PK or Sree??

135434.2.jpg In these conditions, seamers are going to do well but some brilliant bowling by Sree to pick up 3 wkts of Eng's top 7. Provided the early strikes, which Ind missed at Lords in the 1st inning, to keep Eng under pressure and make it easy for other bowlers. What a performance :yay:
No doubt about that. Although at Lords Ishant was a lot off colour with his line and length which didnt help
No doubt about that. Although at Lords Ishant was a lot off colour with his line and length which didnt help
Apart from Zak, other bowlers didn't bowl well, esp. with the first ball at Lords. Which is why you need guys like Sree as if they fire, they can cover up of others. Forget the ER, what's more imp in tests is SR, you need someone to provide you with those early breakthroughs. I was hoping Eng to see 150/5 but at 124/8 that's just incredible performance by our bowlers led by Sree's early strikes At TB, Sree delivered a probably series changing performance, if Ind go on to win this and the series
Apart from Zak, other bowlers didn't bowl well, esp. with the first ball at Lords. Which is why you need guys like Sree as if they fire, they can cover up of others. Forget the ER, what's more imp in tests is SR, you need someone to provide you with those early breakthroughs. I was hoping Eng to see 150/5 but at 124/8 that's just incredible performance by our bowlers led by Sree's early strikes At TB, Sree delivered a probably series changing performance, if Ind go on to win this and the series
Well Ishnat did pick up the first wicket leading the early strike. Plus Lords was pretty differnt to Trent Bridge. Its very difficult going into a game with only two main bowlers. Today if either PK or Ishant had been off color or injured, England would easily have recovered to score 300 + like they did the last time
Well Ishnat did pick up the first wicket leading the early strike. Plus Lords was pretty differnt to Trent Bridge. Its very difficult going into a game with only two main bowlers. Today if either PK or Ishant had been off color or injured' date=' England would easily have recovered to score 300 + like they did the last time[/quote'] Picking one wkt is not an early strile, you need to pick a couple or more like what Sree did to put Eng under pressure at 80 odd for 3 (which is why I said I would rather give 100 runs to get 3 or 4 wkts) .... PK picked up an early wkt in 2nd innings at Lords too, I guess that was an early strike and Ishant effort didn't mean much Appears as if you are too shy to give the credit where its due :hysterical:
Picking one wkt is not an early strile, you need to pick a couple or more like what Sree did to put Eng under pressure at 80 odd for 3 (which is why I said I would rather give 100 runs to get 3 or 4 wkts) .... PK picked up an early wkt in 2nd innings at Lords too, I guess that was an early strike and Ishant effort didn't mean much Appears as if you are too shy to give the credit where its due :hysterical:
I am not and I am really happy for Sree as he is bowling well and has put India in a good position. But do you also concede that PK can be as threatening with the old ball(and not just with the new as you consitantly claimed) and has bowled well? Two dropped ctaches or he would have more wickets Also, there have been numerous occasions when even after early strikes and opposition being 3-4 wickets down, we have not been able to get them out because other bowlers didnt stand up. Bowling with 3 bowlers in form is much better when only two bowlers are bowling, like in Lords

We need to clean the tail quickly, but that also shows that there are runs on this pitch :dance: And yeah PK bowled well in these conditions. I am not saying that he doesn't bowl well but some other options would be more effective if there were a choice to pick one. Not bowling well is more in comparision .... My understanding was that PK was picked over Sree at Lords so I was speaking w/ that in mind. Sree is much more an impact bowler and if we win this series, there would be a decent contribution from him :icflove:

We need to clean the tail quickly, but that also shows that there are runs on this pitch :dance: And yeah PK bowled well in these conditions. I am not saying that he doesn't bowl well but some other options would be more effective if there were a choice to pick one. Not bowling well is more in comparision .... My understanding was that PK was picked over Sree at Lords so I was speaking w/ that in mind. Sree is much more an impact bowler and if we win this series, there would be a decent contribution from him :icflove:
And a decent contribution from PK and Ishant in the same match. Without any one of the three, and considering the form Bhajji is in, England would not have been 9 down now. One partnership was all it would have taken to get the game away. Yes Sree did take early wickets but putting the whole credit to him is unfair to Ishant and PK who bowled equally well