Commonwealth Games may be called off : NZ official

seedhi

why isn't there much protest from the opposition? seems like Kangress and it's croonies are getting a free pass on this one.
BJP's Venkaiah Naidu today had a press conference and asked the PM to step in and ensure that the Games are held sucessfully in all aspects and India's name is not sullied in the World. (Tough ask).. The problem opposition is having is that they can't do much protest otherwise they'll be portrayed as 'opportunists' and 'not helping the cause of the Delhi CWG'. So they are just waiting for the Games to be over. Kangress on the other hand is waiting for the games to be over and brush everything under the carpet.. Let's see how it pans out..

why isn't there much protest from the opposition? seems like Kangress and it's croonies are getting a free pass on this one.
The opposition will scream its throat out and things will not change. The party in power will always make generic statements, although there is a four point plan for all problems: i) Initially, deny the problem. ii) State that the problem is of small magnitude and does not need undue intervention. iii) There is some sort of a problem but it would be recommended not to get too entangled in it so as not to worsen it. iv) Finally, its too late to do anything, forget about it. Establish inquiries and publish reports a few yrs later while the country deals with another problem and this one is forgotten.

The congress has perfected the art of deflecting the blame. Now, the congress-cheerleader media has started blaming the NDA govt for preparing the bid for CWG in 2003, even though the games were awarded to India in 2004 during the UPA rule and for six years congress govt has done jack about preparing for the games. Even more mind boggling is how MS Aiyar is being treated with kids gloves .. this man was the sports minister till 2008 and he did not take a single decision about the preparations and now has the gall to wash his hands off the mess for which he is as much responsible as MS Gill. I am telling eventually BJP is going to be blamed for this. Exactly the same thing happened in aftermath of 26/11 when the congress-cheerleader media spun the attack as the failure of the entire political class instead of the UPA govt at the centre and in Maharashtra.

Ultimately the buck has to stop at the Central and the Delhi govts since it is our TAX money that is being spent (and over 30,000 crores too!). And the most important way they can be held responsible is in the elections. However, if the blame is sought to be spread around and the media deliberately misinforms and misleads the public leading to a dilution of public accountability then what is the incentive for the ruling party to clean up its act?

BJP's Venkaiah Naidu today had a press conference and asked the PM to step in and ensure that the Games are held sucessfully in all aspects and India's name is not sullied in the World. (Tough ask).. The problem opposition is having is that they can't do much protest otherwise they'll be portrayed as 'opportunists' and 'not helping the cause of the Delhi CWG'. So they are just waiting for the Games to be over. Kangress on the other hand is waiting for the games to be over and brush everything under the carpet.. Let's see how it pans out..
There was very funny comment by Narendra Modi, I LMAO on it. He said even if PM himself becomes laborer still it won't be ready. :haha::haha::haha: No matter what, I want Kalmadi and Co. to go and possibly charged for fraud.

I was still supporting somewhat till now but the last two days have completely eradicated all my remaining support for the CWG games .. yaar if it was within the country I would have still accepted it but getting shamed in front of the world is really not acceptable ... I will perhaps also boycott it now

There was very funny comment by Narendra Modi, I LMAO on it. He said even if PM himself becomes laborer still it won't be ready. :haha::haha::haha: No matter what, I want Kalmadi and Co. to go and possibly charged for fraud.
Love him or hate him, N Modi gets things done, and from a country we come from, that does mean quite a lot.

disgusting, pathetic, shameful just how unprofessional is everyone over there? It's a miracle how the country is surviving 6 f..kin years they had to decide, plan, implement and build this....why is this still incomplete?
Because they were busy eating up the money.Kalmadi and congress :puke:

I had heard a common saying " Congress is corrupt to the core but in the end they get the work done". I never agreed but know a lot of people who believed in this statement. I wonder what they have to say now. Its just greed crossing all bounds. After seeing how things are getting done and approved, i fear for what will happen if there is a mild earthquake in delhi. So many new buildings have been constructed in the last decade or so .. only allah knows what these thugs have been upto.

It could be the biggest SCAM done by Kangress, so far...Bofors scam appears tiny against this..It's a double whammy. Not only taxpayers have been swindled, the quality of work done is sub-standard.. That's not all. There'll definitely be an "enquiry commission" which will sit on the case to "abslove" all the Kangressis and that'll also cost the exchequer.. People of India should make a underground vigilante group and start eleminating these fekers, one by one..
do you think a common poor man from orissa gives a flying feck about CWG ? for that matter even people living in Meerut ( 2 hrs from delhi ) wouldnt care about what happens in CWG. I am talking about poor people, the ones who actually vote.

so apparently Shivaji stadium will NO LONGER be used as a venue since it won't be ready by the starting date # waterlogged basement @ games village # staircase dirty with trash and paan stains # water canal surrounding the village complex is filled with water and trash and is ready for dengue and mosquito infestation # foot bridge yet to be ready--- the link between the village and the cycling complex # Athletes are suppose to check in on Thursday starting with India's own weightlifting team but where will they check in? # Games permission approved in 2003 and construction work started in 2008 # estimated 70,000 crore spent already with additional spending on security yet to come How can you be so corrupt that you have NO respect for your country's image or people? I understand corruption would be common in developing countries but this is robbery. What happen to all the Gandhian principles ? Why do we even celebrate independence day anymore?

Imo, the big concern is still security, and hopefully it goes fine. Next, why are we having the CWG now? First there is the Babri verdict and more attention will go towards the India Aus series.So basically why did we have the 2 at this period, when our whole attention should be on this event. Next, I do not understand what will happen post-CWG, there is absolutely no accountability in India and I think the Congress will only say that we have learned by this event and will improve the World Cup 11 and of course, it will happen and people will again praise Congress. They will easier forget CWG just like 26/11.