IPL4 Pace Thread

CG

Sure, But I didnot see any Praveen delivery at 140 his fastest was 130 or 132K I do not understand Delhi attack they spenT miLlions of dollars buying Morkel umesh yadav Varun aroon Dinda and other premier fast bowlers ....all were bot at a price costlier than what these players deserved. That showed they beleived in them, I was really Happy. Now they select yogesh and ask him to bowl 4 overs, they ask their venugopal rao to bowl spin, I can bet I can hit these spinners ( venu and yogesh) for Sixes...both r below average spinners with simple actions...specially Venu. A fast bowler can come back after being hit much more than a spinner and if they wanna play spinners why spend BIG money on so many fast bowlers,Its stupid and irrational and total misunderstanding.

Sure, But I didnot see any Praveen delivery at 140 his fastest was 130 or 132K I do not understand Delhi attack they spenT miLlions of dollars buying Morkel umesh yadav Varun aroon Dinda and other premier fast bowlers ....all were bot at a price costlier than what these players deserved. That showed they beleived in them, I was really Happy. Now they select yogesh and ask him to bowl 4 overs, they ask their venugopal rao to bowl spin, I can bet I can hit these spinners ( venu and yogesh) for Sixes...both r below average spinners with simple actions...specially Venu. A fast bowler can come back after being hit much more than a spinner and if they wanna play spinners why spend BIG money on so many fast bowlers,Its stupid and irrational and total misunderstanding.

clearly speed guns are wrong. how many months ago was it that ishant was avging 135 km/hr ?. So in like 6-7 months he upped his avg speed by 10k atleast ! Can mr.Pont comment on this. I don't blv its true - humans can't switch gears like that
Why are you surprised? He has bowled that speeds in 2008 Australia to 2009 IPL2. He had good speeds in that period. He is a rhythm bowler. He lost his rhythm and lost his pace. HE is looking in good rhythm now. He is bowling good alignment while delivering, but it does not men he will bowl 150k in every match because he still does not have enough strength in his body to sustain that. When on a day, he is feeling good in charging in good rhythm, he can surprise you with his pace and other he may not bowl the same pace but still will be quick enough to trouble the batsman. And its not that other bowlers are bowling above their normal pace. They are bowling similar speeds. Speed guns cant be wrong just for him. As Steyn bowling at his normal speed. He was not shown 155K...he is showed at 145 most of the time. Gony bowled around 135 most of the time, same with Christian.

If a bowler as tall as Ishant can bowl around 140 and has some movement and bounce with good line and length, he can trouble any batsman. It is good enough especially in tests and ODis. In T20, it may or may not work depending on the conditions, because you need more variations and yorkers to bowl well IN T20s.

^^ lee/tait fastest is 160 and avg is 145, steyns top speed is 155k bt avg speed is 140k, generally ur avg speed is about 15k less than top speed also you cant bowl at top speed all the time lee/tait fastest ball of all time is about 160 bt do they clock 160 in every match /series? same with steyn fastest ball in carrier is 155 bt generally his fastest is about 148. same for ishant fastest ball in carrier is 150 , fastest ball in most match is 142 nd avg speed is 135 fast bowling is physical some days ur body will respond other days it wont that is why u need backups for fast bowlers.
ishant fastest is 152.8km/h .