Let's talk about the DRS

champ

Quite a few debatable decisions in the first Test between India and WI and I get the feeling that UDRS reluctance is going to make them pay heavily. Suresh Raina didn't look out and Harbhajan was definitely not out. Dhoni was out off a no-ball that was not called and Virat Kohli's dismissal also looked doubtful. Don't know why the heck they don't use UDRS. Majority of Indians seem to be in favor of UDRS. But only the opinion of a few senior players matters it seems.

And URDS actually won us the world cup...with SRT's dismissal was chnaged in SF...the turning point in that match
Exactly! Well, it wasn't UDRS that won us the WC, but it corrected a lot of wrong decisions. The Indian team's demand is in stark contrast to the general opinion in the country.
Sachin and Dhoni hate it. Full stop.
Did they tell you in person? because Sachin cleared few days back that he isn't against DRS and said he would like DRS to be used if hotspot is available which is in England. Dhoni and BCCI don't agree with hawk-eye. @OP- yeah it will cost us, just hope its not during the England series though because it will be really embarrassing.

I'm not convinced with this Hawk eye technology. I'll be convinced when they show some bowler bowling some deliveries at the wickets without a batsman standing in front on live coverage and the hawk eye predicts the delivery's line and trajectory accurately and consistently. So far we havent seen such a demonstration from Sky or whenever such technology is used. I wonder why ? The only people who have probably watched this are officials from various boards including BCCI and they have reasons to believe its not convincing enough. Whoever is pushing this technology forward should do more to convince everyone that this technology indeed is accurate and can be adopted regularly rather than just have some smart ass commentators pass sarcastic comments on air. Also if you have good umpires, then we have seen that use of such technology is moot as their decisions are seldom reversed. When it comes to lbws, when the hawk eye shows the ball hits less than half of leg stump/off stump or hits the batsman's legs a little outside, the decision rests with the on field umpire anyway. So more emphasis should be put on good umpiring rather than imperfect technology which will only make the game more unnecessarily complicated.

4 consecutive decisions were wrong today :wall: Dhoni's catch was a sidestepping no ball, Bhajji's lbw was going over the wicket,, Raina's glove never touched the ball, Kohli's catch was inconclusive.
I dont think so..... Virat Kohli was given out stupidly by Harper. Even if it was reviewed there would have been no snicko or hotspot as it is telecasted by Tencricket and they are unwilling to pay 10000$ for hotspot as was evident in the WI-PAK series telecasted which did not have hotspot or snicko.Hence the decision would have rested with the on field umpire and he would have been out. Suresh Raina in one angle showed it clipped the pad,but the stupid WI commentators were trying to justify it clipped the glove.Since there was an ambiguity and again NO HOTSPOT OR SNICKO it would have remained out. Well as far as Harbhajan is concerned,it was purely not out.If he had reviewed it ,would have been overturned. As far as Dhoni is concerned,how can he review for a no-ball,it is the mistake of ****ing daryl harper.Dhoni could not have done anything. But do you see one thing, All the ambiguos decisions were by Harper.Ian Gould was perfectly correct. So as far as England series,Aleem Dar,Simon Tauffell,Ian Gould should be the umpires we wont need reviews.
I dont think so..... Virat Kohli was given out stupidly by Harper. Even if it was reviewed there would have been no snicko or hotspot as it is telecasted by Tencricket and they are unwilling to pay 10000$ for hotspot as was evident in the WI-PAK series telecasted which did not have hotspot or snicko.Hence the decision would have rested with the on field umpire and he would have been out. Suresh Raina in one angle showed it clipped the pad,but the stupid WI commentators were trying to justify it clipped the glove.Since there was an ambiguity and again NO HOTSPOT OR SNICKO it would have remained out. Well as far as Harbhajan is concerned,it was purely not out.If he had reviewed it ,would have been overturned. As far as Dhoni is concerned,how can he review for a no-ball,it is the mistake of ****ing daryl harper.Dhoni could not have done anything. But do you see one thing, All the ambiguos decisions were by Harper.Ian Gould was perfectly correct. So as far as England series,Aleem Dar,Simon Tauffell,Ian Gould should be the umpires we wont need reviews.
I dont agree. Both Kohli and Raina's dismissals would have been overturned if it was referred to UDRS. There was absolutely no evidence ball clipped the bat or the glove. In that case it is not ambiguous and clear that it has to be not out.
I have a feeling that some of these umpires are making team India pay for not opting for UDRS...just my thought :winky:
Honestly I don't mind even if this is true because this is WI tour. If the same happens in England by now the English media would've made fun of Indian team and its cricketers just because BCCI doesn't want to use DRS. I don't get what does BCCI mean that technology is not 100%. Are the umpires there 100% correct? They should oppose against those umpires too.

They showed a little package with 10 wrong decisions so far in the series. @ were for us and 8 against. Every series follows a similar pattern yet we continue to get shafted and also give others the chance to discredit our wins. Time to wake up now. BCCI dont act like a mule and wake up to the reality.

ICC should get sponsors for hawkeye, snickometer and hotspot as this would save televison broadcasters from taking the cost which they might be reluctant to do so in long term. then icc should make it compulsory in international cricket. was hawkeye, snickometer and hotspot used as part of DRS in eng-sl series or was it just hawk eye?

ICC should get sponsors for hawkeye, snickometer and hotspot as this would save televison broadcasters from taking the cost which they might be reluctant to do so in long term. then icc should make it compulsory in international cricket. was hawkeye, snickometer and hotspot used as part of DRS in eng-sl series or was it just hawk eye?
Snickometer is not practical at this point because it can take up to 5 minutes to get the results.