India batting, not bowling, is going to sink the team this WC

What an embarrassing retreat! I have seen people flip-flop between positions before, but never seen that happen in the same thread! You’re now making it sound as though you called Sachin a stat-hound in a positive sense - Like he goes for records only because the more he scores, the better it is for India and that his aspiration for numbers is only a by-product of his intent to win games for India.
What retreat? What flip flop? For something to qualify as a flip flopping position someone has to go back on what they have originally stated which I have not done not by a long shot. Anyhow that is your interpretation of things which you are entitled to.
But that is simply not what you said here;
As good a player as he is the man likes his records. So rest assured he will never rest as long as he is fit. Take that out of the equation.
The obvious insinuation here is that Sachin is SOLELY driven by records and that the only reason why he continues to play is so that he can accumulate statistical milestones. There’s no reference of ‘team interests’ or ‘contribution to the team’ or any smoke-screen of that sort. Nor is there a comical reasoning that even Sachin will be happy to admit that he plays the game ALSO for numbers, like as though he has even said anything that would even remotely suggest anything along those lines.
I can easily see folks drawing that conclusion. I agree to that. But I cannot help it. If you see the very first post I responded to on this thread someone explicitly raised a concern about SRT being rested for the lesser games in the WC to which I said what I said if he is fit basically quelling those apprehensions.
Next time, If you’re going to be critical about someone, at be consistent with your critique, instead of beating such a hasty retreat.
I do not believe that to be the case here. I have not wavered on what I originally said excepting respond to some twisting of statements by the usual suspects while interpreting 'Like for records' being the same as 'play for records only'.
I hate to break it you my dear Sir, the ‘Sachin fanboys’ (I am proud to say I am one of them) are not going to wavered from their admiration of their ‘God’ by some crazy, unfounded allegations. If anything, such allegations bring a smile on our faces. .
No problems there. To each his own.
The only reason I even responded to your post was not because I ‘got testy at the very mention of something that is not to my liking about my GOD’, but because I am amazed that someone, ANYONE, can hold such an opinion of a cricketer, who is arguably the crown jewel of India’s sporting icons. If you don’t know that Sachin Tendulkar is India’s most committed cricketer who has given more for his country and team than most other sportspersons put together, then you don’t know anything
Again it is matter of what exactly does it for whom. Certainly Tendulkar along with the likes of Kapil, Kumble, Vishy, Dravid, Laxman to name a few in cricket for India did hell of a lot over the years to put a smile on the fans faces with their deeds. I do not like to hero worship and put one over the other but again if someone thinks that Sachin is god to them it is their problem as long as they do not cry foul over every little thing said about Tendukar or for that matter any other player. After all no player is above the game and they all will be analyzed and critiqued by fans from time to time as they see deem fit. Fair enough.
I hate to break it you my dear Sir' date=' the ‘Sachin fanboys’ ([b']I am proud to say I am one of them) are not going to wavered from their admiration of their ‘God’ by some crazy, unfounded allegations. If anything, such allegations bring a smile on our faces.
That's the way to go. BTW, I'm one among them as well :--D
Again it is matter of what exactly does it for whom. Certainly Tendulkar along with the likes of Kapil, Kumble, Vishy, Dravid, Laxman to name a few in cricket for India did hell of a lot over the years to put a smile on the fans faces with their deeds. I do not like to hero worship and put one over the other but again if someone thinks that Sachin is god to them it is their problem as long as they do not cry foul over every little thing said about Tendukar or for that matter any other player. After all no player is above the game and they all will be analyzed and critiqued by fans from time to time as they see deem fit. Fair enough.
You don’t seem to understand the difference between ‘criticism’ and ‘allegation’. Sachin is a poor captain – criticism. Sachin’s batting has, on occasions in the past, baulked under pressure – criticism. Sachin is a selfish player who plays only for numbers – ALLEGATION. See the difference? You can come out and say whatever you want about a player in the name of ‘to each his own’ and then not expect to be called out for it. I don’t particularly like Ricky Ponting, but that does not mean I call him a ‘selfish player who has been destructive within the team..’ Who knows, Ponting might have well been so, but as long I cannot prove it, I cannot say so. Same thing holds for you. If you’re going to make a serious allegation like that, you better be prepared to back your statement with proof. What makes you think the only reason why Sachin is still playing is statistical milestones? What have you seen so far, that has made you feel so?