Would you support IPL team with Paki players?

Ultimate_Game

Would you support IPL team with Paki players?  

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes but only after 26/11 culprits are brought to book

Irrespective of how I feel about Pakistan as a country I believe that sports and politics should not be mixed. India is a growing power and I believe we should frame our policies based on solid principles. A mature country should not feel the need to frame reactive policies. I think Indian government needs to take proactive steps to defend our borders and at the same time should be savvy enough not to come across as crybabies.
Sorry, there's no way you can ever separate the two. Right from Munich massacre, appartheid era, quota selection in SA to India refusing to play terrorism politics and sports have always been intertwined. Things like politics, sports etc. have to take precedence over national interest and security and if boycotting Paki players puts more pressure on Paki govt and ppl then I fully endorse the stand. Plus it's not as if we haven't tried our best and not given them any chances - pls read my OP for instances I have listed.
I didnt bother watching the interview because my hindi isnt that good. From what i saw off Afridi's clarification on NDTV and articles i read on net he tries to make that " not large hearted " comment towards Indian media than indian people. I am simply giving him the benifit of doubt because of the mature way he behaved when he was in India during India . Remember these guys are uneducated and dont have any proper media manager. So its always easy to get controversial comments by asking tricky questions.
If you don't understand hindi then you aren't qualified to comment on the episode. I have heard and seen the full interview and he made the statements twice in 2 separate interviews. After that Afridi had the temerity to say that he was "misquoted" or "taken out of context"!!! This was similar to Afridi coming up with an excuse for ball biting incident saying that he was only "smelling the ball"!!! He doesn't even have the balls to stand by his own words and I guess this is what being "large hearted" means in Paki land.
26/11 has been a complete game changer as far Indians are concerned. I think the somewhat "lack of remorse" and belligerent stand by their media and cricketers has made it more difficult. It is no longer a question of what I want. For instance, somebody asked me how do you know that taxes paid by cricketers will not be used against us. There is no way you can answer that. Hate begets hate. You cannot isolate them and hope there won't be a backlash. Even the mighty US has understood that. People talk about past efforts made and how they have failed but the truth is India is in its most powerful position in its lifetime and Pakistan at its weakest. I don't think we cannot not do anything by going back into the past. They are our neighbours. They were a part of us at some point. We have to deal with them with both carrot and stick. A uni pronged approach will not work. My feeling is they should be allowed to play. But they should get used to the hate coming from Indians. I don't think most people have large enough hearts to embrace cricketers of a nation who have openly claimed to use terrorism as a military strategy. Post 26/11 there is hatred for them, it just is there
Well the thing is when and where do you draw the line? We have already given them enough chances and we have seen the results (listed in my OP). It's time to stand our ground and hit them where it hits them hard, which is no cricket with India unless they sort things out. As the saying goes "If you fool me once shame on you, if you feel me twice shame on me". I guess it's time we (BCCI and Indian govt) showed them we meant business.

To all people who said yes' date=' would you change your opinion if Headly accepts next month in his trial that he was working for ISI?[/quote'] Headley has already admitted in his confession that he was working for ISI a few months back... next month he's simply gonna restate the same in a trial and I can assure you nothing's gonna change. Paki govt will say that since Headley is an American citizen it can't do much about Headley and claim Headley is lying under "Indian" influence. Do remember these are the same ppl who refused to accept Paki army corpses post Kargil and are still denying they have anything to do with 26/11.

Headley has already admitted in his confession that he was working for ISI a few months back... next month he's simply gonna restate the same in a trial and I can assure you nothing's gonna change. Paki govt will say that since Headley is an American citizen it can't do much about Headley and claim Headley is lying under "Indian" influence. Do remember these are the same ppl who refused to accept Paki army corpses post Kargil and are still denying they have anything to do with 26/11.
I know what pakis will say. I am talking about Indians who want pak players in IPL. Next month, it will be official and in public record that ISI, a govt. organization, helped plan the attacks. What reason would these "big heart" Indians have for their support?

I know what pakis will say. I am talking about Indians who want pak players in IPL. Next month' date=' it will be official and in public record that ISI, a govt. organization, helped plan the attacks. What reason would these "big heart" Indians have for their support?[/quote'] Well if Kargil and the sight of our soldiers in coffin, attack on our parliament, 26/11 attack in the heart of mumbai, abetting Hijacking of Indian Airlines (Kandhar) for release of Paki terrorists and hosting the most wanted criminal in India (Daewood Ibrahim) doesn't bother these "Indians" I doubt a confession by Headley will change anything.

I do not get it, this unwanted nature towards Paki players did not start in 26/11. If you started only from 26/11, you really need to think more. It is their own faults and their fans who deserve this exclusion. They are making far too much noises when the same thing has happened with Bangladesh players in the 3 IPL seasons, yet they never complained. But why on earth, does Pakistan always ask sharing in anything India does? Seems like a problem since the birth.

What to speak of IPL, if the Indian govt had any guts they would completely boycott all contact with Pakistan. After 26/11 and the shameful way in which Pakistan have denied any connection with it - hey Mr.10 Percent even blamed Indian security services for it in a recent statement! - we can't expect any good to come out of dealings with Pakistanis. So, let alone no cricket, I say no trade, no visits, no diplomatic relations. And please finish building the border fence already.

The culprits are their government. What do you do then?
Yes, I read that Rana confession bit in the news too. If the culprits are the government of Pakistan, and that looks very plausible right now, I want my government to take action against the people who massacred defenseless Indians. If it means bombing some camps in Pakistan so be it. If it means doing whatever it takes for Pakistani hukumat to hand over the perpetrators, then do it. But if my government's only action ( or their unsaid directive) is 'banning' certain players then there is something really wrong. Why did we host Pakistan at Mohali? If we have a policy, it should be consistent. Them playing at Mohali is ok, but they can't play in the IPL? If we are serious, we should have forfeited the semis and refused Pak players entry in India. Or we should have arm twisted ICC into making Pak forfeit the game :P That would send a message about our seriousness. What we are doing now is just meaningless posturing. And in the end, it makes us (India) look stupid. The victims are not going to be avenged by this mere posturing. I'd rather the IPL sets a small % of their profits for the welfare of the families of the victims. They'd actually benefit a lot.

Yes, I read that Rana confession bit in the news too. If the culprits are the government of Pakistan, and that looks very plausible right now, I want my government to take action against the people who massacred defenseless Indians. If it means bombing some camps in Pakistan so be it. If it means doing whatever it takes to for Pakistani hukumat to hand over the perpetrators, then do it. But if my government's only action ( or their unsaid directive) is 'banning' certain players then there is something really wrong. Why did we host Pakistan at Mohali? If we have a policy, it should be consistent. Them playing at Mohali is ok, but they can't play in the IPL? If we are serious, we should have forfeited the semis and refused Pak players entry in India. Or we should have arm twisted ICC into making Pak forfeit the game :P That would send a message about our seriousness. What we are doing now is just meaningless posturing. And in the end, it makes us (India) look stupid. The victims are not going to be avenged by this mere posturing. I'd rather the IPL sets a small % of their profits for the welfare of the families of the victims. They'd actually benefit a lot.
Firstly, are you sure banning players from playing IPL is not the only action taken by Indian Govt? Do you know if Indian Govt is not doing anything else to get the things done???? Secondly, if Indian Govt did not invite Pak to Mohali and just twist ICC to let Pak forfeit the same, would you(an Indian Cricket Fan presumably) and all of us have the satisfaction of defeating Pak in fair and square manner and eventually win the World Cup...> I would not for sure, let alone anyone else... It is needed for us that we invite them to Mohali!!!! It is not needed for us (that much) to invite them for IPL!!! Remember one thing that it is they (the Pakistanis) who did everything they could to get the land separate for themselves when they very much have the option of staying with INDIA> IMHO, I do not see any gain that the Pakistanis achieved in getting a separate country except for an identity!!!!!!

Yes, I read that Rana confession bit in the news too. If the culprits are the government of Pakistan, and that looks very plausible right now, I want my government to take action against the people who massacred defenseless Indians. If it means bombing some camps in Pakistan so be it. If it means doing whatever it takes to for Pakistani hukumat to hand over the perpetrators, then do it. But if my government's only action ( or their unsaid directive) is 'banning' certain players then there is something really wrong. Why did we host Pakistan at Mohali? If we have a policy, it should be consistent. Them playing at Mohali is ok, but they can't play in the IPL? If we are serious, we should have forfeited the semis and refused Pak players entry in India. Or we should have arm twisted ICC into making Pak forfeit the game :P That would send a message about our seriousness. What we are doing now is just meaningless posturing. And in the end, it makes us (India) look stupid. The victims are not going to be avenged by this mere posturing. I'd rather the IPL sets a small % of their profits for the welfare of the families of the victims. They'd actually benefit a lot.
Our govt is gutless. It will not do anything. So no official boycott. The only reason cricket was stopped between the 2 was because of its presence. Obviously, if we had let pakis play in IPL back in 2008, then the public can see the govt. inaction on TV , everyday for 50 days. They didnt want that. Now that the 26/11 news is fading (with absolutely no consequence to pak), the pussy, vote bank congress is again bending down to be rammed by another attack. Regarding the world cup, Champions trophy and asia cup, we have an obligation to the ICC to play whoever it is. Why would the ICC agree to a pak boycott if the Indian govt doesn't even raise a finger against Pak? It is not the ICC or BCCI's job to punish Pak, it is our pussy govt's job. We should be happy that atleast IPL doesnt care about Pak and "amar ki asha" crap.

I still do not get why is this issue getting so big? There is increasing number of indian people who are sympathetic to them, while everyone in Pakistan wishing bad luck towards IPL and India generally. This really shows you the attitudes of both countries and surely because of this, Paki players should not be in this. Furthermore and more importantly, Pakistan seems to very anti-India where they think it is their birth right to have sharing whether it is land, money, missiles, IPL. They seem to have forgotten the hearts of Indian people when there are tons of reality shows, singers, actors who got and are getting tons of opportunity and money from India. Remember tons of aman ki asha type of singer programs where singers weather it was young paki children or adults got to spend their time of life in our land. Yet, they are seen complaining and talking about unfairness to us. Us really? . Their situation again is no different from Bangladesh cricket team where none of their players got to play in IPL all 3 seasons, yet no complain or bull ****.