UEFA EURO 2000 Highlights

Rajiv

Re: UEFA EURO 2000 Highlights

It's the greatest football tournament ever played. PM me Rajeev
Are you serious?! :huh: ... only 3 decent memories: 1. The Spain v Yugoslavia thriller 2. England knocked out early 3. The last gasp robbery in the final Euro 2004 was better, I mean Greece winning it? It's genuinely the equivalent of Bangladesh winning the Cricket World Cup, no exaggeration... World Cup 1998 and 1990 were better... Euro '96 was better... There were probably even better tournaments from before my time...

England-Portugal was a great game. England were 2-0 IIRC and lost 3-2.
Actually, yeah, that was ace. I had a major exam the next day, but thought 'f**k it' (was about 18 at the time), sat down with a Pizza, England were 2-0 up in about 10 mins, Figo scored a stunner of a goal, but didn't celebrate as they were still 2-1 down, they equalised before half-time, then scored what turned out to be the winner early in the 2nd half. Portugal have OWNED England in Major tournaments this decade...

Re: UEFA EURO 2000 Highlights Portugal know how to get under England's skin. Ronaldo, Nuno Gomes and Figo are good at this. This was the game after which Beckham showed some fan his middle finger. The next Euro Cup was even worse for England. 1-0 up against France till the 89th minute and out of nowhere the legend that was Zidane banged in 2 in 2 and it was GAME OVER.

Re: UEFA EURO 2000 Highlights I remember Euro 2000 quite well. Good final...I was backing Italy all the way so was annoyed. There was a spain v France semi which was good. france were great that tourno...all their key players were fit and in good form

The next Euro Cup was even worse for England. 1-0 up against France till the 89th minute and out of nowhere the legend that was Zidane banged in 2 in 2 and it was GAME OVER.
Now THAT was class! I ran into the street celebrating as if I was French when the free-kick went in, and was so nervous for the penalty!...

Re: UEFA EURO 2000 Highlights I was sitting right at the front in the Uni Guild, full of England supporters, watching it on the big screen. After Z's 2nd goal, I couldn't supress my glee and jumped in the air and shouted "YES!!!!". It took me 5 seconds to realise what a suicidal thing I had done. I turned around and got the f@ck out of there as quickly as I could.

I was sitting right at the front in the Uni Guild' date=' full of England supporters, watching it on the big screen. After Z's 2nd goal, I couldn't supress my glee and jumped in the air and shouted "YES!!!!". It took me 5 seconds to realise what a suicidal thing I had done. I turned around and got the f@ck out of there as quickly as I could.[/quote'] My best friend went one better. He watched the England/Portugal Quarter final of the same tourny in a bar. After a long night, Portugal eventually won on penalties, and he shouted his delight. He had to run as people started trying to glass him. He was running for his life in B'ham City Centre at around 10-11pm!...