Yuvraj Singh: Two part Interview touches on form,past mistakes, and for advice to Young Cricketers

ludhianvi

Yea dude.. You'll make some Sarfraz-Nawaz style prepostrous allegation about one player trying to defame younger players because you simply couldnt see an entirely harmless interview remark for what it is.. (surprise, surprise!). If someone questions the sheer lunacy of that allegation, you say 'disprove me by pointing out to similar statements made by other players..' and I am supposed to oblige this frankly comical request by trolling the internet? WTF! I have to say the sheer hilarity of this entire thing is getting magnified post by post..! Next stop for Yuvraj; An interview with the Indian express where he blames Dinesh Karthik and Robin Uthappa for being very rude to their co-passengers in a flight! :eyedance:
If what Yuvraj did was so right, earnest, honest, and courageous, surely there must be some precedents among out elite cricketers of doing the same like Tendulkar, Dravid, and Kumble.....and surely it can't be that difficult for you to give a few examples of these people publicly undermining their competition, not of cricketing skills, but of unprofessionalism, instead of the blabber you just wrote above?
If what Yuvraj did was so right' date=' earnest, honest, and courageous, surely there must be some precedents among out elite cricketers of doing the same like Tendulkar, Dravid, and Kumble.....and surely it can't be that difficult for you to give a few examples of these people publicly undermining their competition, not of cricketing skills, but of unprofessionalism, instead of the blabber you just wrote above?[/quote'] Who said his comments were 'right, earnest, honest and courageous (courageous? where did that come from?, did you run out of adjectives by the end of it?). It was clearly a slip of the tongue and not something you see often, but its also an obviously harmless remark that intended no malice whatsoever. Anyone who's seen the languid, even the casually lazy manner in which Yuvraj speaks will acknowledge that he isnt the most eloquent of speakers. Come to think of it, if what you say is even remotely true, dont you think the normally controversy hungry media would have pounced on it by now and we would have all sorts of media stores with blaring headlines along the lines of 'Yuvraj SLAMS Kohli and Sharma..' or 'Yuvraj questions youngsters' commitment!' by now? No one picked on it, because no one thinks its a big deal, EXCEPT you of course. :laugh: However, what I find the MOST disturbing about this hilarious insinuation are these two things; 1) First, you somehow seem to think Yuvraj is the sort of character who would wilfully engage in these below-the-belt campaigns to malign his fellow team-mates. To say that about someone who has been in the Indian team for more than a decade, scored 11,000 international runs and masterminded some of our most famous wins, with no real proof whatsoever and only based on a half-baked interpretation of a harmless interview remark, is honestly PATHETIC. 2) For this supposed 'tactic' of Yuvraj to work, you obviously think he thinks people around him are SOOO dumb that these remarks would cause a firestorm that eventually marginalize these two players. WTF! I was tempted to press the 'exit' button from this thread a looooong time ago, but it was only sheer curiosity regarding how far you'd keep going with this stupid allegation of yours, before you finally realize how childish it actually is, that kept me going. Seems like you not only strongly believe what you say (unless of course, this is all for funzz and stuff..:winky:), but keep re-inforcing it with equally hilarious arguments.. so yea, here goes my concession - You're right, Yuvraj is a scheming villain who uses back-channel tactics to keep his competitors out of the team. Happy? Adios!

Outsider - agree that he could have avoided naming the youngsters. It certainly is not good press for them. But I dont see that Yuvraj is trying to bring them down. I would perhaps go for an answer out of his own interview. 'Boys mature late'. Perhaps it is still not time for Yuvraj.....:)

Some times the reason why people fail in test cricket or any other cricket is not due to 101 conspiracy theories and complicated reasons. In Yuvis case many come up with the he is fat,not proffessional, bad attitude blah blah. Strange how those alleged faults dont stop him being top limited overs player. 99% of the time its nothing like that but simply that they are not good enough! Yuvi has not done that business in tests cos he is just not good enough. As evidenced by his poor technique against spin! Stop with the BS theories. People can fail cos their just not good enough and not all the crazy theories!