song, could have ben edited. It would have made the movie 10 mins shorter and made for a more crispier second half. Those bits are irrelevant to the movie. One thing I must applaud Shanker for is he didnt give into the Rajini mass requirement compared to what Vasu did in Kuselan. That was my biggest criticism with Kuselan, it never should have been a Rajini movie. While Shankar made a Rajini movie in Sivaji, this is a Shanker movie with Rajini. I would go on as much to say, had it been Kamal instead of Rajini the ouput wouldn't have been that different. The mass hysteria & product saleability wouldnt have been as hyper as it is now had it had Kamal, but the end product would have still been more or less similar.
Absolutely right!

The COO of Sun Pictures, revealed that Rajinikanth did not speak about his remuneration and said he preferred to wait till the film’s release. With Endhiran turning out to be a massive hit, it’s time to pay the Superstar, said Saxena. To a query on whether the rumors that Rajini and Jackie Chan would be roped in for a movie is true, he said that Sun Pictures is well-equipped with technical expertise and financial resources for such a project.