Credit to Dhoni?

kabira

I think everyone does make mistake. But Dhoni does tend to make some decisions which are always out of the box and which tend to attract a lot of debating. Sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. But atleast he doesn't go by the straightjacketed norms of captaincy and IMO this is what makes him a good leader.
So if I go and open with Zaheer Khan and Bhajji tomorrow, would I be hailed as a good captian too? There's a thin line between thinking out of the box and just making bizzare choices. Sometimes you got to stick with those so called 'straightjacketed norms' aka common sense. Hope you get my point.
So if I go and open with Zaheer Khan and Bhajji tomorrow, would I be hailed as a good captian too? There's a thin line between thinking out of the box and just making bizzare choices. Sometimes you got to stick with those so called 'straightjacketed norms' aka common sense. Hope you get my point.
I do get your point sir,but I think you did not take mines in the right way. I know there's a fine line b/w the 2. But as long as you don't try out certain things,specially when things are not in your favour,then the common sense would not prevail. And I am not suggesting that sending Zak and Bhaj for opening would be a great piece of captaincy and it isn't at all. But occasionally captains round the world have tried out things and its just not Dhoni. Martin Crowe's usage of Min Patel in 1992 WC,making RD to keep wickets by our own SG. Giving the last over to Sachin in the Hero Cup semi-final or sending Kaluwithrana for opening in 1996 WC. And even in the test arena sending someone like Sehwag/Watson for opening. These are not your typical common sense choices. Specially sending Sehwag to open in a seaming track in England. Frankly tell me did you expect him to score and did you actually like dada's decision when you saw Sehwag coming to open the batting specially when one knows that he does not have any experience of opening the batting at any level? I am not supporting Dhoni's decisions,he does make some crazy one's at that. But he has a heart to try them out which is what I said.
I do get your point sir,but I think you did not take mines in the right way. I know there's a fine line b/w the 2. But as long as you don't try out certain things,specially when things are not in your favour,then the common sense would not prevail. And I am not suggesting that sending Zak and Bhaj for opening would be a great piece of captaincy and it isn't at all. But occasionally captains round the world have tried out things and its just not Dhoni. Martin Crowe's usage of Min Patel in 1992 WC,making RD to keep wickets by our own SG. Giving the last over to Sachin in the Hero Cup semi-final or sending Kaluwithrana for opening in 1996 WC. And even in the test arena sending someone like Sehwag/Watson for opening. These are not your typical common sense choices. Specially sending Sehwag to open in a seaming track in England. Frankly tell me did you expect him to score and did you actually like dada's decision when you saw Sehwag coming to open the batting specially when one knows that he does not have any experience of opening the batting at any level? I am not supporting Dhoni's decisions,he does make some crazy one's at that. But he has a heart to try them out which is what I said.
Fair enough, point taken.:king: But to add what I'm talking about is, say, like dada's decision to bat first in the wcup finals may be debated. But that's still debatable, there's some sense to it. Whereas I can understand if Dhoni does such debatable decisions, like delaying the new ball for too long (though I didn't think it was a smart move at all) is debatable. But ones like bowling Ashwin in super over makes no sense whatsoever. That's why I said he's made some crazy ass decisions, some are bound to work. Agree, give credits where its due, but I won't consider it 'superb captiancy', that's all.

hilarious comment on rediff

You probably meant : Sachin to setup the Platform, and Laxman to finish the match I have a better one.. We have: 1. Sachin to setup the platform 2. Dhobi to almost break down that platform( by dropping catches, missing stumpings & contributing under 5 runs) 3. Laxman to somehow stand on whatever remains of the platform & finish off the match by a whisker. Thats how we make Test matches interesting
I always felt Dhoni is very lucky. Nothing taking away from him. But I cant understand how he keeps his lucky charm going,and I certainly dont mind that. I would never ever ever mind if he leads India to wins after wins with his luck.
LOL how is he lucky, havent won a toss this year. :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: