The last group game: Ind vs WI pre-match talk

mastana

The last group game: Ind vs WI pre-match talk  

1. 1.

• India will win
    • West Indies will win

- A loss against SA where SA had to play its best cricket (out of its skin) to beat a shabby Ind :P good grief! are some people really going to such lengths to excuse India's performance that day 3, count them, 3 Indian players did well, very well, incredibly well in fact but 3 players are not a team and India won't always be able to rely on the top order to give them such a good start the fact that those 3 players did so well does not diminish India's loss, it amplifies it India are one of the best teams in the world and favourites to win this damn tournament so please don't make excuses for them when they screw up, they're worth more than that :hatsoff:

No. Then why he didnt get a chance against BD' date= England, Ireland, Holland and South Africa? I am sure he is not a secret weapon. Many Aussies and other players played him and he is not a secret weapon. If he doesn't perform well in next match. Then it will be really difficult for him because next matches will be knockouts. One mistake and you are out of competition. Everyone has one bad day.
Isn't that what every one is asking? You are saying some freaking obvious things. If you have not seen enough of Ashwin you better wait and watch instead of stating obvious things.

I dont think Yusuf should should be dropped if we are playing with 2 seamers. If any one of them, Yusuf can still come in and bowl in the powerplays and will be a good backup option to Ashwin for the powerplays. In all likelihood, Kohli may have to make way for Raina. Will be harsh on him but thats what the situation demands unless Dhoni has the confidence on Kohli to bowl 3-4 overs at some stage (Last time he bowled, we lost the CT match to Pak in 2009 :(( )

I dont think Yusuf should should be dropped if we are playing with 2 seamers. If any one of them, Yusuf can still come in and bowl in the powerplays and will be a good backup option to Ashwin for the powerplays. In all likelihood, Kohli may have to make way for Raina. Will be harsh on him but thats what the situation demands unless Dhoni has the confidence on Kohli to bowl 3-4 overs at some stage (Last time he bowled, we lost the CT match to Pak in 2009 :(( )
Unless Kohli bats up the order and provides an additional bowling option, I agree, Raina should play in place of him. The top order batting has got in the groove and we might see Viru, Sachin, Gauti playing long innings..Hence adjusting Kohli in thsi order creates an issue when you get to the stage of 30-35 overs. Hence my team for the business end of the WC will be: Sachin Sehwag Ganbhir UV Raina Dhoni Pathan Bhajji Ashwin Munna/Nehra Zak

If we lose to WI by more than 100 runs and WI beats Eng by more than 100 runs, we are out. So we better bring in the A-list players and drop any of the weak links. Kohli not at #3 or #4 is a weak link. Get Raina who has proven down the order. We shd drop Kohli for WI match and play him in QFs. Dhoni should not worry about increasing Chawla's confidence and worry about others like Ashwin as well.

Unless Kohli bats up the order and provides an additional bowling option, I agree, Raina should play in place of him. The top order batting has got in the groove and we might see Viru, Sachin, Gauti playing long innings..Hence adjusting Kohli in thsi order creates an issue when you get to the stage of 30-35 overs. Hence my team for the business end of the WC will be: Sachin Sehwag Ganbhir UV Raina Dhoni Pathan Bhajji Ashwin Munna/Nehra Zak
However the team above will suck in fielding..Only Raina, Bhajji and Pathan are good fielders. Sachin will try hard but he has his limitations in fielding. The two jokers Munna and Nehra don't bring anything to the table..I would rather have an erratic Sreesanth who can be good in fielding and could bat a bit. His bowling is not worse that those two jokers..

Ashwin will play thanks to Chawla. Chawla has done so badly so far he's an obvious choice to be replaced with the next spinner in line i.e Ashwin. I hope it is not too late though, I still feel with the 5 games that has passed Ashwin should have played a game or two if he was going to picture in the QF and ahead. Whatever Dhoni says, he's still short of match practice. Raina coming in for Yusuf does not make any sense though. Yusuf was thought to be the match winner and Raina had been extremely bad which helped Yusuf and Kohli settle in the team. Wholesale changes is certainly not a good idea in my opinion. Dhoni will probably have to bat higher than he is at the moment and for heaven's sake don't keep fiddling with the batting line up. Barring the top 3, the rest of the batsmen by now will not know what is expected of them. This is almost like Rahul/Chappell time, when any batsman was thought to go out and play at any number. We know how much that back fired after one or two series'

So an inexperienced near-rookie spin bowler who doesn't even turn the ball much is our savior? LOL! The two guys who have been discarded like a used napkin all through the qualifying rounds have to help us to the finishing line. What an irony!

My question is this... what happens if Ashwin and Raina turn out non performers in the next game? What if India does lose (hopefully not)? Will there be some more changes? Is just one chance then good enough for Raina or Ashwin to prove themselves? India is hampered a bit what with not winning against England. If India had won against England, I guess Ashwin/Raina would have played against the Netherlands and Ireland. Still there was definite chance for Ashwin to have played in those games, the team management stuffed it up by playing Chawla for far too long. Now Nehra replaced him but then he's going to be dropped... Irrespective, there will always be one bowler that may not really come good on a day.

So an inexperienced near-rookie spin bowler who doesn't even turn the ball much is our savior? LOL! The two guys who have been discarded like a used napkin all through the qualifying rounds have to help us to the finishing line. What an irony!
that these guys were discarded was more due to our Captain cool's foolishness than to their form. Raina has been probably our best finisher in ODIs for quite some time now and Ashwin bowled extremely well in the New Zealand series and also in the warm up match and both of them should've played from the start of the WC.