Are urban Indians becoming excessively stupid?

Mariyam

^^^ I'm not upto date on current events/ global issues. Generally I'm more into reading matters of vital national importance like Bolly related news, Sudoku, comic strips, horoscope, weather and traffic updates. Even then, from the top of my head: 1) Ananda Tur: Was gifted a collection of his stories. Boring as hell stuff. 2) Ploenchiniputri ( spelling?): She is a famous dancer, and has danced in the background in many Bolly movies too. Does solo dances also. The ones who are involved with SDIPA will know about her. She teaches there. Or at least used to teach the advanced batches some years ago. 3) Couple of Islamic scholars, from that region. But I'm not sure if they were from what is today Malaysia or Indonesia. More than the non football Brazilians I know :winky:
Eventually you could bring one correct Indonesian name out of population of 23 crore. Though you gave another name "Ploenchiniputri", but on googling this name, you just find one result (quite unique. Isn't it ??) and you can guess what that result would be. Couple of Islamic Scholars ??? :cantstop::cantstop: well you have just proven that Indonesian are as LOW IQ as Brazilian are. So there must be some other common factor and which is definitely not Football. :cantstop::cantstop:

Raghav, the reason you didn't find her on Google is because I got her spelling wrong. Taxonomy of classical Indonesian dancers is not my specialty. Her name is Ploenchit or something sounding like that and ends with Putri. She's been on the Shiamak Davar troupe for ages now. She takes (or used to take classes) for the advanced batches here in Mumbai. Go ask some of your friends if they are a part of SDIPA. They should know. And, your point is counter productive. I could name 2 people from Indonesia (non football). Apart from Late Cut, I don't know any non football Brazilians. Thats a difference of 100%. Hence proving my hypothesis that football destroys the social fabric of a nation.

Raghav, the reason you didn't find her on Google is because I got her spelling wrong. Taxonomy of classical Indonesian dancers is not my specialty. Her name is Ploenchit or something sounding like that and ends with Putri. She's been on the Shiamak Davar troupe for ages now. She takes (or used to take classes) for the advanced batches here in Mumbai. Go ask some of your friends if they are a part of SDIPA. They should know. And, your point is counter productive. I could name 2 people from Indonesia (non football). Apart from Late Cut, I don't know any non football Brazilians. Thats a difference of 100%. Hence proving my hypothesis that football destroys the social fabric of a nation.
Rubens Barichello Felipe Massa Nelson Piquet Jr and the God of all His Holyness Ayrton Senna

Rubens Barichello Felipe Massa Nelson Piquet Jr and the God of all His Holyness Ayrton Senna
Mariyam, see people could easily name famous non-footballer Brazilians and all of those are more famous then the person for whom google gives just one search result :-) ( Even my name gives much more search results then that). Okay, even if don't nit-pick, I can say list of famous non-footballer Brazilian is more impressive than list of famous Indonesians which you produced and includes famous personalities like "two islamic scholars" :-). I am not against your theory, I just say based on the data available, both soccer and badminton bring down general level of intelligence in population.

I can't name any Sri Lankans except cricketers :sniffle: and a non-profit organisation called LTTE, but cant name any individuals
There are no Sri Lankan cricketers. Only cree-kut-ers. ( courtesy Ranjit Fernando) Ravaan comes to mind. Jacquiline Fernandez & Prabhakaran also.

I can't name any Sri Lankans except cricketers :sniffle: and a non-profit organisation called LTTE, but cant name any individuals
Sri Lanka's population is 20 million (while Brazil and Indonesia are 200 millions), so there is no probelm with SL's social fabric, even if you don't know anybody other than cricketers..:winky:

I am not against your theory, I just say based on the data available, both soccer and badminton brings down general level of intelligence in population.
I agree with this. And it's worse for Indonesia because Badminton afflicts women much more than Football, so even their female gender is becoming more and more prone to stupidity. What's more the beauty evolution driven by Football in Brazil is missing as well.

I agree with this. And it's worse for Indonesia because Badminton afflicts women much more than Football' date=' so even their female gender is becoming more and more prone to stupidity. What's more the beauty evolution driven by Football in Brazil is missing as well.[/quote'] Yes, Badminton is worse that Football. Football brings stupidity to 50% while beauty to rest 50%. Badminton brings stupidity to whole 100% :haha:

Sri Lanka's population is 20 million (while Brazil and Indonesia are 200 millions)' date=' so there is no probelm with SL's social fabric, even if you don't know anybody other than cricketers..:winky:[/quote'] I can't name any chinese either except bruce lee, jackie chan and general tso :nervous:

I can't name any chinese either except bruce lee' date=' jackie chan and general tso :nervous:[/quote'] You must be an urban indian who follows football. :hatsoff: Mao, The ShaolinTemple Monks, The Chinese Food Delivery Guys, Yao Ming, the peeps who made any of your Apple components, the guilty party in a car accident...

being a sports fan is pathetic. first of all you are not out there playing and secondly you dont have any bragging rights over 'my team is better than your team'. if you really like a sport go play it don't just be a fat blob and act all high and mighty just because 'your team' is doing well. this goes out to all posters here excluding myself. all of you are fat or unfit or both.