Babri Verdict to be announced today

ravishingravi

This is simplistic. The legislature or the judiciary cannot conflate matters of the faith with implementation of the rights to property in the country. If they do that this sets a precedent and will lead to Ayodhya like situations elsewhere in the country (Mathura' date=' Benaras etc). I think the SC would be extra cautious to avoid that.[/quote'] Even if thats the case, how else supreme court awards the suit to one or other party? According to high court, the place has been used by both Hindus and Muslims for worship since 19th century.

Even if thats the case' date=' how else supreme court awards the suit to one or other party? According to high court, the place has been used by both Hindus and Muslims for worship since 19th century.[/quote'] By maintaining status quo I would imagine. Again, I don't know. It would be best if the government takes possesion of the disputed land as a first step imo.

I am still struggling to understand why Pak. is so interested in the issue. I guess it is the eternal battle post partition as to who was right and who is better off. Considering Pak. to be a borderline failed state, I would say the answer is pretty clear.
This is very funny stance by few people here, why Pakistan is discussing our "internal issue"... can't belive this innocence... At the same time I wonder why then Pakistan's "internal" issues are discused in/by india even more than Pakistan itself... I think court missed somepart of judgment part, it should have been "land will be divided into three parts, one will be given to... ... ... ... and furthermore if any person outside the india tried to discuss or even think about this decision, india have the right to take legal action against him"...

It wont because Ayodhya had a special exemption from a law that prevents religious places from being converted. But yeah such idiotic laws could only be had in India where it is a crime to point out that some of the most holy places had been destroyed by barbarians and do the right thing because it needs to keep the aggresive comunity happy even if that means that it virtually means that you endorse such barbarity.
It may well be the case and I think it is a sound law. The grievance list is long (that being the nature of the barbarians) and attempting to correct them is a waste of time and resources imo.

The problem is that Intellectual and utopian dreaming social misfits accumulate in the universities(As private enterprise demands practical outlook and efficiency), and rant on the society around for their incompatibility. In addition, criticism of the main stream(however peripheral and illogical it may seem) gives them a sense of "moral high ground". Their brains worsen with age, and by the time the age clock hits 50 we have a delusional, arrogant and useless harangue. These people bug us through newpapers, TV and some plain useless books glorifying liberalism. These loners and asocial human beings are our secularists, environmental activists, leftie loonies etc., This is pretty common across all the cultures. The most American hating loonies are in its universities.

How is that futile ? Considering there is absolutely no shortage of people who still feel proud of that part of History ? Do you really think ignoring will make the problem go away ?
There is also no shortage of people who feel the need to whine about that part of history as if it is impeding them from going on with their normal chores. I don't care much about both groups tbf.
Not Ayodhya read the posts and keep trak of the discussion. The point was about when Hindus get driven out. You said this has stopped since Mughal rule ended. I provided you the example of KAshmir. Now pls dont relocate the goal post.
The point was about Pakistan going to the UN with grievances on the plights of Indian muslims esp on Ayodhya. And about India being reduced to a muslim majority country. That was the part I responded to. Look I have no intention on getting into a slanging match over community conflicts, and appear to be siding with the other side over my own. I just thought some of the comments were exaggerations and I commented on that.

Actually the worst group is that of the shameless apologists who think it is fashionable to ignore supporters of barbarians and their ideologies. And standing up against destructive and uterly intolerant ideologies isnt "whining" . My point was about your claim of being in majority even after Moghul rule. I responded with Kashmir. Now care to provide a response to that ? There is no slanging match. And whats happening in History and now in Kashmir isnt exaggeration.
What happened in history is that we were weak and lost to invaders who ruled us for a large part of our history, and the associated looting and destruction when something of that sort happens. What is happening now in Kashmir was what was happening in Kashmir in one form or the other ever since independance. What I don't see is how either of the above presents a real danger to the hindu community in the rest of the country today. If you are saying that the danger comes from the ideology followed by the rest of the muslims in India (essentially the converts) then I feel you are exaggerating that danger.

I agree with bihutoli regarding SC. I can't imagine them letting this decision stand in it's entirety. I would also not be surprised if Congress starts making statements in favor of the Muslims making hem feel like Victims and puts background pressure on the SC to either reverse or modify it to make it more favorable to the Muslims. What better way than this to ensure that Vote banks are tilted their way for generations to come!

Asaduddin Owaisi, a barrister trained in London and president of All India Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen, a Muslim political party, is a prominent member of the Lok Sabha and a member of the AIMPLB. He told rediff.com, "When my title suit is rejected by the honourable court why am I given charity? Take this bloody thing back! Why should I get that chunk of land which is legally not in my name? Why are you patronising me? Why? Either give back my entire land over which the mosque stood or take away the whole of the land that is not mine legally. I don't see how I can have a right over it! Under the law of Waqf I can't accept that land."
link .Owaisi , bloody goon from Hyderabad , says take away the entire land.

To reduce this dispute to a simplistic "Ownership of a piece of land" would be to completely miss the point. The entire point of this dispute was to resolve the question of whether the spot was birth place of Ram. The court has answered that without leaving anything to anybodies imagination.
I agree. This is not about piece of land. It is about land of significance. If we deny that Shri Ram was born here then we are questioning his existence itself. In my honest opinion, that small land should have been given fully for the temple and huge land 5 miles apart be given to muslims for building a mosque with all the logistic support and help to build a nice place of worship for them. This is not resolved yet. If worshipping could make people peaceful then we wouldn't have had this issue in the first place. I hope closeness between these groups will only create problems. I was very surprised that over 30 temples were knocked off in Pakistan (just like all these mughals did in india for centuries) after Babri masjit was demolished in Ayodhya. These buggers, did they ever shed a tear on that while asking a land in Ayodhya.

"Mandir to ban jaayega, Par Ram kahan se laaoge? ... Uss masjid ki deewaron ko, Kya pak kabhi kar paaoge? .... Jis chaukhat par log jale, Ram wahan na jaayenge ... Jin galiyaron mein khoon gira, Maula kya reh paayenge?"
So true. Irony that it is hard for all of us to understand. I dont give damn if some muslims dont understand this but every hindu should understand this very well. They should know it from their heart. That is why I call it mordern hinduism.

So true. Irony that it is hard for all of us to understand. I dont give damn if some muslims dont understand this but every hindu should understand this very well. They should know it from their heart. That is why I call it mordern hinduism.
Well Ram himself didn't hesitate to wage a war to uphold righteousness :winky: In this case, righteousness could be defined as restoration of his birthplace for worship by his devotees. Yes loss of life in any situation is indefensible IMO, but sometimes it happens.