THIS IS PUNJAB's YEAR. You read it here first: 2024

punjabi_khota

Just want say thanks to Gilly for putting in a great effort and giving us some vintage performances during this IPL. Also, a special mention for our best player Marsh, who has held the team together all season with his consistency and class. The duo virtually dragged the team up the table with their performances and leadership and in the end we over-achieved with what is frankly a piss-poor squad. No thanks to Preity Zinta and the co owners, ****ing up the auction by epic proportions. It was evident that they had no strategy what so ever and resorted to panic buying. Spending $1.4m on Hussey and $800m+ each on Nayar, Karthik and Chawla just speaks volumes. IPL stats for Hussey for example are not impressive in the slightest, there really is no logic behind some of these buys. I'd like to make it clear, that as a Punjab supporter, I want these owners to **** off!!! I am sick of the Preity Zinta sideshow and it is because of them and Tom Moody that Yuvi is no longer with us. I would like new owners who have a bit of common sense, some cricket knowledge, are capable of strategic planning and lastly, have enough money to actually spend their full purse! Rant over.

:kxip: Men of honor, honorable in defeat. Raped the CSK sambars, shot the bambis in the ass and ravaged the BRC bewdas. Defeated 3 out of the 4 playoff teams. We will be back, next year :kxip: Now lets hope the sambars don't win :pray:
Please create a thread for it :pray:

As much as it makes me queasy with discomfort to say, I must admit the Clowns stayed in the competition for far longer than i thought they would. If anything, they were only a couple of dropped catches away from a spot in the playoffs, which is pretty incredible for team whose entire existence was hanging in the balance before this edition of the tournament. They obviously did not have the same leverage when it came to bidding for quality talent. But with the bunch they had, it was pretty admirable for them to finish 5th, especially if you consider the fact that they ended above teams like Pune, who had a much bigger corporate backing and had far more star players.

Guest Gunner
As much as it makes me queasy with discomfort to say' date=' I must admit the Clowns stayed in the competition for far longer than i thought they would. If anything, they were only a [b']couple of dropped catches away from a spot in the playoffs, which is pretty incredible for team whose entire existence was hanging in the balance before this edition of the tournament. They obviously did not have the same leverage when it came to bidding for quality talent. But with the bunch they had, it was pretty admirable for them to finish 5th, especially if you consider the fact that they ended above teams like Pune, who had a much bigger corporate backing and had far more star players.
That sounds eerily like Pakistan. :winky::winky:

Well done to Punjab. Put out a much weaker team (on paper) this season' date=' than the one that finished bottom last season. Quality entertainment, including that World Record partnership, but that blip midway was costly. [b']Proud of the team, proud to be Punjabi...
Just a query' date=' How many Punjabis are playing for them?[/quote'] Andy, in all fairness to the poster "Captain of Bhangra" , he said that he is proud of his team and he is proud to be a Punjabi. Nowhere did he mention that the latter is because of the former. :D So, the number of Punjabis in the KxiP side is a moot point. I'm proud of MI, proud to be a Leo.