Varun Aaron: Future of Indian pace attack ?

sid316

My point was that when Irfan emerged as a teenager he was much quicker and as time went on his speed actually reduced rather than increasing. The same trend has continued with other bowlers such as Ishant, Zaheer, Nehra and Munaf. - During 2003 world cup game against Eng, Nehra was clocked around 149-150 kph! - Ishant was consistently reaching speeds up to 145 kph in the series against Aus in Aus. - Munaf went from low to mid 140s to 120s. - In his early days Zaheer used to hit 140s regularly and now his best is mid 130s. - Both RP Singh and Sreesanth hit 140s in T20 world cup in 2007 and soon after that RP Singh dropped to late 120s to early 130s and now Sreesanth rarely hits 140s There is clearly something wrong with this picture and I hope our board and cricket academies to identify and fix the problem.
Its all about too much advise and coaching and work overload when these guys play international cricket..
Let's give him some time. Our history is littered with unfulfilled talents who start with a bang and then taper off - RP Singh, Balaji, Irfan Pathan. Even Ishant Sharma is heading the same way at the moment. Plus we have already seen that after a few games our pacers tend to lose pace. I saw Irfan bowl 140+ when he came in and then became a 120 kph trundler. Even Zaheer, Sreesanth, RP and Nehra used to clock upwards of 140 kph when they came in to the indian team and after some time they dropped their pace to 120-135 range. Munaf is the classic example. In his first series against Eng, he was clocking 140+ and looked genuinely hostile. Now he's just a 120-130 kph trundler. And as for other false hopes such as VRV Singh, Pankaj Singh, Jaidev Unadkat, Sudeep Tyagi the less said the better. Best thing is to let the players develop without hyping them too much or without putting too much pressure on them. India's problem in recent years hasn't been that they were not able to find good fast bowlers. The problem has been that we ( I mean our board/BCCI) hasn't been able to nurture the talent and develop the bowlers. The players who have succeeded such as Zaheer, Sreesanth or Nehra (to some extent) have done inspite of the system.
Dont count Sudeep Tyagi out..he has not been given much chances..this selection committee has been rubbish giving chances to likes of Nehara and Munaf. Tyagi has one of the best average and strike rate in current ranji season..bowled with good pace..and Unadkat is still young just 19...give him some time to develop..he was picked too early... After this WC, selectors need to give chances the likes of Tyagi, Yadav, Aaron, Nechim along with ZAK who can groom these bowlers into good performers over time
Ishant was clocking high 140s in OZ 2007-08' date=' wasn't he :dontknow:[/quote'] not on dead Indian pitches..IN Australia Tait clocked 160..In India, he is bowling not more than 148...that is the difference..Aaron bowled 153 in India..amazing
Ha. We are not dropping our most in form fast bowler for someone who is bowling fast and doing okay in Indian domestic cricket.
most in form bowl smashed for six by no. 10 in last over...no once expect this from a strike in form bowler in a crunch situation..MUnaf is rubbish nothing more than that..the most predictable bowler
most in form bowl smashed for six by no. 10 in last over...no once expect this from a strike in form bowler in a crunch situation..MUnaf is rubbish nothing more than that..the most predictable bowler
what rubbish logic is that? Bhajji has hit sixes to almost all good fast bowlers including Steyn. Does that mean all of them are crap? It is one thing to get excited about pace but that doesn't mean that it the ONLY thing. Let this guy take some wickets and then we'll talk about him and will start rubbishing all other line and length bowlers.
what rubbish logic is that? Bhajji has hit sixes to almost all good fast bowlers including Steyn. Does that mean all of them are crap? It is one thing to get excited about pace but that doesn't mean that it the ONLY thing. Let this guy take some wickets and then we'll talk about him and will start rubbishing all other line and length bowlers.
He is rubbish because he is predictable..and he will always be a rubbish bowler for me whether he takes wickets or not...he does not use his brain..bowling half volley to a tailender....he tries to emulate McGrath but he doesn't know how McGrath was a thinking bowler, though was not pacy but used to bowl with all his efforts..I am not excited about pace only..I like PK because he is a smart cricketer though he is slow he still would have won that match for India
not on dead Indian pitches..IN Australia Tait clocked 160..In India' date=' he is bowling not more than 148...that is the difference..Aaron bowled 153 in India..amazing[/quote'] Speed Guns are the problem mate.Also have you noticed he has a good seam position
My point was that when Irfan emerged as a teenager he was much quicker and as time went on his speed actually reduced rather than increasing. The same trend has continued with other bowlers such as Ishant, Zaheer, Nehra and Munaf. - During 2003 world cup game against Eng, Nehra was clocked around 149-150 kph! - Ishant was consistently reaching speeds up to 145 kph in the series against Aus in Aus. - Munaf went from low to mid 140s to 120s. - In his early days Zaheer used to hit 140s regularly and now his best is mid 130s. - Both RP Singh and Sreesanth hit 140s in T20 world cup in 2007 and soon after that RP Singh dropped to late 120s to early 130s and now Sreesanth rarely hits 140s There is clearly something wrong with this picture and I hope our board and cricket academies to identify and fix the problem.
I think you are completly wrong mate- 3-Munaf Against england bowled 140+ for a spell but was 130 in second spell and now is 125-140 km/h last match he clocked 138km/h 4-Zaheer Clocked 142 km/h last match 5-Sreesanth clocked 140+ in southafrica and 145km/h against australia in india

Current Fastest bowler in India Hi everyone , have you seen V Aaron , MAN he's bowling at over 145 regularly & in V.H. Final he bowled at 154.3 ............, he is a rare raw talent and immediately should taken care by experts . One should never ask him to slow down his pace .

Dada picked Dinesh Mongia over VVS for the 2003 WC. Maybe that cost us the 2003 WC given how well VVS does against the Aussies :--D
wat a player vvs was in one day matches, isnt? he was a part time bowler like mongia , oh forgot to mention his fielding and running btwn the wickets.:--D he was magnificient:hysterical:
He is rubbish because he is predictable..and he will always be a rubbish bowler for me whether he takes wickets or not...he does not use his brain..bowling half volley to a tailender....he tries to emulate McGrath but he doesn't know how McGrath was a thinking bowler' date=' though was not pacy but used to bowl with all his efforts..I am not excited about pace only..I like PK because he is a smart cricketer though he is slow he still would have won that match for India[/quote'] i would tend to disagree on this point. even though munaf is nowhere compared to mcgrath but he is much better than sreesanth and even PK at times, just because of the control and bounce he generates compared to those two. He is not that bad if you ask me these days 1) has improved his fitness 2) speed is not very slow these days, he has worked on it. 3) even when he is at the end of the spell he maintains some speed. The hit against him in the last match was a fluke, as he did not know anything about the batsman, i would credit him of bowling the last bowl and restricting the batsman to only 1.

Sree is our fastest bowler among the regular crop that plays. Umesh technically doesn't play much and I hope he can keep up to the pace, as we have seen Munaf, starting with a similar pace, becoming an absolute moped. Failed bowlers' watch list- 1. Abhimanyu Mithun: He was picked because Srikkanth said, he had "raw pace". He sure did. Of 138ks. 2. Sudeep Tyagi: Lucky CSKite. 3. Munaf Patel: What an epic fall from Pace! 4. RP Singh: Pretty decent in England & SA. But failed elsewhere. 5. Ashish Nehra: The fact that he's bowling is a big plus, given the road he's back from. 6. Balaji: Down with injury. Seemed to have got up, only to get lost in translation again. 7. Ajit Agarkar: Had a pretty neat pace. 8. Ishant Sharma, Irfan Pathan: Stuck down with the classical "let me reduce my pace" disease.