Let's talk about the DRS

champ

Am curious. All these suppositions about the UDRS; what do people think would have been the result in all these 4 mentioned scenarios if UDRS were to have been there? Frankly only Yuvraj's decision could have been overturned. Nothing else. Snickometer or Trakker are not used in UDRS. .
So there would have been an increase in the accuracy of the descisions by 25%. Thats a huge diff

India, not umpires should take blame for poor decisions - Sanga Sri Lankan captain Kumar Sangakkara was on Saturday in no mood to implicate the umpires for the dodgy decisions they handed to Indian batsmen in the tri-series match here and said India should have agreed to the use Decision Review System to have a level playing field. India were at the receiving end of some dodgy decisions as they lost comprehensively by eight wickets. Three dodgy decisions came from local umpire Kumar Dharmasena while one -- that of Yuvraj -- was from Pakistani Asad Rauf. "Even before the Test series we have been for DRS and the only reason I believe why we did not have referral system throughout the Test series and through this series was because India did not want DRS," Sangakkara said at the post-match press conference when asked about the bad decisions. "Well, sometimes decisions work for you and sometimes they are against you. But if everything has to be fair use technology. Make it even," he said. "The ICC should make technology compulsory now because if some sides are using it and some series we are playing without technology, I don't think that is right. Everyone should use technology. If it is a must," he added. source

It appears as if SL team, esp its captain, is acting like sore losers. Well SL stands for Sore Losers too :P Ind in SL - Won the Asia cup - Came back strongly in tests to draw the series - Hopefully, we will beat NZ tomorrow and once again take out SL in the final

Fking idiot..Just because URDS is available or not available' date=' it doesnt give the umpires right to be wrong..its their fking job to be right.[/quote'] yes watever sanga is saying it means that if a country doesnt want UDRS in ODI`S then the home team can put up home umpires and give any number of ****in wrong decisions

ICC has a solution for the problem. If we keep refusing to UDRS all the time, we have no right to complain against bad decisions. Refusing to UDRS makes a statement that "we are willing to and we want to take the umpires' decision without any problems whatever they are. We wish not to contradict the umpires and we wish not to challenge their decisions." So, we have to STFU and take it right up.

What a fricking Moron, he is just like Tony greig who is first class Idiot, he was also saying the same Indian didn't want Udrs. So Indians didnt want Udrs so that gives Umpires fricking right to be pathetic, what a bloody logic, In Udrs you have two challenges after that what they still these fricking morons giving these ridiculous decisions. UDRS is not the only answer, weeding out these inept and biased umpiring is answer.

I don't think Sanga meant that "because India didn't say YES to UDRS, we are going mercilessly pwn them by electing one stupid umpire after another, privately tutor them to give the Indians out et al". I think in the broader sense, he actually makes sense. UDRS is the need of the day. An umpire, making whatever decision, right or wrong, under any influence of bias or not, should not be allowed to dictate the proceedings of a game.

Totally agree with him. Tbh we deserve all these bad umpiring calls. After Sydney fiasco Indian fans, Indian team and BCCI board were crying everywhere but when it comes to implementing UDRS in Test matches, we guys wanna keep stuff natural by not adding technology. Indian team deseves this!!! I think rather than Sanga, indian team sounds more hypocrite.

I don't think Sanga meant that "because India didn't say YES to UDRS, we are going mercilessly pwn them by electing one stupid umpire after another, privately tutor them to give the Indians out et al". I think in the broader sense, he actually makes sense. UDRS is the need of the day. An umpire, making whatever decision, right or wrong, under any influence of bias or not, should not be allowed to dictate the proceedings of a game.
But ODIs have no UDRS as of now. What solution do we have of poor decisions in ODIs?
But ODIs have no UDRS as of now. What solution do we have of poor decisions in ODIs?
Don't scream. And what excuse do we have for Tests? In retrospect, I think he was making a general statement about the significance of UDRS in present day cricket, form notwithstanding.
Don't scream. And what excuse do we have for Tests? In retrospect, I think he was making a general statement about the significance of UDRS in present day cricket, form notwithstanding.
So why should India take blame for poor umpiring decisions? Can you please elaborate since you are agreeing with Sanga's views.