The last group game: Ind vs WI pre-match talk

mastana

The last group game: Ind vs WI pre-match talk  

1. 1.

• India will win
    • West Indies will win

Offcourse, Dhoni can ONLY play Kohli type of innings, atm. I dont see him playing a blitzkrieg (warm up against NZ was an expection actually). Kohli is a good player, but since Gambhir is already there, i dont see a place for him at No.4, which should be Dhoni and Yuvraj coming in at No.5, Raina at No.6 and Yusuf @ 7.

Seeing Dhoni's current form do you really think he can do the job that Kohli does?? Dhoni is no longer the same batsman he was a few years ago. I'd much rather have a consistent Kohli in the team rather than Yusuf' date=' who performs once in a blue moon. Raina, no doubt just has to be in the team, the question is who does he replace - do you want some stability in the middle order (Kohli) or some more firepower at the end (Yusuf) - I'd like stability because both against Eng and SA we saw the team getting less runs than it should've simply because too many batsmen tried too many extravagant shots and got out so I would like some stability in the form of Kohli.[/quote']
Care to elaborate?
IMHO, Gambhir even though hit 50 in last match, he was no where near his old fluent self. I thought he looked scratchy. If we have to fit Raina in at some-one's expense, why should that be Kohli who will be perfect #3 in place of Gambhir? Raina will add to fielding and bowling columns as well as bat anywhere in the order. In lighter vein, on current form I would say Dhoni is teh weakest link in our batting lineup! i am a fan of his wicketkeeping though and there are no alternatives!

it wont be so bad if WI wins.. By the law of averages, India would have lost last 2 matches, so will get thru to Final by winning next two :) Seriously, Indian team does need a jolt and nothing better than a loss by WI. BTW, i consider WI to be one of the hot contenders.. they have 3 star players that have already clicked in this cup. All the hangama at home for loosing to WI will also reduce pressure on our team. No one will expect us to win QF, SF, and that is when we perform our best! So although my heart says India, I say Go Windies Go!

Dwayne Bravo didnt sign a contract with the WICB how could they make him captain?
For the long term I agree, but for the WC I don't see why a player can't be the captain if he can be picked in the team, with or without a contract.

Sammy is lucky Dwayne is injured for a while because he would not have been able to justify his place in the team for the test series against Pak and Ind coming up. Really have no idea about potential captains in the team other than Gayle and Bravo who both havent signed contracts. Either way Sammys days are numbered.

FFS there are 3 more days to go before the match. 3 net sessions over the next 3 days will be an adeuqate preparation for the match. Every team is making sure the players are taking a break when there is a long gap between matches. But it becomes an issue here as we lost a match.