Varun Aaron: Future of Indian pace attack ?

sid316

Umesh Yadav looks better than this Aaron guy and Jaidev Undakat.. Age is meaningless for a fast bowler.. Irfan is an example.. looked sharp as a yougster and then lost his way in speed and line and lenght.. There might be some line and length issues with Yadav but he should be given chances...

i agree he is there' date=' but again he is way too much Up and Down the Radar, his effort balls have been as low as 124 and as high as 145, i havnt seen him cross 146 though, even in zimbabwe where i was hoping he would cross 145 regularly, he dint even touch it, " dampner" so with him you never know what speed to expect, maybe he has a flaw in his runup, sometimes he is running fast, sometimes slowing ambling his way, doesnt look rhythmic , hopefully he corrects the problem and be consistent with the Pace, because it's the pace by which he is " recognized to play for india" and not control :). so he should be testing the speed guns a lot!![/quote'] He is always quick in zim he was quick even in his last spell,Regarding variation in speed you are taking about that is due to incorrrect speed guns.
just noticed in IPL steyn was Dam fast .. average as 149K fastest being 153.9.. a shade faster than "varun"
he is a master of disguise .. can bowl at speeds from 135K to 150.. hugely smart guy
Bro, It is T20 ,Also The speed guns were being used in banglaore in ipl3,all bowlers bowled tehre fastest in bangalore and in other venues steyn and other bowlers did not touch 140km/h.
well i kinda disagree a bit.. see this for example
umesh to suman on a certain pitch 140K 2)
umesh to suman on a certain pitch.. and it was not a slow ball to me. 3)
umesh to rohit on a certain pitch. 4)
umesh to saha a short ball at 145K.. thats what i mean .. lot of difference. if those are slow balls thats fine.. but i doubt it.
Bro i can so the same about steyn to you.The speed guns used varied from ground to ground
well i kinda disagree a bit.. see this for example
umesh to suman on a certain pitch 140K 2)
umesh to suman on a certain pitch.. and it was not a slow ball to me. 3)
umesh to rohit on a certain pitch. 4)
umesh to saha a short ball at 145K.. thats what i mean .. lot of difference. if those are slow balls thats fine.. but i doubt it.
Bro i can say the same about steyn to you.The speed guns used varied from ground to ground,some measured speed from hand and some from when the ball hits the pitch. I have explained many times again- Example of different speed readings of praveen kumar in same match Channel nine-7ucvus4uiKE Star cricket-invesDWAgPw In channel nine he is 130-138km/h In espn he is 124-130km/h Also in the ashes series johnson was 130-145 in channel nine speed guns butn on skysports he was 140-152km/h you can watch on youtube

I think we are seeing someone special here...its good to say people like Abhimanyu Mithun too bowled in the 140's but fluffed when he came on to the International stage but the fact remains that Abhimanyu had hardly registered pace above 135 kph at the domestic level let alone 140. Even Ishant Sharma never got above the 138 mark before the tour of Australia. The only person you can really comopare to is Munaf...but we all know why Munaf turned out the way he did- overestimation in his ability to bowl and length. In that he seems to be an exception rather than the rule. Still to clock the 153 kph and bowl several deliveries over 145 kph in domestic cricket is unprecedented. Not suggesting that he should open the attack for India tomorrow but people have to admit what he is doing is pretty impressive. Like someone mentioned already the Atul Sharma episode has generated so much scepticism here that we are refusing to acknowledge what is plain from these video clippings.

btw Undakat looked dangerous moving the ball both ways...
Good to see...
When I last saw him play for India' date=' he looked like he needed to eat some food.[/quote'] Indeed. I know fast bowlers can be a variety of builds, but he is simply too skinny. A bulky fast bowler is not a good thing, as everyone knows, but I do not recall any fast bowler of prolonged international success as skinny as him.
that comparasion sums it all up .. if he can cross 147 where dinda is in early 130's ' date=' wonder what would he have been in Zimbabwe where dinda was around 140... wud he have been 156-157???????? i'm EAGERLY waiting to see what he does abroad... let him get into the India A sides first...[/quote'] That is not how it works. Perhaps Dinda was not 100% fit. Heck, in the IPL, his pace fluctuates a fair bit. To say he has bowled 130kph does not mean the speed guns are low. For a bowler like Dinda with inconsistent speed (which is obviously sourced from his very un-rhythmical action), you cannot make any comparisons with the speed gun. Also, in my humble opinion, the idea that a bowler with an action like his can bowl 156kph is absurd.
Really? i believe Its the same pitch where "if not steyn" Morkel & Tostobe were bowling right??? I think Morkel is also a Seam Bowler and he was moving the ball through Indian Batsman's PANTS.... Yes there is a need of Esclamation Marks BUDDY!!!!!!
@nsareen that was the kind of wicket where he needed to hit the deck hard at pace which unadkat and other indian bowlers didnt have. Dont forget we also have umesh yadav who bowls at 137-147 range.. he has not gotten much chances yet..
Agree with rkt.india. The point is that Unadkat can move the ball both ways, but does not on all surfaces - it is a simple concept to grasp.
Unadkat is swing bowler. It was his debut game, and even more exp bowlers did *****. Let Unadkat play some more A tours, Ranji games and see his progress. Remember he was our best bowler in U19 world up and impressed everyone.
He hardly cleaned up like Southee and Parnell (IIRC) did at the previous U19 World Cup though. He seemed to do okay, got dropped at one point, I believe. He needs to earn his A team spot through Ranji performances, he did not have a great Ranji season. He is living off that one performance against West Indies A on a greentop, atm.
well yes.. i would love to see UnadKat excel.. my best wishes are with him... but i disagree with the fact that he is still 19 so he can put in extra yards.. from my experience Indian Necomer Fast bowlers are fastest at their youngest' date=' eg: irfan, munaf,ishant etc. the list is long, thats one of the reasons. i fEAR he might go the same route and would not put those extra yards, Irfan at 19 was bowling 135+ regularly crossed 140, even on indian pitches was close to 135-140 range, which is respectable for a swing or a Seam Bowler.[/quote'] Agree with the broad point.
Even steyn doesnt bowl 145 all the time..a bowler dont need to put full effort on every ball...
It would seem all the genuine quicks bar Steyn do though. Brett Lee and Akhtar tended to go 90% full tilt or 100% full tilt on every ball and someone like Tait goes full tilt on every ball. Steyn often seems to amble in and be happy to put the ball in at 130kph and try to swing it when conditions dictate. He is then able to suddenly throw in the 145kph quicker ball. I've often speculated why more bowlers do not vary their pace like Steyn does and I'm sure it was something done in the 1970s and 1980s more-so than now but he does do it to superb effect.
Good to see... That is not how it works. Perhaps Dinda was not 100% fit. Heck, in the IPL, his pace fluctuates a fair bit. To say he has bowled 130kph does not mean the speed guns are low. For a bowler like Dinda with inconsistent speed (which is obviously sourced from his very un-rhythmical action), you cannot make any comparisons with the speed gun. Also, in my humble opinion, the idea that a bowler with an action like his can bowl 156kph is absurd.
i differ in my opinion from yours here, dinda to be frank does not really have an unrythmic action, whatever he does, he does it everytime the sameway on every pitch. considering his spell in Zim.. he was quicker than Yadav on some occassions , assuming he is putting the same kind of effort on these pitches in india , he barely crossed 135 where varun crossed 147K a clear difference of 10-12 KMPH , i was just saying if he has crossed 153 on indian ptches i WOULD not be SURPRISED to see him cross 156-157 ABROAD. I have a STRONG feeling he'll do it.

unadkat looks like an underfed kid from africa. 10 over of fastbowling can be tough on your body, i doubt his'll take it. i now this has been discussed to death, but a protein diet is a must for athlets,if they really are serious about this. if they are afraid to eat meat, they should atleast consider whey, mcp protein or other supplements. talent can only take you so far...

unadkat looks like an underfed kid from africa. 10 over of fastbowling can be tough on your body, i doubt his'll take it. i now this has been discussed to death, but a protein diet is a must for athlets,if they really are serious about this. if they are afraid to eat meat, they should atleast consider whey, mcp protein or other supplements. talent can only take you so far...
But why have India got 3 phaast bowlers in top 20 of world test bowling rankings with pakis meat eaters only have 1 in top 20, that of Frankenstein Gul at a mighty 15!! Our phaast bowlers by objective analysis are superior to paks!
Aaron takes 5 wickets. Me excited!!!! Is he the fast bowler we wanted???? At least there is hope. Yadav also has wheels. If these rough stones can be polished, who knows???? Maybe we can give oppos some chin music!!! This fella is looking VERY promising. ONE TO WATCH
Yes Cric info declares him as the fastest indian bowler now and He really bowled well to take Rohit and other batsmen... it seems he is ready now, he should be picked to replace Nehra in the world CUP .. He is getting his rhythm and is in full form.
But why have India got 3 phaast bowlers in top 20 of world test bowling rankings with pakis meat eaters only have 1 in top 20, that of Frankenstein Gul at a mighty 15!! Our phaast bowlers by objective analysis are superior to paks!
that is only because they play a lot compared to pakis... if you are given a choice to pick 3 bowlers in your team would you pick ishant,sreesanth,munaf or riaz gul razzak or broad bresnan tremlett or siddle ryanharris bollinger ? our bowlers would be in the last position of the wish list... most of the others are quicker smarter and fitter. believe me all the others have high protein diet.
that is only because they play a lot compared to pakis... if you are given a choice to pick 3 bowlers in your team would you pick ishant,sreesanth,munaf or riaz gul razzak or broad bresnan tremlett or siddle ryanharris bollinger ? our bowlers would be in the last position of the wish list... most of the others are quicker smarter and fitter. believe me all the others have high protein diet.
rankings are based on performance not who plays the most. Its an objective analysys which shatters your flawed assumprions. I know it is hard for you guys to face it but our pacers are better then yours and more efeective. Razzak is as slow as it gets, hilarious you mention his cannon fodder bowling. And riaz has done what exactly:hysterical: And Gul is awful test match bowler!!! Paks have very poor pace attack now they have excluded druggies, oap chuckers and players who play for bribes!! Gul, riaz and razzack is an attack of paucity
i differ in my opinion from yours here' date=' dinda to be frank does not really have an unrythmic action, whatever he does, he does it everytime the sameway on every pitch. considering his spell in Zim.. he was quicker than Yadav on some occassions , assuming he is putting the same kind of effort on these pitches in india , he barely crossed 135 where varun crossed 147K a clear difference of 10-12 KMPH , i was just saying if he has crossed 153 on indian ptches i WOULD not be SURPRISED to see him cross 156-157 ABROAD. I have a STRONG feeling he'll do it.[/quote'] I disagree. Subjective judgements about action aside, you must have observed that Dinda sometimes bowls at 140kph in the IPL and sometimes at 130kph. Depends on the state of his body, the rhythm he is in, etc. Aaron will never bowl at 156kph, mark my words. Currently, he has timed just one ball above 150kph and whether due to speed gun error or mere 'everything clicking', it was an anomaly.