Sri Lanka recalls players from IPL

Sir john

Ok. So yesterday we hear that SL cricket board is in debt and today we have a minister wanting Sl to return. Hmmmmmmm...If i was a paki, i would say that this was done to get bribe from BCCI to come out of debt. But publicly announcing this is done out of petty ego and politics. SL players have their 1st game on the 14th in England and giving a week before that for acclimatizing, the 5th is reasonable. So based on the new rules, SL players will get only half the money from IPL. Jaya would have to take a cut of 800,000 $ and play for 15,000$. That is insane to ask a player to do.

This is the second time that SL players have been involved in this controversy of Nation vs Club. If these players are forced to pull out this time, I doubt they will be bought next year. If they are bought, it will be at lower prices, which would not make the players happy. In this situation, I think England is trying to act smart but they are self-goaling themselves, as their players are very excited to play here.

you get full payment if you've played 4 or more matches. so shouldn't be a problem for SL players. but i don't think the players will leave IPL midway, they'll complain to rajapaksa or something and somehow will stay till the end. i remember something similar took place in 2009 IPL, but the players won at the end.

you get full payment if you've played 4 or more matches. so shouldn't be a problem for SL players. but i don't think the players will leave IPL midway' date=' they'll complain to rajapaksa or something and somehow will stay till the end. i remember something similar took place in 2009 IPL, but the players won at the end.[/quote'] Not really. 1st 3 IPL's were something like a player has to be available for atleast 8 games or some arbitrary number. IPL 4 has actually become more strict and pay pro-game basis. Cant find the exact numbers but i am sure a player will lose more than 50% if he plays less than 7 games. Besides that, it will lessen the trust franchises have on SL player and in the future, will not bid as high as they did this time. The boards that has shown that it will make its players available like SA, NZ and SL till this time, always get more than what they are worth and boards that dont, namely English players, are an afterthought.