Ishant hits 152.4 verses Benglaluru, even faster than Steyn

Roshanrocks

Even Gony hit 140s a few times and got the ball to move. The pitch though had some good bounce and encouraged some bowling. Hopefully Deccan mamangement ensure this type f a pitch for rest of the matches too helping Ishant to continue his good rhythm. Ishant bowling quick (140+) in good rhythm, getting the ball to bounce off good length and do something off the pitch will make our test attack that much more potent.
I only saw 2-3 balls from him above 140, but i dint see a single ball from Ishant below 141 in 24 balls. I'm sure the pitch had a lot to do , but then you have to be good enough to use the pitch, which he was today. Din't get wickets but beat the bat a lot, even Kohli was found wanting against his movement and bounce

5.6 Ishant to de Villiers, no run, Steyn before this ball walked up to Ishant and had a few words, Ishant kept it on a perfect length and forced de Villiers to defend off the backfoot, Ishant is bowling really well - looks like he is back to the 2008 days when he was one of the world's best 7.6 Ishant to Kohli, no run, Crikey, that's Ishant at his menacing best, a dream leg cutter that pitched outside off and moved away past the lame poke of Kohli, Kohli looked to cover the movement, but the ball snaked away like a dream and thudded into Sanga's gloves, Ishant liked that and had a word with Kohli who smiled back at him, too good for Kohli and the end of a magnificent spell of fast bowling from Ishant - I reiterate again - he is back to his very best. .3 Sharma to Kohli, 1 run, bouncer, hit in the air and falls safe in the mid-wicket region. Ashutosh comments on the speed Sharma is bowling, "Has any one bothered to notice the speed at which Ishant Sharma is bowling, his fastest is at 152.2Kmph and he's averaging at almost 150kmph." comments from ..cricinfo and cricbuzz

Yep ishant's opening burst was amazing. In fact ABDV's wicket to Gony was partly due to the amazing over ishant bowled before that. ABDV was all at sea against him. Great signs if ishant can retian the rhythm and continue to bowl like this.
True

It seems staying out of the team works for every player, the hunger within increases, it must have hurt him not to be part of the winning World Cup Team, that showed in the way he bullied Kohli in this match and giving him some of his language, i could see the bitterness. Good for india that he wants to come back into the team not being a Trundler but a fast bowler. Hope he never sees Venky for atleast 10 yrs.

For some reason, the IPL always seems to bring out the quickest in Ishant. I remember during IPL 1, he was matching Umar Gul inch for inch, when playing for KKR. Ishant is certainly capable of bowling the occasional nippy spell. For but the zillionth time, lets make one thing ABSOLUTELY clear – He is not a 90 mph bowler. He does not fall in the category of Johnson, Tait, Lee, Nannes, Roach, Steyn, Morkel, Malinga, Gul etc. He is at most effective, when he is averaging 85-87 mph (remember that spell against Ponting in 2008?), with the odd ball over 90 mph. The problem happened, when his average speed dropped alarming to the early 80s, at one point during late 2009 and early 2010.

Ishant looked electric today. I lokked at him in 1st IPL game and physically he loooked different. You could see his body had matured and he had bulked up with strength. Just he is 22 now and is not a lanky piece of ****. He has got bigger and stronger. Looked to have a build more of a man. Today he was amazing, clocking 150 and I truly believe speed gun was spot on as Gony just about got to 140 only occassionaly but generally was 130 to 135. While Ishant was 145 with ease and clocking 149/150. I belive he has become a man and benefitted greatly from missing world cup and getting jealous. Physically I repeat looked a different person, power and strenght is there. I am excited

I literraly was getting a hard on watching ishant today. He was phhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaast:yay:
:haha::haha::haha::haha::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Hope he gives a hard on to the Pakis!!!!! as India is planning to Play Paki in the near future.

do you think he was bowling flat out cos its only 4 overs i fear we wont see these speeds again in test or odi where he will have to bowl a lot more overs one more thing how comes steyn was averaging in the late 130 when he is usually 145 or so

dont care about playin against the pakis, they can go to hell in a way they are there already lol anyway, as for speeds, wasnt there some talk about speed being measured at the point of delivery? so what does the pitch have to do with it?

For some reason, the IPL always seems to bring out the quickest in Ishant. I remember during IPL 1, he was matching Umar Gul inch for inch, when playing for KKR. Ishant is certainly capable of bowling the occasional nippy spell. For but the zillionth time, lets make one thing ABSOLUTELY clear – He is not a 90 mph bowler. He does not fall in the category of Johnson, Tait, Lee, Nannes, Roach, Steyn, Morkel, Malinga, Gul etc. He is at most effective, when he is averaging 85-87 mph (remember that spell against Ponting in 2008?), with the odd ball over 90 mph. The problem happened, when his average speed dropped alarming to the early 80s, at one point during late 2009 and early 2010.
only these two + Akthar are genuine 90mph bowlers . The rest are in the same category as Ishant , 85-90 mph bowlers , who can occasionally hit 90+

dont care about playin against the pakis, they can go to hell in a way they are there already lol anyway, as for speeds, wasnt there some talk about speed being measured at the point of delivery? so what does the pitch have to do with it?
Well the pitch if it has assistance like a Hard Surface, little bit of Green, then the ball carries with bounce, on the other hand if the pitch is not conducive to fast bowling, it remains slow. Now about the speed, we can't really say if the speed is measured from the release point, if that wud be the case we wud not see any difference in the speeds irrespective of the pitch the bowler balls, but that is not true, we see variations in speed, when somebody balls on a Assisting Pitch vs a Non Assisting Pitch, which makes me believe that there is a connection with the speed measurement to the kind of pitch used.

one more thing how comes steyn was averaging in the late 130 when he is usually 145 or so
you have not seen enough of Steyn then. Steyn is different from other quicks. He has different phases in every match. There will be a phase where he would concentrate on accuracy and swing and sacrifice the pace. There will be another phase where he will go for raw pace. He alternates between them unlike other pacers who constantly tries to bowl fast and finds themselves injured. One of the reason he will have longer career compared to other fast bowlers of his era.