g0rah_p1ndu's collected pics - part 2

gorah_pindu

No - the pictures arnt mine - I just collected the best shots of India that I could find :)
Sala ek number ka dokhe baj nikla tu! Here I was thinking that you took all of them! Great effort anyway for collecting them :shades_smile:

I am stunned. I've seen a fair bit of India (though sadly, never been to the south) and i am planning on doing a 3-4 month backpacking trip through India sometime in the next few years. I am kind of disappointed at Gorah (though very thankful too) that he didn't take the pictures himself. I was going to ask him for his help in planning my trip and where exactly these sights are/how to get there etc. Apna desh mein sab kuch hain..lekin planning karne ka kuch nahim..puri khopree ghumaa deti hain edhar se udhar jaane ka raasta nikaalne mein.

Wow... stunning pictures those are.. !!!! I have no doubt in my mind that this is why they call India the divine land. Such a joy seeing them..I believe, Kerala, and bit of a south, Himchal, Asaam, Kashmir, some part of MP, BBy, Calcutta some part of Maharashtra, Agra and those places where these pictures coming from. Boy!! I always wanted to go to Kashmir and Kerala in my life time. First I will do Kerala so Kashmir main mar bhi jaaye to parwa nahi..!!.. Thanks Gorah bhai...

@CC1981 I can tell you where most of the monuments are - for example, Tamil Nadu has the biggest temples in India - at Trichy and Madurai - the Srirangam temple and Meenakshi temple. They are almost the size of Angkor Watt, the largest mandir in the world, and probably took more material and skill to build. If I was going to take a trip around India - I would follow a diamond pattern - start off in Delhi (the capitol buildings) - go through Rajestan via the national highway (the old forts and temples in Jaipur, etc) - arrive in Mumbai (nice skyscrapers, marine drive, Elephanta, etc) - drive down to Goa (some of India's best beaches, parties, etc) - drive to Bangalore (India's hippest city, with pubs and nightlife) - drive to Trichy and Madurai (fantastic temples) - drive up the coast to Bhubaneshwar (more brilliant temples, and Orissa has cool scenery) - then to Kolkata (another nice city) - drive to Khajuraho (more great temples) - then up to Agra (Taj Mahal, etc) - then back to Delhi. You wouldnt see everything that way, but using just the national highways and some state highways, you would get a big chunk of the coasts, and move in a circular pattern around some of India's best sites. Also, you would visit all of the big six cities except Hyderabad that way (or could make a detour). Dunno how long all that would take - but 3-4 months would easily cover it - you might have time to go to Kashmir and the North East.

GP- i've been suggested the diamond pattern before but my only problem with that is I need to go to Sikkim and Himachal Pradesh/Kumaun as well during the trip.I don't want to give South India the chop again but in terms of logistics, its gonna be a nightmare to do the himalayas and the south (as well as hitting Agra/Delhi/Benaras) in 3-4 months time.

You know as a kid, whenver I came to US; I used to see these uncles and aunties with tapes of their trip to India. I used to think they were showing off with their newly fund green card etc, now I wanna go and visit these places..funny that; in same situation