A Picture says a 1000 words

Lurker

Before there was a YouTube or a TMZ the media contained Television network and print media. The latter obviously was the platform that launched all subequent medias. The Print media would often come out with pictures that shall convey more than words of best writers would. Here are a collection of few pictures that have stood the time for me..please feel free to add on. Solitay man taking on Chinese Tank at Tiananmen protest. Tiananmen_Tank_Man.jpg Afgani refugee girl in Pakistan on the cover of National Geographic. 213412.jpg (for those interested this girl was traced after a couple of decades..you can read the entire story here http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/1870382.stm ) Viet Cong Execution 06.jpg (there is another, more graphic picture that is etchd on my mind...banalities of war..if you are interested search Google for "Vietnam Napalm girl") Marilyn Monroe in 7 Year Itch. 7Year_2.jpg Please share with some pictures that may have stayed on your minds for a long time. Google Images can help you/us relive the memories. xxxx

Re: A Picture says a 1000 words Good one Lurker!....I recently watched a documentary on the Tinaman square protest and they tried to track down the guy in the picture.....abt the second picture the National Greographic folks did track down the girl recently again.Indeed the defining pictures of an era gone by.

Re: A Picture says a 1000 words Thanks Mandrake. :wtg: Rajeev, that Rakesh Sharma picture reminds me of the famous incident when Rakesh Sharma spoke with then Indian PM Indira Gandhi. Indiraji had asked, "Uppar se Bharat kaise lagta hai"..Sharma had replied, "Saare jehan se Accha".. Now there is a man with guts and humour :salute: