IPL4 Pace Thread

CG

Somehow 4-0-36-1 ( wicket of a 40yr old Gilchrist) seems to please ppl more around here as long as there is a low full toss at 147ks in that spell..
differentiate the conditions as well and you are comparing a newbie to 3 experienced campaigner in international cricket and Ishant did bowl over 140s ks and speed guns didnt show speed consistently today

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
It was one bad wide call by umpire and over destroyed. He was bowling quick. Maculum was swinging on every delivery. That beamer made it worse though. It does not matter though. He was bowling quick and anyone can be hit in T20.

Viru did not give him even a second over .. looks like he will also be axed like Varun Aaron .. why did they get all of India's phaastest bowlers if they are not going to play/bowl them :hmmm:
After Varun Aaron gets tonked around.. he will go for Umesh..

Mcullum did really well to save himself from that beamer ..it ws a dangerous ball I feel umesh shud be picked only in tests and even in one days he may not be able to control his line n length....Varun may be a better bet for one days than umesh and neither of them for T20"s None of them have good control over their line n length

Mcullum did really well to save himself from that beamer ..it ws a dangerous ball I feel umesh shud be picked only in tests and even in one days he may not be able to control his line n length....Varun may be a better bet for one days than umesh and neither of them for T20"s None of them have good control over their line n length
Control comes with time. Right now he is asked to bowl as fast as he can and he is doing which is strength clocking high on speed guns.

Control comes with time. Right now he is asked to bowl as fast as he can and he is doing which is strength clocking high on speed guns.
After seeing lot of IPL Matches I realised a couple of points.... 1. Fast Bowlers and fast bolwing requires Slip fielders and T 20 Hardly provides that. 2. Fastbowling requires one or 2 fielders in thirdman towards both sides and t 20 some times u dont have fielders in thos positions.... if a fast bowler has great control over his skill then he should be bowling in a T 20 else a medium pacer or a spinner is a better OPTION as practically All spinners have good control over their Skill and a couple of medium pace bowlers like Vinay Kumar Sidharth trivedi may have good control over their Skill what I am trying to say is Batsmen target to murder bowling n finally bowlers in T 20 and in T 20 captains do not set attacking fielding so it is better that medium pacers and Spinners bowl... See Umesh's bolwing in the last match there were 2 4's hit via the Slips, in my understanding those were catches if slip fielders are their. in T 20 Medium pacers will suceed more ...mid you even steyn is bowling medium pace in T20's and is hardly bowling above 143K.. i have seen all his overs and he hardly bowls faster than 143K ..morne is also bowling well with in himself...60 % of his balls are below 140K mark where as as on today TAIT and Morne Morkel are the fastest bowlers in the world who bowl consistently above 145K in tests and in one days also. T 20 is hardly for fast bowlers as even fast bowlers go for lot of control and if u guys know fast bowling .. if u r too much into control then u can never get ur rhythm and if u dont get rhythm u dont get speed. if u come running and just use your shoulder u will be able to bowl 136K balls not 145K. i am ALL for Umesh and Varun still...these guys should be grommed for tests and even for One days..and if u play fast bowlers give them the traditional fast bowler field. ALLAN Border , steve waugh used to keep even 4 to 5 Slips for grath and brett Lee in tests and even in ONe days initially ... and they used to blow off the oppostion with in 200 most of the time..I would recommend that to Sehwag, if u have pace give ur pacers the right field..provide at least 2 SLIPS alwaysprovide third man , when a fast bowler is hit in the front and he goes for a 4 he feels beaten but when an edge for a 4 he has beaten a batsmen and it shud not go for a 4 or a Six over the third Man