Which victory against PAK gives you the most satisfaction...

and which loss hurts you the most? Here are some of the contenders Wins Bangalore 1996....World Cup Q-final. Centurion 2003.... World Cup Rawalpindi 2004.... 3rd test match AUS 1985....World Championship final. Lahore 2006....3rd ODI(Dhoni's assault) Delhi 1999....2nd test(Kumble's 10 for) Defeats Karachi 2006....final test match Chennai 1999...first test match Bangalore 1987....fifth test match Sharjah 1986....Final(Miandad's 6) Calcutta 1987....Malik's 72 Calcutta 1999....1st test of the ACT Bangalore 2005....3rd test I hope i haven't missed any! For me the most disheartening loss was the 1996 Q-final along with the 04 Rawalpindi test match and if i had to choose one then i'll go with the Rawalpindi test match! The most satisfying win has to be the 1987 Bangalore test match!

Re: Which victory against PAK gives you the most satisfaction... Among the ODIs, the sweetest ones are the Bangalore Q final and the 2003 win at Centurion. The hype before both of those games was incredible. The first one was a world cup knockout game and the second one saw Ind-Pak play each other after 3 years. And Ind knocked Pak out of the world cup in both instances. The first one saw an amazing assault from Jadeja who was not known for hitting then and the second one saw one of the greatest demolitions of one of the best pace trios ever. Among test matches, my two favourites are Kumble's 10fer and our first win in Pak. Pak were batting to safety in the first one, after Afridi and Anwar had put on a 100. And then AK47 happened. Scythed through the Pak's opening duo, middle order and the tail on his own. And he was only the 2nd man to do it EVER! The Multan victory by an innings was amazing too because he lost our greatest captain before the game, went in with two rookie pacers and beat Pak handsomely in their backyard. What a historic series that was! Among ODI losses that I have seen, none of them really hurts. Among tests, Chennai '99 hurts the most.

Re: Which victory against PAK gives you the most satisfaction...

Which loss hurts the most MP?
RawalPindi 2004...We had already lost the ODI and then the loss at RawalPindi meant that we lost 2 out of the 3 test matches by an innings and that too at home and on top of that we had the Shoaib controversy! The same Shoaib AKhtar that had blown both SA and NZ away mere 2 months prior to the IND series was now being questioned at the legitimacy of an injury! I thought PCB really made a fool of them selves!

Re: Which victory against PAK gives you the most satisfaction... a long long time ago... probably late 80s I remember watching India make 120 odd in Sharjah Being less dispassionate about Indian cricket, I often used to switch off the TV if we were losing. But I watched, and Pakistan were bowled out for 80 something. Gavaskar held 3 catches. Faded, but still in some ways bright memories. Loss: again, a long long time back... We needed 200 odd to win in Bangalore, and I thought it was going to easy - logic suggested 2 batsmen make 40 and the others only 15 each. One batsman made 96, but Qasim and the other spinner - Lionel Richie lookalike - forget his name - won the game for Pak.

Re: Which victory against PAK gives you the most satisfaction... Rawalpindi 2004.... 3rd test match gave me utmost satisfaction and for about a week I was ove the moon. Karachi 2006....final test match : This one hurt quite badly particularly after India had had a good start. In the previous two matches India matched Pakistan in every possible way and showed they are truly excellent in test format. I thought India was on the verge of winning yet another test series. A back to back test series win would have been absoltuely great. Don't know why that happened but in the end India lost by a huge margin. That test match loss has left a bit of a mental scar I think.

Re: Which victory against PAK gives you the most satisfaction...

a long long time ago... probably late 80s I remember watching India make 120 odd in Sharjah Being less dispassionate about Indian cricket, I often used to switch off the TV if we were losing. But I watched, and Pakistan were bowled out for 80 something. Gavaskar held 3 catches. Faded, but still in some ways bright memories. Loss: again, a long long time back... We needed 200 odd to win in Bangalore, and I thought it was going to easy - logic suggested 2 batsmen make 40 and the others only 15 each. One batsman made 96, but Qasim and the other spinner - Lionel Richie lookalike - forget his name - won the game for Pak.
I Qasim was a very underrated bowler! If you look at his test record it's better than any other PAK spinner yet if you ask anyone in PAK almost everyone will say that A Qadir was the best 'test' spinner PAK has ever produced! Here is his record http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/ci/content/player/40572.html

Re: Which victory against PAK gives you the most satisfaction... In tests, the most satisfying win was definately the 2nd test of the '99 Independence Cup. India had snatched defeat from the jaws of the victory at Chennai, and the entire country had the knives sharpened for the match at Delhi. The odds were stacked against India. In a close match, India finally took control and set a solid target of 420. You got the impression that it might not be sufficient, as Pakistan began their 2nd innings superbly, putting up 100 runs for the first wicket. Then in the post-lunch session Kumble just ran through them. It was unbelievable, one batsmen followed the other in what looked like a procession...the sight of Srinath deliberately bowling wide deliveries was so surreal. That was a huge win, and made all the more memorable because it was against a very good Pakistani side. It restored the morale of the entire nation. I remember fire crackers went off that night to commemorate the victory. As great as the '04 test series victory was - India were always the favourites and most people were expecting the team to sweep the test series after the team's excellent performances in Australia and in the subsequent ODI series. The most painful defeat is undoubtedly the '99 Chennai Test in that same series. Tendulkar, fighting back spasms - managed to play the innings of his life (i will ALWAYS rate that 136 as the best knock ever played) and India still ended up on the losing side. It was like a movie-script - with all the drama, the climaxes, and the twists and turns that make a thrilling plot. Not for the faint-hearted. After Joshi had smacked that six, i was so sure that India would win but from that point on, the Pakistanis and especially Saqlain - sensed an opportunity, and bowled their hearts out. It was a classic in every sense of the word. Another defeat which still hurts is that Asian Test Championship match at Kolkata. Srinath's finest hour - 13 wickets in all, and India still managed to lose. Pakistan had been reduced to 6/27 in that 1st innings as Prasad and Srinath were making the ball talk, and Nayan Mongia was plucking edges out of thin air behind the stumps. God knows what happened after that. Showape has had some good moments in his career, but uprooting Laxman, Dravid and Tendulkar's stumps must be his most cherished memory. The circumstances in which the match finished (Tendulkar's run out, emptying the stadium etc.) made it a painful defeat. In ODI's, the most satisyfing win for me, quite perversely - happens to be the 2nd match @ Karachi, in the historic '97 series. Under extreme pressure from what was a very hostile crowd, India conjured a victory out of nothing. After Chauhan sweeped Saqlain into the stands, you could have heard a pin drop ! The silence was just deafening...and such a sweet memory. The '96 and '03 World Cup wins were just as good, as others have mentioned.

Re: Which victory against PAK gives you the most satisfaction... Best wins are all 3 World Cup matches especially the 96 QF where Sohail and Anwar were smashing Srinath and Prasad about in the first 10 overs but India fought back. The most painful defeat was Chennai in 1999 which India should have won.