Who would you prefer India to face in quarter finals?

And your point is? Did this epic team not lose to India in the warmups? Did a leg spinner who nobody likes over here crippled them? We took that win in stride and moved on. Look at your batting and then ask the question whether your team could be bundled out for 150 or not? If WI goes with 4 pace bowlers you will be flying to Lahore.
Ask any neutral pundit or a fan and they will tell you Pakistan are favs but here most ppl are tipping windies just for the sake of it.WI can beat Pakistan but on paper in given conditions its advantage Pakistan. Ind-Aus is hard to predict because Aus can always raise its game when matters but truth is on home soil with its batting power and spin India is better placed.Now on a Pakistani website 60% are tipping Ind to beat Aus.There lies the difference my friend.
Ask any neutral pundit or a fan and they will tell you Pakistan are favs but here most ppl are tipping windies just for the sake of it.WI can beat Pakistan but on paper in given conditions its advantage Pakistan. Ind-Aus is hard to predict because Aus can always raise its game when matters but truth is on home soil with its batting power and spin India is better placed.Now on a Pakistani website 60% are tipping Ind to beat Aus.There lies the difference my friend.
Chances are you will beat them, but what I am pointing out is your vulnerability in batting. If you get 200 you win but there is an issue. I will give my analysis soon without emotion so dont take it personally.
Pak are definitely favorites against WI. India vs Australia will depend on the wicket, a batting pitch will slightly favor Australia and a slower track India. SA will run over NZ. Lanka will have a close match but will eventually beat England.
Even on a good wicket your top 5 will murder Aus quicks.Only way I can see Aus winning is if they bat first and pile up 320.In a pressure chase at home it will be difficult.Aus batting 2nd wont chase 270.
And your point is? Did this epic team not lose to India in the warmups? Did a leg spinner who nobody likes over here crippled them? We took that win in stride and moved on. Look at your batting and then ask the question whether your team could be bundled out for 150 or not? If WI goes with 4 pace bowlers you will be flying to Lahore.
I think WI should think of playing both Roach & Rampaul in QF against these Paki's & with Benn,Pollard,Russel & Sammy it looks much better attack than with 2 spinners & i feel 2nd spinner is within them & its Chris Gayle so WI common pick ur best XI. My XI against Paki's are : Gayle Smith D.Bravo Sarwan Chandrepaul Pollard Sammy Thomas[please sack him with a part time keeper] Russel/Rampaul Benn Roach :two_thumbs_up: :two_thumbs_up:
I think WI should think of playing both Roach & Rampaul in QF against these Paki's & with Benn,Pollard,Russel & Sammy it looks much better attack than with 2 spinners & i feel 2nd spinner is within them & its Chris Gayle so WI common pick ur best XI. My XI against Paki's are : Gayle Smith D.Bravo Sarwan Chandrepaul Pollard Sammy Thomas[please sack him with a part time keeper] Russel/Rampaul Benn Roach :two_thumbs_up: :two_thumbs_up:
All pace attack from WI will decimate Pakistan and they will hate Afridi after that.
I look at this thread and see majority of ppl tipping a team who lost every match against major nations in the group to beat a team that beat much fancied hosts and three times defending champions. Then I look at this View Poll Results: Australia vs India - Who will win? Australia 18 41.86% India 25 58.14%.
You cannot deny the fact group B is much tougher. World no.1 batsman Amla. no.2 ABDV no.3 Kohli then you have Tendulkar, Sehwag, Yuvraj, Gayle, Strauss not to mention a competent associate team. Australia is an undercooked team which was thrashed by both SA and India in the warm up games. And also you lost to a team that was whitewashed by Bangladesh. THen you were skittled out for a very poor score like 184 by a team like canada.Only reason i say Pakistan will win this encounter is not because Pakistan is too good but because Windies is simply capable of not beating any half decent side.
You cannot deny the fact group B is much tougher. World no.1 batsman Amla. no.2 ABDV no.3 Kohli then you have Tendulkar' date=' Sehwag, Yuvraj, Gayle, Strauss not to mention a competent associate team. Australia is an undercooked team which was thrashed by both SA and India in the warm up games. And also you lost to a team that was whitewashed by Bangladesh. THen you were skittled out for a very poor score like 184 by a team like canada.Only reason i say Pakistan will win this encounter is not because Pakistan is too good but because Windies is simply capable of not beating any half decent side.[/quote'] Awesome post Paaji :hatsoff: :fishing:
Wouldn't it be a Shocker if there were no Sub Continental Team? WI AUS SA ENG
Tell u what rajivbhia, last night after Thee game finished we[my friends&me] played a coin toss game & same thing happened there no asian team qualified for semis. :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: We went till the final & NZ was the winner in coin toss game. We enjoyed that moment very much & laughed alot as we all support diffrent teams & there was no NZ supporter. :giggle: :giggle:
You cannot deny the fact group B is much tougher. World no.1 batsman Amla. no.2 ABDV no.3 Kohli then you have Tendulkar' date=' Sehwag, Yuvraj, Gayle, Strauss not to mention a competent associate team. Australia is an undercooked team which was thrashed by both SA and India in the warm up games. And also you lost to a team that was whitewashed by Bangladesh. THen you were skittled out for a very poor score like 184 by a team like canada.Only reason i say Pakistan will win this encounter is not because Pakistan is too good but because Windies is simply capable of not beating any half decent side.[/quote'] I agree with most of what you have said.I cant see us winning chasing a big total 270+ but like you have said considering the opposition we are the favs. Group A might be light on batting Sanga-Ponting-Hussey on paper are up there but quality of bowling in A was better with Murali-Maliga-Gul-Afridi-Lee-Vettori-Tait-Mendis-Akhtar etc.
You cannot deny the fact group B is much tougher. World no.1 batsman Amla. no.2 ABDV no.3 Kohli then you have Tendulkar' date=' Sehwag, Yuvraj, Gayle, Strauss not to mention a competent associate team. Australia is an undercooked team which was thrashed by both SA and India in the warm up games. And also you lost to a team that was whitewashed by Bangladesh. THen you were skittled out for a very poor score like 184 by a team like canada.Only reason i say Pakistan will win this encounter is not because Pakistan is too good but because Windies is simply capable of not beating any half decent side.[/quote'] Add to that is there was no competetive game in group A while in group B almost every game was competetive. And out of the top 6 run getters till date all are from Group A apart from Dilshan who scored 144 against ZIM and if u leave that he has not scored 50 against Any of the top 8 teams in group A. Apparently i can say that Group B teams have already had a test of close matches & are experienced & ready for clash while group A was pretty one sided apart from Aus V Pak clash where any other team apart from Pak would have chased 176 withought any fuss. Who better than England can be prepared for close game where they have had 6 competetive game on the trott. And i back them to do well but m afraid that they lost Shehzad also following Broad & now i feel they will go back to anderson & that may cost them out of competetion aswell.
I agree with most of what you have said.I cant see us winning chasing a big total 270+ but like you have said considering the opposition we are the favs. Group A might be light on batting Sanga-Ponting-Hussey on paper are up there but quality of bowling in A was better with Murali-Maliga-Gul-Afridi-Lee-Vettori-Tait-Mendis-Akhtar etc.
If you take form and conditions into equation you can knock of a few players in that group. Tait, Akhta useless for different reasons. Look at this bowling... Steyn, Morkel, Roach, zaheer, Bresnan, Swann, Sahkib, Imran Tahir.. not to mention some very competent associate spinners,. Bowling on Indian pitches against quality batsmen is whole different cup of tea. did you see what happened to OZ bowling attack against Canada and Kenya. They were ripped to shreds.