Why to hate India? Take it as sports only | Changes Statement: Afridi | Changes it again

Asim

I dont condone his use of this word but being a pakistani living UK I find widespread use of Paki on this site deeply offensive but I get told to put up with this.I am sure ICFers will agree with me that for us use of Paki=use of N word over here.
can u tell me why the term "paki" is considered offensive by pakistanis as it's just a short form of pakistani. any specific reason ?

Wish he had explained this to his cousin who was caught/killed infiltrating in J&K. http://www.rediff.com/news/2003/sep/12jk.htm Afridi's cousin killed in J&K: BSF September 12, 2003 13:38 IST The Border Security Force on Friday said a Harkat-ul-Ansar terrorist killed recently in south Kashmir was a cousin of Pakistani cricketer Shahid Afridi. "Saquib, killed in Anantnag on Sunday following a tip-off, turned out to be a relative of Shahid Afridi," BSF Inspector General Vijay Raman said. He based his claim on certain document found on the slain terrorist and the version of people who knew him. Saquib hailed from Peshawar, Pakistan, and had been active in Anantnag for about two years, Raman said. The IG said Saquib used to flaunt his relation with Afridi among the people in Anantnag. "It is an open secret in Anantnag," he said. "Initially we did not know whom we were tracking. It was only later when his identity was established by documents that we realised who he was."
So afridi's cousin was a nutcase. So what are you trying to do here? Point your finger at Afridi for something he didn't do? I have dumbass cousins aswell and just because we are family dosen't mean they define me as a human being ... get a life dude! :finger:

In My View , as an indian i would like to post my opinion regarding this issue/controversy In Hindi there is an old saying " Nachna Nahi aaye toh Aangan teda ", i know it hurts more when they loose against indian in a epic semi-final ( war without bullets ). if afridi was concerned abt media , why didnt he replied to them with his bat/ball to talk ( by scoring runs or taking wickets ) that would had shutdown indian media , it isnt the case his hiding from the epic defeat.If you guys are against india , then its your problem not ours in any case.We are happy to be peaceful country :two_thumbs_up:

Afridi's U-turn, now says 'I love Indians' After creating a furore by stating that Indians are not "large-hearted", Pakistan's ODI cricket captain Shahid Afridi did a volte-face, claiming that he was misunderstood and quoted out of context. "Media makes a big deal of small issues. It is shameful. I have always done my bit to improve Indo-Pak ties but sometimes you say something and it is interpreted the other way. I have been quoted out of context," Afridi said. "I have enjoyed my cricket in India and I love Indian people. Don't take my comments negatively. I have always got a lot of love and affection from Indian fans. And I request the media to play a more positive role and not waste time on such trivial issues," he told a news channel. A close aide of Afridi told PTI that "whatever Shahid said about Indo-Pak relations was after he was asked about the statement made by Gautam Gambhir that the World Cup victory is dedicated to the victims of the Mumbai terror attacks." "Watch the show again. It is clear Shahid was speaking in general terms when he was reminded that while he had said on returning home that Pakistanis should not treat India like an enemy, Gambhir had talked politics and tried to play up anti-Pakistan sentiments," the aide said. Afridi's aide said while the cricketer spoke positively about India, the players across the border were doing the opposite about Pakistan. "That is when Afridi made the remarks about Indians not being big hearted like Pakistanis and their media being very negative about Pakistan," the aide said. As the remarks by Afridi caused a stir in the Indian media on Monday, the Pakistan captain preferred to power off his contact phones and go underground. He is due to travel to Lahore on Tuesday to meet national selectors who are due to announce the Pakistan squad for the tour to the West Indies. Afridi, after initially making himself unavailable for the tour due to personal reasons, has now opted to tour the Caribbean and play in the limited-over series. Afridi's aide said the all-rounder was a firm believer that sports and politics should not be mixed together. "That is why he was so upset with the reported statement of Gambhir," he added.

Why shoot the messenger? :cantstop: Media this, media that. When will this pathetic excuse for a man own up to what he said? Courageous Pathan my f**king ass! This guy is an outright coward. And I guess the word 'Muslim' in his tirade just popped up out of nowhere. Apparently that was 'fixed' by the Indian media too. :cantstop: These people will never leave any stone unturned to bring religion into the equation. Gambhir never once uttered anything communal during that interview. Whatever was said has now been etched in sand. You can't keep blaming the media for your schizophrenic behaviour. Afridi should do us all a favour by cutting his own tongue off.