The last group game: Ind vs WI pre-match talk

mastana

The last group game: Ind vs WI pre-match talk  

1. 1.

• India will win
    • West Indies will win

Ashwin, Raina and to a less extent Sreesanth in contention for a spot with Nehra, Munaf, Yusuf, Chawla not having done enough to cement their spots. India does not have a settled XI until the end of the league games .. which is something that should bother the team management and the Indian Cricket fans. I think Ashwin wlll come in place of Nehra/Munaf and Raina may miss out (even though I personally would like to give him a go in one match - Raina should have played against Ireland / Bangladesh / Netherlands).

Plenty of delusions of grandeur from you fans' date='[b'] so arrogant. The fact you think its not even plausible to you guys that WI can beat a team that involves Ashish Nehra and Munaf Patel shows your arrogance.
Look whos talking about being arrogant :hehe: what about Darren Sammy, Devon Smith, Devon Thomas, Nikita Miller etc.
But Kohli has been probably our most in-form batsman in the last one year. How is it justified that he be dropped while Pathan keeps his place in the side.
In the last few matches, when the top 6 failed, Pathan was the one rescuing us. NZ, SA and even 1 WC match
Yes WI has its fair share of mediocre players but you lot are acting as if it will be shock of the WC if you lose to WI.
It is by no means a shock. But if you are telling me India is not overwhelming favorites i call you biased. It is another matter Windies having a terrific day . Heck even Ireland had a good day. Bangla had couple of good days. Anybody can have good days. But before the match starts India will walk in as favorites. In cricket you don't need 10 great deliveries to take 10 wickets, 10 lame shots might just as well do that same job.
It is by no means a shock. But if you are telling me India is not overwhelming favorites i call you biased. It is another matter Windies having a terrific day . Heck even Ireland had a good day. Bangla had couple of good days. Anybody can have good days. But before the match starts India will walk in as favorites. In cricket you don't need 10 great deliveries to take 10 wickets, 10 lame shots might just as well do that same job.
Yes India are overwhelming favorites but it seems in some posters eyes they just cannot comprehend a loss vs WI. It only takes Gayle or Pollard to have a good day for WI to be in a commanding position. Obviously the same is true for Indian matchwinners, but cricket is a game of uncertainty.

I doubt they will drop Nehra and being Ashwin for that match. Munaf and Pathan are both local boys and I doubt BCCI would drop the local boys for the match. Anyways Ashwin is a must and not sure who else to keep or replace. I do not find a lot of difference between Nehra and Munaf. Raina and Pathan are a bit different but both are good with their own styles though Raina is a bit more consistent at least in subcontinental wickets.

WI has always managed to beat us in big tournaments often forcing our exit from the tournament. If WI bats first & scores 300+, we are doomed. India's trump card is spin. If Imran Tahir can bowl the WI out, why not Ashwin/Chawla & Bhajji ? Perhaps this is the one game, Chawla must play, but I am afraid he is done for the world cup. And the monster Gayle should be taken out by Zaheer Khan early on, else he can hurt us quick & big. Before the world cup started, I thought we'll surely win the England game, surely lose the WI game & have a 50-50 chance against the Saffers. Nothing has gone according to my expectations so far, so that gives me hope that we may get past the WI this time. Strategically it is critical that we win this one to finish in the top two, else we may have a tough game against Lanka or the Aussies.

Plenty of delusions of grandeur from you fans, so arrogant. The fact you think its not even plausible to you guys that WI can beat a team that involves Ashish Nehra and Munaf Patel shows your arrogance.
Yes because it also involves Sachin, Sehwag, Dhoni and Yuvraj and few others. And also because it doesn't involve Collingwood, Prior and Anderson.. Above statement is in jocular vein only.. I think WI has fair chance of beating India but not good chance.

@Viru agree with you about Raina being consistent i think that Kohli nothing against him should be replaced by Raina Virat i think is that kind of a player who needs some time to build his innings he is ideal of no 3 position but Gambhir comes at 3 and its top 3 who have contributed against England/SA in both the games they stayed till 30th and 38th over after that its the power hitters who come to bat so in that aspect Virat is missing out.