India vs Australia QF : Pre-match talk

Now that we know whom we play in the QF' date=' do you guys know if there is enough time for the curator to tailor the pitch to suit our strength/liking? (if he is willing to, of course. Some egoistic curators see this moment as their chance for 2 sec fame and **** us up. But that is another story)[/quote'] There is enough time to shave of ALL the grass off the pitch, stop watering so that the pitch breaks up a bit and have some additional rolling of the pitch which aids in breaking the pitch as well (that's why teams op for heavy rollers in 3rd innings so that it will help break up the pitch faster making it tougher to bat as time goes on). Plus the temperature out there is already in high 30s which is good news as well :smiley: Essentially it wil come down to how much grass is left allowing the pitch to hold up and how much is the pitch watered (less the better).
We were lucky to get away against WI as they are a pretty poor side but against Aus if we have a collapse result would be similar to what happened against Eng or SA.
Out of interest...what happens if we tie with them like the England game...who would go through to the semis? Higher group stage ranking?
I compliment you on your optimism coz the way we have played pacers in the tourney (Bresnan' date=' Steyn, Rampaul picking 5 wkts and Johnston taking 2/15) has shaken my confidence a bit. We should prevail IF we don't have another batting collapse at the end. We were lucky to get away against WI as they are a pretty poor side but against Aus if we have a collapse result would be similar to what happened against Eng or SA.[/quote'] Hmmm, didn't we destroy, Steyn and Morkel upfront. It was their spinners that brought them back. Botha's spell changed the things. The extra pace from aussie bowler will be canon fodder on slow pitch.
You are making me nervous :nervous: Reverse swing on offer to Lee, Johnson and Tait wouldn't be good for us, especially with our new found propensity to fall in a heap at the end. Not to concerned about the Test result as there is unlikely to be grass on the pitch and the match wouldn't start early in the morning allowing the pitch to be dry. Pak chasing 315 is a worrying sign as well as that pitch would negate our spin threat allowin Aussies to easily play their shots. For this matchup against Aussies I would prefer a Mirpur or B'lore practice kind of a pitch where spinners do most of the damage and scoring is tough against slower bowlers.
To make you more nervous, Aus played Zim too here on Feb 21st so Aus would be aware of the conditions .... And of late, A'bad hasn't been that good a venue for India :P Aus vs Zim in WC2011 Irrespective of how the pitch is, Ind will have to play well and go in with a 11 that gives it variety and enough options, esp when bowling
Hmmm, didn't we destroy, Steyn and Morkel upfront. It was their spinners that brought them back. Botha's spell changed the things. The extra pace from aussie bowler will be canon fodder on slow pitch.
Nope it was Steyn's second spell which changed the game just like Bresnan's and Rampaul's today. Our collapse has always been triggered by a fast bowler in all the games.
To make you even more nervous, Aus played Zim too here on Feb 21st so Aus would be aware of the conditions .... And of late, A'bad hasn't been that good a venue for India :P Irrespective of how the pitch is, Ind will have to play well and go in with a 11 that gives it variety and enough options, esp when bowling. Aus vs Zim in WC2011
Now you have made me nervous too. Variety in bowling means... :nervous:

Lower middle order is always a problem for india. And fast bowler got all the wickets there. Middle order should be changed. Dhoni is useless for sometimes Pathan -- who? raina - << pathan kohli should come little down it will stabilize our lower middle order.

Now you have made me nervous too. Variety in bowling means... :nervous:
Chawla :P On a serious note, I meant a nice balanced attack where we can utilize 6 bowlers to bowl 50 overs, i.e. 3 seamers + 3 spinners (including part timers) :winky: