What is Dhoni's contribution to the team?

nballa

Show me one post where i have mentioned such thing. And i dont need to wake up' date= you should actually. I have not brought Ganguly in any discussion, what i said is past captains did beter or similar to what Dhoni did. Now Past captains do include AK, SG and RD. It was you who was calling us Dada fan etc etc. I dont need to be a Dravid fan to call him our best plyaer from 2002-2006. I dont need to a Tendulkar fan to call him the greatest in the world. I dont need to be an AK fan to call him our best ever bowler. So You should stop categorsing Indian Cricket fans as Fan boys and argue on the basis of facts if you have any. If you dont have, calling others fan boys just make you look amateurish in the middle of a discussion.
Relax boy! Here is what you have said in many of your posts: "Watson in Place of Hayden, Paine in place of Gilchrst, Hilfenhaus in place of Mcgrath and the list goes on" "NZ team was always Hapless bruv" "More of Home Tigers which we were before" "How much have Dhoni won away from Asia? Well only Hapless NZ. We can talk about how great he is once he plays SA, AUS,ENG away. Talking about the Tours in SL, SA, AUS. The team we played in SL was much more superior to what we played now" "And dont Compare 20-20 WC win with the 2003 WC finals. 2003 WC final ranks much"higher." Aah, who says you are not doing comparisons or belittling the achievemtns!! Also, I never called you a blind fan or anything. All I said was " are you guys dada fans?. With no ill intentions. A simple answer would have been "No. We aren't" But you went ahead and called me a blind dhoni fan or a fanboy. See who is getting his knickiers in a twist.
Relax boy! Here is what you have said in many of your posts: "Watson in Place of Hayden, Paine in place of Gilchrst, Hilfenhaus in place of Mcgrath and the list goes on" "NZ team was always Hapless bruv" "More of Home Tigers which we were before" "How much have Dhoni won away from Asia? Well only Hapless NZ. We can talk about how great he is once he plays SA, AUS,ENG away. Talking about the Tours in SL, SA, AUS. The team we played in SL was much more superior to what we played now" "And dont Compare 20-20 WC win with the 2003 WC finals. 2003 WC final ranks much"higher." Aah, who says you are not doing comparisons or belittling the achievemtns!!
And who did i reply this? What was his post? Care to qoute? Either you are Ignorant or you are acting smart. Talking about 50 over version ranking higher than 20-20 is My opinion and perhaps opinion of most of the people of ICF. Though we cant conclude this But a 'Poll' will surely help it.
Relax boy! Here is what you have said in many of your posts: "Watson in Place of Hayden, Paine in place of Gilchrst, Hilfenhaus in place of Mcgrath and the list goes on" "NZ team was always Hapless bruv" "More of Home Tigers which we were before" "How much have Dhoni won away from Asia? Well only Hapless NZ. We can talk about how great he is once he plays SA, AUS,ENG away. Talking about the Tours in SL, SA, AUS. The team we played in SL was much more superior to what we played now" "And dont Compare 20-20 WC win with the 2003 WC finals. 2003 WC final ranks much"higher." Aah, who says you are not doing comparisons or belittling the achievemtns!! Also, I never called you a blind fan or anything. All I said was " are you guys dada fans?. With no ill intentions. A simple answer would have been "No. We aren't" But you went ahead and called me a blind dhoni fan or a fanboy. See who is getting his knickiers in a twist.
Way to take posts out of context, well done dude.

The good thing is his slump in batting form has not significantly affected his captaincy. He still has sharp instincts like promoting Pujara in last test against Aus. His keeping is more or less steady but India really need his batting to click sooner than later. Hope Kirsten is talking to Dhoni and making him get serious net practice. He should not take his place for granted.

The good thing is his slump in batting form has not significantly affected his captaincy. He still has sharp instincts like promoting Pujara in last test against Aus. His keeping is more or less steady but India really need his batting to click sooner than later. Hope Kirsten is talking to Dhoni and making him get serious net practice. He should not take his place for granted.
Dhoni is the man!!!! Leave him alone. He will be fine.
What's captaincy got to do with performance? It'd have been a smart move if he had Che in for this match IMO.

Dhoni's value to the test team

:hail: Anybody who lived through the 90s era of Indian cricket that was mostly marred by one spineless capitulation after another will understand this feeling the best. The number of test matches that we have either managed to a)draw despite being in precarious situations or b) win despite massive obstacles, is simply staggering. Right from the Lords test of 2007, where the last wicket hung for dear life to eek out a draw, to this test, when most other teams would have simply thrown in their towel at 65/6, this Indian team emerging as one of the most rugged units out there. Three cheers to the mentally toughest team in international cricket! :hail:
++ good post. laxman and bhajji have always been tough as nails. In my humble opinion, the biggest positive change in indian cricket has been noticed since the arrival of dhoni . Lot of credit should go to him.
++ good post. laxman and bhajji have always been tough as nails. In my humble opinion, the biggest positive change in indian cricket has been noticed since the arrival of dhoni . Lot of credit should go to him.
Dhoni doesnt have anythign to do with the rise of our test team. It is Sehwag and Laxman MAINLY along with great legends liek Tendulkar and Dravid and good opening support in the form of gambhir and the combo of harby and zaheer.