Its decided , South >> North

Desi Cartman

Its decided , South >> North  

1. 1.

I thought I'd mention this here. Some time last year, me and a friend had gone to see Enirdhan (spelling) at Aurora theatre for the whole experience of watching a Rajni movie in the right atmosphere. For those who don't know Aurora is the only theatre screening Tamil movies in Mumbai. Understandably, it is the Mecca of the Tamilian population in Mumbai. So we reach the theatre, and suddenly a kid comes running out of nowhere and starts banging on the window of my car. So I ask him what he wants, and he says " Do you want wallet?" . I refuse saying I already have a purse. Later I realize, he was a valet. Anyways, so go to this movie and since neither of us speak Tamil, we have to rely on the subtitles. During the interval, the guy next to us asks us if we speak Tamil. When we replied in the negative, he says that this is the best movie ever. And that it was the 18th time that he was seeing it at Aurora. The movie as you can imagine, was pure nonsense. No entertainment. No fun. Just dumb Rajnisms. I asked him, what he does, and he said that he is a senior engineer or something important sounding. If educated, seemingly well off Tamilians can watch this utter tripe 18 times, then there is something seriously wrong with them. I think the Rajni effect totally offsets whatever they have achieved in the fields of maths, science and idli. So North >>>> South

:laugh: It is not like bollywood is any better.
Bollywood is much better. At least in the case of Bollywood flicks, people don't watch it because of a single hero. People don't repeatedly watch Sholay for Amitabh. They do it because they like the film. But tomorrow, if Rajni's new release shows him painting a wall for 3 hours and in the end he says " Mind it" people will still hoot and watch it again 20 times. Rajni has laid waste to an otherwise smart and productive society.

Ghajini is highest or 2nd highestt grossing movie? :hehe:
So? That could be because of revenue earned from sale of distribution rights, music rights etc etc etc. I don't know anyone who has seen Ghajini in the cinema hall more than twice. Not even comparable to the Rajni stuff. Besides, isn't Ghajini a copy of a South movie? :P

So? That could be because of revenue earned from sale of distribution rights, music rights etc etc etc. I don't know anyone who has seen Ghajini in the cinema hall more than twice. Not even comparable to the Rajni stuff. Besides, isn't Ghajini a copy of a South movie? :P
Firstly, how is Bollywood =North? Compare maybe Bhojpuri movies with any other Southie moives. :orderorder:

Firstly, how is Bollywood =North? Compare maybe Bhojpuri movies with any other Southie moives. :orderorder:
Never did I mention Bollywood = north. I was talking about the profound influence that Rajniism has on contemporary Tamil culture. Its impact is so strong, that even educated people watch that nonsense in the halls at an average of 20 times in a month. This phenomenon is absent in among other linguistic groups of the country. Hence Tamil Nadu drags down the rest of South India's overall score. So North >> South

Never did I mention Bollywood = north. I was talking about the profound influence that Rajniism has on contemporary Tamil culture. Its impact is so strong, that even educated people watch that nonsense in the halls at an average of 20 times in a month. This phenomenon is absent in among other linguistic groups of the country. Hence Tamil Nadu drags down the rest of South India's overall score. So North >> South
These days its more like that....You could take credit for giving northies a place to work..:winky: