Zaheer returns and Raina rested for remaining New Zealand ODIs

Sachin=GOD

25.50 vs 42.33. You do the math. As for wicket keeping :giggle:
what are these numbers, their ODI average ?? Let me put it in better words Patel is much better than Saha as a No.7 batsman to score runs and score them quick. And he is a decent keeper now, atleast now Though, I would like to have seen Dinesh Karthik for both tests and ODIs as a reserve keeper. He is much better MO batsman than when forced to open the batting.

Yes, Im surprised Zak has not gone to SA too (or is not going) with the rest. But since theyre not playing any warm up games there (bizarrely) i guess it makes sense to give him competitive match practice prior to the tour beginning even if it is an ODI Dissapointing that GG is still there and Vijay too they should have gone to SA. Both could work on technique in SA with Kirsten surely thatd be better in case; particularly if Vijay is needed in the series. Dont think Gambhir has been to Saf has he? Its strange that Dhawan does not get picked after just one ODI to prove himself or not as the case maybe. Nehra has been Indias best ODI pacer so his spot can not be debated really. Irfan is injured and hasnt played for Baroda even this season I think... If im not mistaken for the last ODI Vinay Kumar a medium pacer is replaced by Rohit a batsman?? Hmm.

Getting back to cricket and Zaheer let us hope he works his ass off and goes all out in the 3 ODI's to give a clear indication of where he is at. If there is still a niggle or if there is any spec of a doubt that his body cannot last the rigors of the 5 days of a Test it is better to replace him with Munaf Patel and send him to SA instead. No point in going by reputations when the players are injured or not fit. It is good to make that determination now and have a full set of fit players before the captain come the first Test in SA. In case ZK cannot bowl a lot of overs then it is better India go with SS/IS/Munaf combination for Tests in SA which is not a bad trio that are all healthy.

what are these numbers, their ODI average ?? Let me put it in better words Patel is much better than Saha as a No.7 batsman to score runs and score them quick. And he is a decent keeper now, atleast now Though, I would like to have seen Dinesh Karthik for both tests and ODIs as a reserve keeper. He is much better MO batsman than when forced to open the batting.
List A stats. And PaPa's s/r in List A is 78.77 & t20's 107.52 against Saha's 79.43 vs 132.65 :hmmm:
WHy are they not testing Irfan at all.
agree.atleast give him a chance' date='if he comes good can be a good no.7[/quote'] From Cricinfo: The case of the missing allrounder Irfan Pathan has been conspicuous by his absence this season. The allrounder was supposed to miss the first two games as he was undergoing rehabilitation at the National Cricket Academy for a persistent back injury. Four games into the season, the injury still persists, and the rehabilitation continues. Narula wants his key player back, and quickly. "I thought he would be resuming practice this week, but he has still not started bowling. He is under the NCA physio at the moment. I am hoping he comes back before the knockouts. We are a very young side, and would need him if we go through to the knockout stage." Baroda have managed quite well without Irfan so far, winning two out of four games with bonus points and drawing another.
Yes, Im surprised Zak has not gone to SA too (or is not going) with the rest. But since theyre not playing any warm up games there (bizarrely) i guess it makes sense to give him competitive match practice prior to the tour beginning even if it is an ODI
This is what Zaheer has said:
Excited about Joining team INDIA in vadodara today!! Miss being away from cricket ....
Thanks for the concern guys but I feel playing these odi's will help me stay match fit for the season. ahead ...
So Zaheer thinks ODIs will give him match fitness and he clearly values that more than acclimatisation!