Sathya Sai Baba passes away

nballa

If I dupe you of a 100 rupees, but used 25 rupees to buy you two samosas, will you come to me and say ‘What an honorable man you are..!’ :laugh:
This is where there is conflict. Not everyone is a devotee of him. The common man doesnt give two shites of how he got his money, and just acknowledges his acts of charity even if they know they are corrupt, because at least it was for the good of the people. Then there are his devotees.......they took a leap of faith and hope that whatever he says is right. Simple as that. Its their conscious choice and decision knowing of what they are doing. So they can face all the consequences of what the so called 'demi-god' really is. Because to the common man, it doesnt effect them zilch.

If I dupe you of a 100 rupees, but used 25 rupees to buy you two samosas, will you come to me and say ‘What an honorable man you are..!’ :laugh:
We can merely speculate as of now. Unless a formal investigation is conducted we can never say whether the money has been swindled or spent properly. But atleast, I can see some partial results on the ground.

We can merely speculate as of now. Unless a formal investigation is conducted we can never say whether the money has been swindled or spent properly. But atleast' date=' I can see some partial results on the ground.[/quote'] Exactly nobody knows anything in terms of the financials and what they know is common knowledge and somehow keyboard ninjas feel it is a good enough case to nail him. I guess spouting off baseless accusation on forum is more credible than a big 4 audit and forensic report for some. Ironical that they talk of devotees as ignorant and delusional which they of course are. Again, as I said earlier, there is no denying he cheated the people in terms of his persona and miracle. But in terns of the financials, there is nothing on him, not even allegation.

^Lol @ the Big 4 (apologies to gunner :P). When was the last time big 4 (or 5 before enron I guess) nailed anyone ? Cmon dude, the biggest frauds have been committed in plain sight, and none of the audits ever showed anything. Did the big 4 catch the Satyam fraud ? :hmmmm2: This guy was one of the most connected ever. No wonder no one took action.

Exactly nobody knows anything in terms of the financials and what they know is common knowledge and somehow keyboard ninjas feel it is a good enough case to nail him. I guess spouting off baseless accusation on forum is more credible than a big 4 audit and forensic report for some. Ironical that they talk of devotees as ignorant and delusional which they of course are. Again, as I said earlier, there is no denying he cheated the people in terms of his persona and miracle. But in terns of the financials, there is nothing on him, not even allegation.
Yes, the same big 4 audit firms that gave those junk mortgages and credit default swaps AAA ratings and literally bought the entire financial world to the knees in 2008?? :hysterical:

^Lol @ the Big 4 (apologies to gunner :P). When was the last time big 4 (or 5 before enron I guess) nailed anyone ? Cmon dude, the biggest frauds have been committed in plain sight, and none of the audits ever showed anything. Did the big 4 catch the Satyam fraud ? :hmmmm2: This guy was one of the most connected ever. No wonder no one took action.
Khote, that is fair enough point about Big 4. I wouldn't disagree with it entirely, but on a forensic level it still counts for something. His 40,000 crore trust property is know in public domain. His expense on his social work and his palace ( residence ) is also knows. So, I wouldn't put it down as financial swindle more like abject indifference of his followers. Unless someone knows something that I don't.

I do not know much abouth sathya sai baba, so I have got few questions. 1), Did he claim that he was a god or was the title of god given to him by his devotees? 2), If the title of god was given to him by his devotees then did he try to stop them calling him a god? 3), Is it true that he said he will live till age of 96? 4), Did he claim that he was a reincarnation of sai baba of shirdi and that he will come back again as Prem sai baba? Thanks

Listen - first you go around abusing and making personal remarks against posters who have not directed any personal comments towards you' date= then you try to bring moderation into the picture despite clear guidelines that it should be discussed in PMs. You really seem to have a problem following even the most basic forum regulations it seems, so it's better you take a break and come back when you can post without abusing others.
what are you six or seven? cant deal with a bit of keyboard ninja stuff? cant handle a little anger and frustration from a fellow poster when you pass scathing remarks about his sacred cows? it was your mindless drivel that invited such outbursts. you dont like this dude, well open up another thread and go at it. or go the hari sampath way. but dont get your panties a fracking twist every time someone rubs you a little different. go ahead have your little outburst now.

BTW' date=' for a site that claims it doesn't tolerate religious abuse, you guys are doing a fabulous job of sticking to it. Guess it helps when you have [b']a bunch of atheists running it. Yes, Sathya Sai was a religious leader, whether you guys accept it or not.
ease it now... one idiot in a lot does not mean you defaecate on everyone.

If he's done a con job then he's done a pretty good job given the number of "educated" people got hooked by him.. He's no more alive to defend himself..May his soul rest in peace.. Personally I don't like Demi-Gods/Godmen/Godwomen and those following them..But to each their own..
i dont think that is a good parameter to judge anything. most indians born in the hindu faith obtain considerable discipline and dedication from their religion which eventually leads to career success. unfortunately, most of these individuals interpret these pillars of success as some divine intervention in their lives or at times even providence. as a result, a large number of individuals, especially hindus, ten to be quite pious regardless of their academic and financial achievements. for instance, the ISKCON has a massive number of doctors amongst its ranks, and yet, the organization's philosophy disagrees with the theory of evolution and are probably the only hindu mythology based organization that is creationist in belief. yet, when quizzed, the doctors do not find any incompatibility in their medical training and this creationist philosophy that they adhere to.

what are you six or seven? cant deal with a bit of keyboard ninja stuff? cant handle a little anger and frustration from a fellow poster when you pass scathing remarks about his sacred cows? it was your mindless drivel that invited such outbursts. you dont like this dude, well open up another thread and go at it. or go the hari sampath way. but dont get your panties a fracking twist every time someone rubs you a little different. go ahead have your little outburst now.
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Idiot, if you had grown a couple of brain cells in your time off from ICF you would have realized it was a comment made to stop personal attacks and abuse on all posters. Now piss off and work on your quack like theories of Higgs Boson.

Spot on. This is a perfect reason not to support governments and look to governments for all your answers. And for those people saying "OMG, how disgusting! Why do you need to do this in a condolence thread?', imagine condolences threads for Saddam Hussein or Jim Jones with people saying that they inspired thousands of people, that may their souls rest in peace, etc, etc. I know Sai Baba didnt kill people but he was a crook nonetheless. And when a crook dies he doesn't become a saint, he is just a dead crook. Thats me done for this thread. ps: Ram, it was Falwell who died. Robertson is still alive afaik.
falwell was not elevated to god like status as you previously claimed. infact, the GLBT alliance came out with a scathing statement against that fat frak which read something like "may reverend fallwell make his way to heaven, where he might realise who wrong he was when he meets the numerous gays and lesbians amongst his ranks" but there is a difference between saddam and sai baba is there not? i personally am quite a rabid atheist and that is not something i have concealed, but sai baba did do quite a bit of good, and most of the accusations against him have not yet been affirmed, whereas saddam was a total shyte *****. cant bunch the two in the same category.

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Idiot, if you had grown a couple of brain cells in your time off from ICF you would have realized it was a comment made to stop personal attacks and abuse on all posters. Now piss off and work on your quack like theories of Higgs Boson.
see, i cant handle it. i wont cry, and i wont run to my mommy/moderator and complain and have you banned.

falwell was not elevated to god like status as you previously claimed. infact, the GLBT alliance came out with a scathing statement against that fat frak which read something like "may reverend fallwell make his way to heaven, where he might realise who wrong he was when he meets the numerous gays and lesbians amongst his ranks" but there is a difference between saddam and sai baba is there not? i personally am quite a rabid atheist and that is not something i have concealed, but sai baba did do quite a bit of good, and most of the accusations against him have not yet been affirmed, whereas saddam was a total shyte *****. cant bunch the two in the same category.
Does it matter if he did some good? it is the original premise of swindling innocents thats the common denominator (one did it by force, one did it by trickery). Wouldnt you agree?

see, i cant handle it. i wont cry, and i wont run to my mommy/moderator and complain and have you banned. as for brain, i was gifted a particularly large penis as witnessed by some of your (insert relative). i dont need no brain coz i dont need no readin'
What's your fascination with my relatives? Last time you wanted to have **** sex with my 55 year old mom - so which relative of mine has tickled your fancies this time round? :woot:

Does it matter if he did some good? it is the original premise of swindling innocents thats the common denominator (one did it by force' date=' one did it by trickery). Wouldnt you agree?[/quote'] absolutely agree. but you cant judge all crime by its nature, you ought to make distinctions in the intensity and the modus operandi. one might and i emphasis this, 'might' have accumulated a personal fortune at the expense of millions of willing individuals who were not necessarily coerced into his message (though you can argue that coercion can be either tangible or intangible, so i would concede that to you too), whereas the other used brutal and insufferable cruelty on unwilling masses. now, would you adjudicate both of the above to an equally harsh punishment?