Commonwealth Games may be called off : NZ official

seedhi

**** india. seriously. what a ****ing sham of a country. of course, nobody on this forum is even going to notice this...because the food courts are more important. B->
Food court looks very good. Credit where it is due..
:hysterical::hysterical: Everyone went past the child labour post :wall: Weren't these events meant to show how India has progressed as a country? I think we would have been better off without the games. People would have seen the country as a rising superpower in stead now they'll just have a negative perspective of it again.

:hysterical::hysterical: Everyone went past the child labour post :wall: Weren't these events meant to show how India has progressed as a country? I think we would have been better off without the games. People would have seen the country as a rising superpower in stead now they'll just have a negative perspective of it again.
indians have an innate ability to ignore anything that is unpleasant to the eye. i guess you need that to live in a country like india, where you will see all kinds of ****ed up **** on a daily basis and need to filter it out of your mind to remain clinically sane. btw, i know child labour is used everywhere in india, but i would have thought that at least the construction of venues in a project as big as the commonwealth games wouldn't require the use of child labour. you would think that they wouldn't need to rely on much manual labour at all, but it's the same old women in saarees carrying mud and bricks on their heads. what a wonderful image to project to the rest of the world. honestly, i don't know how people are still taking these games seriously.

Look I'm not ignoring Child labour issues. The photographs could be misleading. The labourer families usually live near the construction, and there could be possibility of Kids coming in picture. I'm not denying it but in an ideal situation, the OC should've asked PWD guys to locate the labourer families not near the construction sites. Shoulda, Coulda, Woulda.. Lot's of things went wrong and we discussed them. I hope the Games go well. When the time comes for introspection, I hope the authorities investigate every aspect of this CWG "project"..

Look I'm not ignoring Child labour issues. The photographs could be misleading. The labourer families usually live near the construction, and there could be possibility of Kids coming in picture. I'm not denying it but in an ideal situation, the OC should've asked PWD guys to locate the labourer families not near the construction sites. Shoulda, Coulda, Woulda.. Lot's of things went wrong and we discussed them. I hope the Games go well. When the time comes for introspection, I hope the authorities investigate every aspect of this CWG "project"..
Forget the photos, read the article and then watch this video. This activist reveals how there is human trafficking going on and that there are wages being paid for child labour: http://www.cnn.com/video/?/video/world/2010/09/23/ctw.intv.india.kara.cnn he has been watching the situation for hours on end, i dont think he is making this stuff up.

Forget the photos, read the article and then watch this video. This activist reveals how there is human trafficking going on and that there are wages being paid for child labour: http://www.cnn.com/video/?/video/world/2010/09/23/ctw.intv.india.kara.cnn he has been watching the situation for hours on end, i dont think he is making this stuff up.
Could be true, Yaar..It's shameful for all Indians. We can only hope of things to get better. Being an NRI, I'm not able to bring myself to criticise 'everything Indian' as I'm not in India to try make any difference at a personal level. I can only hope and pray things get better. In whatver way we can contribute in supporting various charities, we should do. What else we can do. I get depressed now, following many negative aspects of India. I'm trying to look for some positive aspects now.. My only wish is that India doesn't become a fiefdom of a single political party or an alliance of the same party. For a vibrant democracy and economy, India needs timebound political changes. I hope one party is not allowed to screw up India just because it "appears" to be Secular..