Ganguly UNSOLD at the IPL!

Jersey #10

by the way' date=' more than his performance, he is not picked because of his egoistic nature which can be a big problem for a franchise...he can easily have problems with coach especially if the coach is an ozziee[/quote'] Then Do not have a Coach who is an Ozzie, India have never done well under an Aussie Coach. With the Aussie Coaches in Action you need the Leaders to take the Back seat which is impossible for most of the Indian Leaders, Not Just Ganguly to be Sucesful.

No IPL team possible in Kolkata without Sourav Ganguly: Shah Rukh

DURBAN: Kolkata Knight Riders' owner and Bollywood icon Shah Rukh Khan on Monday said he would try and find a role for Sourav Ganguly in his IPL team after the former India skipper remained unsold. Ganguly, who led KKR in the last edition, was left red-faced as none of the 10 franchisees showed interest in buying him at the two-day auction in Bangalore. "I would love it, I would love Sourav to be an integral part. You don't have a team in Kolkata without him. So, I will speak to Dada when I get back," Shah Rukh said. The fans of Ganguly on Sunday burnt Khan's effigies in Kolkata protesting his exclusion from the team. Shah Rukh refused to speak on why other teams ignored the former India captain. "I don't think I should be commenting on the nine other people. There are 350 to 400 players. There are 10 teams with think-tanks varying in hundred of numbers, the permutations and combinations. I don't think any of us can comment really on who should pick who? I don't think we have the right to do that. "Auction is actually a chance like. It is very difficult to be completely confirmed on what you do in the auction. So things go wrong, kind of money you have, which players come first, so lots of decisions have to be made," he said.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/iplarticleshow/7251221.cms

Q: What did the team owners say when they saw Gangz on the auction list ? A: daddu tum! :aetsch: Its the IPL tamasha of all things, get used to ups and downs of the values of players. Further, brand Ganguly comes with a baggage of its own .. i reckon team owners did not want him as just another player. He surely deserved half a million or something, but w/e.

All IPL franchises :finger::finger::finger::finger: for picking players like VVS' date=' Dravid, Venugopal Rao etc and ignoring Dada.[/quote']Why? How about your Dada sucks. Also do you have any money on you. Talk is cheap. People who have money and own these teams bought players who they thought would be best for them. If you have any problems with it then too bad.

Why? How about your Dada sucks. Also do you have any money on you. Talk is cheap. People who have money and own these teams bought players who they thought would be best for them. If you have any problems with it then too bad.
How about You STFU? Everyone You Dislike Doesnt Mean That 'Sucks'.

I have a question for those who say Ganguly was given a raw deal by KKR. How long is KKR obligated to pick him? How many years? Let's say he makes himself available against in the next auction after having played again at around 110 SR with the team again doing badly, are they obligated to keep picking him?

^ And why is just KKR being targeted? I am no fan of Shah Rukh Khan, but the guy has got a franchise and team to run. The team was the butt of all jokes for the last three years, delivered an abysmal performance and it's quite understandable for him to break away from the traditional core which led to such a poor performance and try a different strategy. What about the other 9 franchises who did not bid for him?

^ And why is just KKR being targeted? I am no fan of Shah Rukh Khan, but the guy has got a franchise and team to run. The team was the butt of all jokes for the last three years, delivered an abysmal performance and it's quite understandable for him to break away from the traditional core which led to such a poor performance and try a different strategy. What about the other 9 franchises who did not bid for him?
I think Kolkatta fans are pissed off that he won't be playing for them. Ofc they are even more pissed off that he won't be playing anywhere, but seems like they wanted KKR to bring him back mainly cause they want to see him play at kolkatta. It is same as Yuvi fans being pissed off that Zinta and co. didn't do enough to keep him home. Me thinks it is more hero worship than anything else. I do like the idea of local players with their home town teams, but I mean this is business and people need to learn to move on.

I think Kolkatta fans are pissed off that he won't be playing for them. Ofc they are even more pissed off that he won't be playing anywhere, but seems like they wanted KKR to bring him back mainly cause they want to see him play at kolkatta. It is same as Yuvi fans being pissed off that Zinta and co. didn't do enough to keep him home. Me thinks it is more hero worship than anything else. I do like the idea of local players with their home town teams, but I mean this is business and people need to learn to move on.
At the end of the day , IPL is pure business. If KKR fans are so upset , let them show it by not going to any matches . This will automatically decrease gate revenues which is will hugely affect the bottomline for KKR. Then , they will be forced to reconsider their decision.

At the end of the day ' date=' IPL is pure business. If KKR fans are so upset , let them show it by not going to any matches . This will automatically decrease gate revenues which is will hugely affect the bottomline for KKR. Then , they will be forced to reconsider their decision.[/quote'] They have the option of moving the franchise to a different city. What will kolkatta fans do after 5 years? They don't have anyone in the National team from their region who is playing for India. Do they even care if a team plays there if no famous local boy is in their team?

NO dada = NO KKR SRK can take his beloved team(remove the word 'kolkata') w/ overpaid cow lashers to some other city in Maharashtra or move it to his favorite country Pakistan and play in the PPL ....no one gives a damn Eden Gardens would be empty mark my words.... Sourav Ganguly is not just an icon but a symbol of success for Kolkata and Bengal ...