Osama killed in Pakistan

Cricketics

well it has to be done within 24 hours (per Islam). so guess they could have tried to find a country which will take him and bury him there. they instead chose to just dump him. don't think it makes a diff where they bury him - sea or land. :dontknow:
I dont think the US gives a jack about Islamic law. There is some other reason behind the sea burial..

well it has to be done within 24 hours (per Islam). so guess they could have tried to find a country which will take him and bury him there. they instead chose to just dump him. don't think it makes a diff where they bury him - sea or land. :dontknow:
Correct. They've to do it within 24 hrs. They gave him a Sea Burial because they didn't wanted the burial place to become a Shrine for the "followers".. Everything okay. My only concern is that this is a deal between USA & Pak to dump Osama in exchange of Pak getting more in Afghanistan.. Osama was only a symbolic figurehead and was not involved in any oprational planning.

I dont think the US gives a jack about Islamic law. There is some other reason behind the sea burial..
They totally do. If you think otherwise, you don't know the US. Yes there are right wing nutters who think anyone who doesn't follow Christianity is under the influence of Satan, but for most part people have respect for others' religions. Even the 9/11 Mosque at Ground Zero has support from most people.

They totally do. If you think otherwise' date=' you don't know the US. Yes there are right wing nutters who think anyone who doesn't follow Christianity is under the influence of Satan, but for most part people have respect for others' religions. Even the 9/11 Mosque at Ground Zero has support from most people.[/quote'] Of course they do in their governance and people living in the US. US is one of the most inclusive nations in the world But when it comes to security concerns, I dont think they give a jack about Islam - foremost priority is to for the security of American people. It makes zero sense to dump a high value body in the sea just because Islamic law dictates so. The only non conspiracy theory reason I can think of is a land burial would become a rallying point for further followers.

But when it comes to security concerns, I dont think they give a jack about Islam - foremost priority is to for the security of American people. It makes zero sense to dump a high value body in the sea just because Islamic law dictates so.
Obviously if Islam says Infidels can't kill a Muslim, no country is going to abide by that rule. :winky: The US was not interested in his body. He is done, killed, DNA taken. Now given that he is useless, they decided to dump him per Islamic rules within 24 hours. :dontknow:

The only non conspiracy theory reason I can think of is a land burial would become a rallying point for further followers.
yep they simply didn't want his burial site to become tourist place for his followers

Joh Brennan: We didn't inform any Pakistanis until the US forces had returned from Pakistani airspace, and we were on the lookout for any Pakistani jets, etc being deployed who might engage us. We noticed that they were scrambling to deploy, but we didn't encounter any engagement. There you go, the Pakistanis weren't informed, and were caught off-guard and were a bit slow to respond.
lol and Mushraf was claiming on Indian news channel that it was joint operation of American and PAkistani intelligence:haha:

Funny how the Indian media is responding to this, using the same biased reasoning that the americans are too. Indian media making up excuses as to why no pictures have been released. Why the body was buried at sea etc. America showed the world straight away Saddam and the world didn't have any conspiracy theories anymore, until Osama's pictures/video footage are shown, a lot of people will ask if he was really killed or not. I don't believe anything any media in the world comes out with. In fact I often find that life is easier if you don't bother with the news. You tend to have less biased views because you don't listen to the news. Here is an example, on SKY this morning, a reporter asked the High Commisioner of Pakistan the following question. "Why are Pakistan hiding terrorists?" Such a biased question. Whereas a lesser news channel asking a Pakistani member of the government in the UK asked in a fair way, "If Osama has been caught in Pakistan territory, is it possible that they are helping terrorists?" Just the way these questions are asked enough to sway the audience, it's disgusting and all media does it. So no point in listening or watching to it.

The mere fact that the world’s most wanted TERRORIST was found residing in a massive compound literally a stone’s throw away from Pakistan’s most prestigious military academy is staggering. Remember, when the question of Bin Laden came up after September 11, the default answer always was ‘Oh he’s probably already dead by now, or is hiding in those complex network of caves that Dot the Tora bora mountains, along the Pak-Afghan Border..’ Forget the caves, you can understand that if Bin Laden’s hideout was some remote border down near Afghanistan. But this was in the ABSOLUTE heart of Pakistan, less than 30 miles from the national capital and more embarrassingly, less than half a mile from an elaborate military compound. The intelligence reports say it was sometime late last year that they first got the wind that OBL may be hiding out here. So we know for a fact that he’s been living in that compound for at least 10-12 months and its not like this was one of his temporary hideouts. And to think the Pakistani intelligence/military let him go unnoticed all along, is simply unbelievable. Could it get more embarrassing than this? And the recent announcement that the Americans intimated the Pakistanis about the operation AFTER they left Pakistani air-space bears all the tell-tale signs of a completely fractured, trust-less relationship. Come to think of this – If the Americans really thought the Pakistanis were trustworthy partners who deserved credit, they would have let them share at least a portion of the spotlight of capturing the world’s most wanted. This would have been a wonderful opportunity for Pakistan to come out to the world and say ‘Look, we’re turning a new page in our history..’. But none of that happened. The US couldn’t even bother telling them about the operation, let alone have them take part in it, which almost clearly proves one thing – The Americans obviously suspected that some portion of the Pakistani establishment were hand-in-glove wit h OBL and feared that, if they shared even a portion of the intelligence with them, it would severely compromise the operation. The Pakistanis have suffered multiple slaps on their cheeks over the last several years, but I honestly think nothing could be worse than this. To have the military forces of another country casually fly across your into your airspace, conduct a pinpoint assassination mission of one of the world’s most high profile targets, that too in the neighborhood of your country’s most prestigious military academy is by itself embarrassing enough. But then to come to know that they were informed about the entire operation AFTER the fact simply boggles your mind.